|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Steve's college roommate?
(a) John Tyson.
(b) Bill Tyson.
(c) Mike Tyson.
(d) Pat Tyson.
2. Who was Steve's main threat at the match in North Carolina in 1971?
(a) John Yifter.
(b) Mike Yifter.
(c) Yasin Yifter.
(d) Miruts Yifter.
3. Where did Steve meet Scott Daggatt?
(a) Pac-8 meet in Seattle.
(b) NCAA meet in Baton Rouge.
(c) Oregon Twilight meet in Eugene.
(d) High school track meet in Coos Bay.
4. What was Steve's number one reason for running?
(a) To be the fastest runner.
(b) To please his fans.
(c) Self satisfaction.
(d) To make money.
5. What drew people to become fans of Steve?
(a) His charisma.
(b) His relationship with his fans
(c) His talent.
(d) His honesty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of person was Steve in college?
2. What did Steve stay away from when running while training?
3. What did Steve say he could have done if he hadn't raced the 1500 the night before in Norway?
4. What type of person did Pat say that Steve was?
5. What was the last loss that Steve experienced in his college cross country career?
Short Essay Questions
1. What skills did Steve have that made him a good runner?
2. How did Steve's college track coach remember Steve as a college freshman?
3. Who helped Steve with his Olympic training after the trials were over?
4. What did Steve say that would cause him to not be able to live with a loss?
5. What did Steve's coach say about Steve as a runner?
6. How did Steve do at the Oregon Twilight meet of 1973?
7. How did Steve feel about the adulation he received from the public?
8. What did Pat Tyson say about living with Steve?
9. What did Steve do to "Jack Frost" when he insisted on running with Steve?
10. What was Steve's average training day like?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)