|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city did Steve buy a trailer to live in while in college?
(b) Coos Bay.
2. What did Lars Kaupang say about Steve's running ability?
(a) He was able to push himself to higher limits.
(b) It was a result of his strong training.
(c) He was very dedicated.
(d) It was a gift.
3. What was the name of the author?
(a) Tom Jordan.
(b) Mike Jordan.
(c) Andre Jordan.
(d) Allen Jordan.
4. Where did Steve go after the Olympic training camp?
(a) Troms, Norway.
(b) Rogaland, Norway.
(c) Oslo, Norway.
(d) Ostfold, Norway.
5. What pace did Steve keep when running?
(a) 8 minute mile.
(b) 9 minute mile.
(c) 7 minute mile.
(d) 6 minute mile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What running season did Steve skip after the Olympics?
2. What did Steve choose as his college major?
3. Who was Steve's college roommate?
4. According to the author what abilities must a world class runner attain and maintain?
5. What did Steve feel before every race?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Steve feel so bonded to the people in Eugene?
2. What did Steve's competitors notice about him at the beginning of the 1973 cross country season?
3. How did Steve feel about the mandatory Olympic training camp?
4. What did Steve's coach say about Steve as a runner?
5. What did Steve say after his record breaking win at the 4 way meet he participated in 1973?
6. What skills did Steve have that made him a good runner?
7. How did Steve feel leading up to the Olympic Trials?
8. What did Steve tell Don after beating him in the Pac-8 in Seattle?
9. How did Steve's college track coach remember Steve as a college freshman?
10. What did Pat Tyson say about living with Steve?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)