|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the veteran runner that Steve beat in the 1972 5000 meter Olympic Trial race?
(a) George Young.
(b) John Young.
(c) Mike Young.
(d) Steve Young.
2. What was the name of Steve's girlfriend in 1972?
(a) Mary Marckx.
(b) Alice Marckx.
(c) Joan Marckx.
(d) Wanda Marckx.
3. What time did Steve run his first mile in while preparing to return to Europe in 1974?
4. How many additional miles would Steve run on Sunday's?
5. How tall was Steve in 8th grade?
(d) 5 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many seconds did Steve's time beat that of the previous record holder?
2. Why did Steve's threat in North Carolina lose the race?
3. What was Steve's final time in the 1972 5000 meter Olympic Trial race?
4. What was the name of Steve's high school?
5. How did Steve feel when he returned from the Olympics?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Steve say that training was grim?
2. How did Steve feel upon his return from the Olympics?
3. How did Steve feel about the adulation he received from the public?
4. Who helped Steve with his Olympic training after the trials were over?
5. Why did Steve feel so bonded to the people in Eugene?
6. What did Steve say that would cause him to not be able to live with a loss?
7. What was the difference to Steve between running on the road and running on track?
8. What did Steve say after his record breaking win at the 4 way meet he participated in 1973?
9. What did Bob Kennedy say about Steve's running style?
10. In 8th grade what was Steve's reaction to watching the high school cross country team?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)