|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name did everyone know Steve by?
(c) The Rube.
2. What place did Steve finish in the July Games in 1974?
3. What was Steve's job title with the company that hired him after college?
(a) Regional Manager.
(b) National Public Relations Manager.
(c) Store Manager.
(d) Local Public Relations Manager.
4. Readers of what magazine voted Steve the most popular track athlete in 1975?
(a) Field and Track News.
(b) Field and Track Digest.
(c) Track and Field Digest.
(d) Track and Field News.
5. What did Europe mean to the American athletes of the 1970's?
(a) It was a great place to be.
(b) It meant having a more devoted crowd at their meets.
(c) It was full of promise.
(d) It was not a good place for athletes.
6. Where did Steve drop one of his passengers off?
(a) University of Oregon.
(b) A liquor store.
(c) Another party.
(d) Their house.
7. What did Steve think was the reason whenever he lost a race?
(a) He was in pain.
(b) He was out of shape.
(c) He ran to slow.
(d) He wasn't well prepared that day.
8. What was the most important race of Steve's 1974 European tour?
(a) World Games in Finland.
(b) World Games in Switzerland.
(c) World Games in Norway.
(d) World Games in Sweden.
9. Where did Steve and his girlfriend go together first after his last race?
(a) Regal Beagle.
(b) Paddock Tavern.
(d) The Underground.
10. Where did the training that Steve participated in spring 1975 occur?
11. How long was Steve planning to stay in Europe in 1974?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 9 weeks.
(c) 8 weeks.
(d) 7 weeks.
12. What year was Steve's first as an open athlete?
13. What time did Steve leave his last party?
(a) 12:30 a.m.
(b) 12:45 a.m.
(c) 12:15 a.m.
(d) 12:00 a.m.
14. Who upset Steve with his race placement predictions in 1975?
(a) Allan Hall.
(b) Mike Hall.
(c) Gerald Hall.
(d) John Hall.
15. What was snow called that had melted and then frozen again?
(a) Pack snow.
(b) Corn snow.
(c) Vick snow.
(d) Heat snow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Steve's college teammates won the Olympic discus gold medal in 1976?
2. What group challenged the rules of Amateurism?
3. What type of training did Steve agree to participate in spring 1975?
4. What led Steve to have problems with the AAU?
5. Where did Steve drop his other passenger off?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)