|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Steve call his fans?
(a) My friends.
(b) My family.
(c) My fans.
(d) My people.
2. Who were Steve's roommates in 1974?
(a) Rick Bence and John Feig.
(b) Steve Bence and Mark Feig.
(c) John Bence and Rick Feig.
(d) Mark Bence and Steve Feig.
3. What type of man was Steve?
(a) Man of action.
(b) Devoted man.
(c) Friendly man.
(d) Lazy man.
4. How old was the person that drove past Steve's accident and didn't stop to help?
5. How many meters was Steve's first European race of 1974?
6. Why did Steve think that Steve Bence was Spanish?
(a) Because he spoke with an accent.
(b) Because he knew Spanish.
(c) Because he had visited Spain.
(d) Because he went to Air Force school in Spain.
7. How were Steve's views about an Olympic medal different in 1974?
(a) He thought the rules for winning one were to strict.
(b) He thought it was not worth the cost.
(c) He wanted a medal not the medal.
(d) He no longer had interest in winning one.
8. Which of Steve's college teammates won the Olympic discus gold medal in 1976?
(a) John Wilkins.
(b) Mike Wilkins.
(c) Mac Wilkins.
(d) Ben Wilkins.
9. What did Steve place in the 1975 CYO meet?
10. What would Steve have had to give up if he had gone professional?
(a) A chance at an Olympic medal.
(b) Living in Oregon.
(c) The ability to make his own schedule.
(d) His independence.
11. Where did Steve's first European race of 1974 take place?
(a) Tampere, Finland.
(b) Alavus, Finland.
(c) Espoo, Finland.
(d) Hanko, Finland.
12. Who was Steve's main competitor in his first European race of 1974?
(a) Pekka Vasala.
(b) Arttu Vasala.
(c) Niko Vasala.
(d) Aleksi Vasala.
13. What traits marked Steve's personality?
(a) Naivete and helpfulness.
(b) Friendliness and helpfulness.
(c) Stubbornness and naivete.
(d) Stubborness and friendliness.
14. Where did Steve and his girlfriend go together first after his last race?
(a) The Underground.
(b) Paddock Tavern.
(c) Regal Beagle.
15. How many hours did Steve sleep each night while in Europe in 1974?
(a) 10 hours.
(b) 9 hours.
(c) 8 hours.
(d) 7 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Steve's favorite bar?
2. What region strongly promoted track meets in the summer of 1974?
3. Who said that in his day runners "never would have taken a victory lap"?
4. What led Steve to have problems with the AAU?
5. Where did Steve drop one of his passengers off?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)