|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Steve have had to give up if he had gone professional?
(a) Living in Oregon.
(b) A chance at an Olympic medal.
(c) His independence.
(d) The ability to make his own schedule.
2. What type of training did Steve agree to participate in spring 1975?
(a) Road training.
(b) Trail training.
(c) High-altitude training.
(d) Desert training.
3. How many meters was Steve's first European race of 1974?
4. What time did Steve leave his last party?
(a) 12:30 a.m.
(b) 12:45 a.m.
(c) 12:15 a.m.
(d) 12:00 a.m.
5. What was Steve's complaint about being out of college?
(a) He had no money.
(b) People thought he had died because he wasn't in meets every weekend.
(c) People were no longer interested in him.
(d) He had no track schedule to keep up with.
6. What led Steve to have problems with the AAU?
(a) His breaking thier rules.
(b) His lying.
(c) His mocking their rules.
(d) His honesty.
7. How many hours of sleep did Steve get each night?
8. What bad nickname was given to Amateurism?
9. What time did Steve finish the most important race of his 1974 European tour in?
10. Who was Steve's girlfriend in 1975?
(a) Nancy Alleman.
(b) Brittany Alleman.
(c) Mindy Alleman.
(d) Elizabeth Alleman.
11. Why did Steve think that Steve Bence was Spanish?
(a) Because he went to Air Force school in Spain.
(b) Because he knew Spanish.
(c) Because he spoke with an accent.
(d) Because he had visited Spain.
12. Where did Steve go in January, 1975 for a series of physical and psychological tests?
(a) Aerobic Research Institute.
(b) Dallas Aerobic Research Institute.
(c) Institute for Aerobics Research in Dallas.
(d) Research Institute of Aerobics.
13. Where did Steve die?
(a) Skyline Blvd. in Eugene, Oregon.
(b) Wadsworth Blvd. in Eugene, Oregon.
(c) Colfax Ave. in Eugene, Oregon.
(d) Sheridan Blvd. Eugene, Oregon.
14. Who hired Steve after college?
(c) New Balance.
15. What group challenged the rules of Amateurism?
(a) Boston Athletic Association.
(b) Univerity of Oregan Track and Field Program.
(c) Univerty of Portland Track and Field Program.
(d) Association of Road Racing Athletes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Steve call his fans?
2. How old was the person that drove past Steve's accident and didn't stop to help?
3. What was Steve's score on the physical and psychological tests?
4. How long was Steve planning to stay in Europe in 1974?
5. Readers of what magazine voted Steve the most popular track athlete in 1975?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)