|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Steve think was the reason whenever he lost a race?
(a) He wasn't well prepared that day.
(b) He ran to slow.
(c) He was out of shape.
(d) He was in pain.
2. What traits marked Steve's personality?
(a) Stubbornness and naivete.
(b) Friendliness and helpfulness.
(c) Stubborness and friendliness.
(d) Naivete and helpfulness.
3. Who said that in his day runners "never would have taken a victory lap"?
(a) Bill Dellinger.
(b) Mike Dellinger.
(c) Ben Dellinger.
(d) John Dellinger.
4. Who was the first person to discover Steve's accident?
(a) John Alvarado.
(b) Bill Alvarado.
(c) Mike Alvarado.
(d) Andre Alvarado.
5. Where was Nike headquarters located?
(a) Beaverton, Oregon.
(b) Eugene, Oregon.
(c) Salem, Oregon.
(d) Haines, Oregon.
6. Who upset Steve with his race placement predictions in 1975?
(a) John Hall.
(b) Gerald Hall.
(c) Allan Hall.
(d) Mike Hall.
7. In what year did the group challenge the rules of Amateurism?
8. What did Steve relate running too?
9. What type of man was Steve?
(a) Friendly man.
(b) Lazy man.
(c) Devoted man.
(d) Man of action.
10. Where did Steve die?
(a) Sheridan Blvd. Eugene, Oregon.
(b) Colfax Ave. in Eugene, Oregon.
(c) Skyline Blvd. in Eugene, Oregon.
(d) Wadsworth Blvd. in Eugene, Oregon.
11. Where did Steve go right after leaving the track after his last race?
(a) He went to Mark Feig's apartment to shower.
(c) To the bar.
(d) To his girlfriends.
12. What did Steve call his fans?
(a) My family.
(b) My friends.
(c) My fans.
(d) My people.
13. What group challenged the rules of Amateurism?
(a) Association of Road Racing Athletes.
(b) Univerity of Oregan Track and Field Program.
(c) Univerty of Portland Track and Field Program.
(d) Boston Athletic Association.
14. What time did Steve finish his last indoor race of the 1975 season in?
15. What was Steve's favorite bar?
(a) Regal Beagle.
(b) The Underground.
(c) Paddock Tavern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad nickname was given to Amateurism?
2. Where did Steve drop his other passenger off?
3. Why did Steve think that Steve Bence was Spanish?
4. What time did Steve finish the most important race of his 1974 European tour in?
5. Who said "That man has something no runner in my time had"?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)