|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What running season did Steve skip after the Olympics?
(a) 1973 Cross Country.
(b) 1972 Cross Country.
(c) 1972 Indoor.
(d) 1972 Outdoor.
2. What did Bill Dellinger say stood out about Steve in track?
(a) He was a very devoted trainer.
(b) He didn't actually like to run.
(c) He liked to help others..
(d) He never missed a workout in four years of college.
3. What was Steve's record setting time in his first 6 mile run of 1973?
4. What was the title of the film based on Steve's life?
(a) The Greatest Runner.
(b) American Running Superstar.
(c) The Rube.
(d) Go Pre.
5. What drew people to become fans of Steve?
(a) His charisma.
(b) His relationship with his fans
(c) His talent.
(d) His honesty.
6. What place did Steve get in the Oregon Invitational while in high school?
7. What was the only serious running injury that Steve ever suffered?
(a) Shin Splints.
(c) Hip Bursitis.
(d) Dislocating Kneecap.
8. Where did Steve meet Scott Daggatt?
(a) NCAA meet in Baton Rouge.
(b) Pac-8 meet in Seattle.
(c) Oregon Twilight meet in Eugene.
(d) High school track meet in Coos Bay.
9. Where did the race that many believed was Steve's best ever take place?
(a) GMU Field.
(b) Hayward Field.
(c) Jones Field.
(d) U of O Field.
10. What did Steve say that training was?
11. What time did Steve finish his best race in?
12. What was Steve's time when he beat the record in Norway?
13. What ruined Steve's plans for his first Olympic race?
(a) A terrorist attack on Israeli athletes.
(b) Bad weather.
(c) Postponement of his race.
(d) A terrorist attack on the Olympic Games.
14. How many running wins did Steve have when the 1971 season started?
15. What record did Steve beat on the second day of training in Norway?
(a) World 5000 meter.
(b) American 5000 meter.
(c) World 3000 meter.
(d) American 3000 meter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Steve say he ran so hard?
2. Who said "I'm going to stay with this guy and I'm gonna try to kick his butt"?
3. What was Steve's job in his fraternity at college?
4. How many miles did Steve run each day in high school?
5. Who beat Steve in the Pac-8 cross country meet at Stanford?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)