|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What place did Steve finish in the 5000 meter Olympic race?
2. What did Steve stay away from when running while training?
(a) Flat surfaces
(c) Unpaved paths.
3. What was Steve's record setting time in his first 6 mile run of 1973?
4. What was Steve's final time in the 1972 5000 meter Olympic Trial race?
5. What type of runner was Steve not?
(a) Race runner.
(b) Trial runner.
(c) Road runner.
(d) Trail runner.
6. What place did Steve get in the Oregon Invitational while in high school?
7. What was the name of Steve's teammate who said "there seemed to be a difference between Steve and other runners"?
(a) John Kaupang.
(b) Fritz Kaupang.
(c) Lars Kaupang.
(d) Mike Kaupang.
8. Which of Steve's rivals said that Steve scared the pants off of him in their first meeting?
(a) Garry Bjorklund.
(b) Mike Bjorklund.
(c) Allen Bjorklund.
(d) John Bjorklund.
9. How many miles would Steve run every day when training?
10. What did Terry Williams say about Steve's training runs?
(a) Steve didn't like to train and tried to get it over with as fast as possible.
(b) Steve was determined.
(c) Steve wanted to keep up a fast pace.
(d) Steve didn't care where he was going.
11. What did Steve say he could have done if he hadn't raced the 1500 the night before in Norway?
(a) Ran faster.
(b) Beat the record with a faster time.
(c) Ran harder.
(d) Beat the world record.
12. Why did Steve have to watch from the sidelines after he beat the record in Norway?
(a) He injured his back.
(b) He injured his foot.
(c) He injured his leg.
(d) He injured his arm.
13. When was Steve Prefontaine born?
(a) January 25, 1951.
(b) March 25, 1951.
(c) April 25, 1951.
(d) February 25, 1951.
14. What did Steve get from the crowds watching him race?
15. How much did Pat pay Steve a month in rent when they lived together?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles of training did Steve do each week in 1973?
2. What was the title of the film based on Steve's life?
3. Who beat Steve in the Pac-8 cross country meet at Stanford?
4. What was the name of Steve's high school?
5. What nickname did Mac Wilkins give Steve in college?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)