|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What schools participated in the four way track meet in April 1973?
(a) University of Oregon, UCLA, Iowa State, and Maine State.
(b) Nebraska, University of Oregon, UCLA, and Iowa State.
(c) University of Oregon, Washington State, Nebraska, and Iowa State.
(d) UCLA, Washington State, Nebraska, and University of Oregon.
2. What pace did Steve keep when running?
(a) 7 minute mile.
(b) 9 minute mile.
(c) 8 minute mile.
(d) 6 minute mile.
3. How many running wins did Steve have when the 1971 season started?
4. How many miles would Steve run every day when training?
5. What was Steve's middle name?
6. What was Steve's time when he beat the record in Norway?
7. Where did Steve live when he got back to the Olympics?
(a) With Bill Dellinger.
(b) With Pat Tyson.
(c) With his parents.
(d) By himself.
8. Which of Steve's rivals said that Steve scared the pants off of him in their first meeting?
(a) Mike Bjorklund.
(b) John Bjorklund.
(c) Allen Bjorklund.
(d) Garry Bjorklund.
9. What was Steve's final time in the 1972 5000 meter Olympic Trial race?
10. Why did Steve keep the running pace he did?
(a) He thought a slower pace wouldn't do him any good.
(b) He was a dedicated trainer.
(c) He wanted to be the fastest.
(d) Because no one else could keep up.
11. Why did Steve have to watch from the sidelines after he beat the record in Norway?
(a) He injured his arm.
(b) He injured his back.
(c) He injured his foot.
(d) He injured his leg.
12. Who was Steve's college roommate?
(a) John Tyson.
(b) Pat Tyson.
(c) Bill Tyson.
(d) Mike Tyson.
13. What was the name of the veteran runner that Steve beat in the 1972 5000 meter Olympic Trial race?
(a) Mike Young.
(b) John Young.
(c) George Young.
(d) Steve Young.
14. What was Steve's college nickname?
(a) The Rube.
15. What place did Steve get in the Oregon Invitational while in high school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Steve's main competitor in his best race?
2. What was the name of Steve's assistant college track coach?
3. Who did Steve want to meet at the LA Times Indoor meet in 1971?
4. What was the name of Steve's teammate who said "there seemed to be a difference between Steve and other runners"?
5. Why did the Olympics require races to be ran as meters instead of miles?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)