|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Steve's rivals said that Steve scared the pants off of him in their first meeting?
(a) John Bjorklund.
(b) Allen Bjorklund.
(c) Mike Bjorklund.
(d) Garry Bjorklund.
2. How many miles would Steve run every day when training?
3. What role did Steve try to play to the other runners on his high school team?
4. What was the name of Steve's dog?
5. What was Steve's record setting time in his first 6 mile run of 1973?
6. Where did Steve go after the Olympic training camp?
(a) Rogaland, Norway.
(b) Ostfold, Norway.
(c) Oslo, Norway.
(d) Troms, Norway.
7. Who did Steve want to meet at the LA Times Indoor meet in 1971?
(a) George Young.
(b) Steve Young.
(c) John Young.
(d) Mike Young.
8. Where was the Olympic training camp set up?
(a) North Carolina.
(c) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
9. What was the name of the veteran runner that Steve beat in the 1972 5000 meter Olympic Trial race?
(a) Steve Young.
(b) John Young.
(c) George Young.
(d) Mike Young.
10. What was the only serious running injury that Steve ever suffered?
(a) Dislocating Kneecap.
(c) Hip Bursitis.
(d) Shin Splints.
11. What year did Steve join the cross country team?
12. What time did Steve finish in the 1972 Bakersfield race?
13. Who was Steve's main threat at the match in North Carolina in 1971?
(a) John Yifter.
(b) Mike Yifter.
(c) Yasin Yifter.
(d) Miruts Yifter.
14. What race in 1972 greatly upset Steve?
(a) San Francisco dual meet.
(b) San Diego dual meet.
(c) Fresno dual meet.
(d) Los Angeles dual meet.
15. What time did Steve get to set an Oregon track record in high school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What pace did Steve keep when running?
2. Who was Steve's main competitor in his best race?
3. What did Steve place at the state level at the end of his first high school running season?
4. What was the name of Steve's high school track coach?
5. What time did Steve finish his best race in?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)