|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Steve's time when he beat the record in Norway?
2. What was Steve teased for in school?
(a) How small he was.
(b) His lack of talent
(d) His attitude.
3. What was Steve's final time in the 1972 5000 meter Olympic Trial race?
4. What time did Steve finish his best race in?
5. Where did Paul Geis transfer to the University of Oregon from?
(a) Amarillo College.
(c) Baylor University.
(d) Texas A&M.
6. What did Terry Williams say about Steve's training runs?
(a) Steve didn't care where he was going.
(b) Steve wanted to keep up a fast pace.
(c) Steve was determined.
(d) Steve didn't like to train and tried to get it over with as fast as possible.
7. What running season did Steve skip after the Olympics?
(a) 1972 Indoor.
(b) 1973 Cross Country.
(c) 1972 Outdoor.
(d) 1972 Cross Country.
8. Which of Steve's rivals said that Steve scared the pants off of him in their first meeting?
(a) Mike Bjorklund.
(b) John Bjorklund.
(c) Garry Bjorklund.
(d) Allen Bjorklund.
9. Who beat Steve in the Pac-8 cross country meet at Stanford?
(a) Pat Lindgren.
(b) Mike Lindgren.
(c) Gerry Lindgren.
(d) Bill Lindgren.
10. What was the title of the film based on Steve's life?
(a) The Rube.
(b) Go Pre.
(c) The Greatest Runner.
(d) American Running Superstar.
11. Where were the AAU Championships held in 1971?
(a) Seattle, Washington.
(b) Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
(c) Eugene, Oregon.
(d) Los Angeles, California.
12. Why did Steve have to watch from the sidelines after he beat the record in Norway?
(a) He injured his leg.
(b) He injured his arm.
(c) He injured his back.
(d) He injured his foot.
13. In what city did Steve buy a trailer to live in while in college?
(a) Coos Bay.
14. What was Steve's job in his fraternity at college?
(b) Breakfast cook.
(d) Track assistant.
15. What did Steve say that training was?
Short Answer Questions
1. What record did Steve beat on the second day of training in Norway?
2. Why did Steve keep the running pace he did?
3. What time did Steve finish in the 1972 Bakersfield race?
4. How many additional miles would Steve run on Sunday's?
5. Where did the 1972 Olympics take place?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)