|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Steve's last undergrad race take place?
(a) Los Angeles, CA.
(b) San Francisco, CA.
(c) Baton Rouge, LA.
(d) New Orleans, LA.
2. What was the name of the veteran runner that Steve beat in the 1972 5000 meter Olympic Trial race?
(a) Mike Young.
(b) Steve Young.
(c) George Young.
(d) John Young.
3. Who traveled with Steve in Europe in the summers after Munich?
(a) George Mann.
(b) John Mann.
(c) Ralph Mann.
(d) Mike Mann.
4. What did Steve do when he returned from his tests in January, 1975?
(a) Begin training for indoor track season.
(b) Begin indoor track season.
(c) Begin outdoor track season.
(d) Begin training for outdoor track season
5. Who said "That man has something no runner in my time had"?
(a) John Dellinger.
(b) Mike Dellinger.
(c) Ben Dellinger.
(d) Bill Dellinger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Steve keep the running pace he did?
2. What time did Steve run his first mile in while preparing to return to Europe in 1974?
3. Why did Steve say he ran so hard?
4. How many miles did Steve run each day in high school?
5. What was the name of Steve's assistant college track coach?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)