|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of person was Steve in college?
2. What was the name of Steve's high school?
3. Where did Steve grow up?
(a) Salem, Oregon.
(b) Coos Bay, Oregon.
(c) Eugene, Oregon.
(d) Beaverton, Oregon.
4. When was Steve Prefontaine born?
(a) April 25, 1951.
(b) March 25, 1951.
(c) February 25, 1951.
(d) January 25, 1951.
5. What did Steve's high school coach not want Steve to do when he graduated from high school?
(a) Be an amateur runner.
(b) Go professional.
(c) Peak out.
(d) Quit racing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the AAU Championships held in 1971?
2. What was the name of Steve's high school track coach?
3. Who was Steve's main threat at the match in North Carolina in 1971?
4. How many running wins did Steve have when the 1971 season started?
5. What time did Steve get to set an Oregon track record in high school?
This section contains 154 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)