|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of runner was Steve not?
(a) Road runner.
(b) Trial runner.
(c) Trail runner.
(d) Race runner.
2. How long did Steve train before going to the July Games in Stockholm in 1974?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 4 weeks.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
3. What did Europe mean to the American athletes of the 1970's?
(a) It was full of promise.
(b) It meant having a more devoted crowd at their meets.
(c) It was a great place to be.
(d) It was not a good place for athletes.
4. According to the author what abilities must a world class runner attain and maintain?
(a) Physical ability, mental tenacity, and plenty of hard work.
(b) Mental tenacity, dedication, and plenty of hard work.
(c) Physical ability, dedication, and mental tenacity.
(d) Dedication, physical ability, and plenty of hard work.
5. What did Lars Kaupang say about Steve's running ability?
(a) It was a result of his strong training.
(b) It was a gift.
(c) He was very dedicated.
(d) He was able to push himself to higher limits.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time did Steve wake up every morning?
2. Where did the race that many believed was Steve's best ever take place?
3. Who was Steve's main competitor in his best race?
4. Where did Steve's first European race of 1974 take place?
5. Where did Mark Feig say that he got to know Steve best?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)