|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who traveled with Steve in Europe in the summers after Munich?
(a) George Mann.
(b) Ralph Mann.
(c) John Mann.
(d) Mike Mann.
2. What runner had the tools to beat Steve in his best race?
(a) Alex Fredericks.
(b) Mike Fredericks.
(c) John Fredericks.
(d) Greg Fredericks.
3. What time did Steve finish in the 1972 Bakersfield race?
4. According to the author what abilities must a world class runner attain and maintain?
(a) Dedication, physical ability, and plenty of hard work.
(b) Physical ability, mental tenacity, and plenty of hard work.
(c) Mental tenacity, dedication, and plenty of hard work.
(d) Physical ability, dedication, and mental tenacity.
5. What was the title of the film based on Steve's life?
(a) The Rube.
(b) American Running Superstar.
(c) Go Pre.
(d) The Greatest Runner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did some view Steve's confidence in college?
2. What did Bill Dellinger say stood out about Steve in track?
3. What activity did Steve enjoy in the summer?
4. Who was Steve's main competitor in his best race?
5. What time did Steve finish the most important race of his 1974 European tour in?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)