|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Owen say should not be left alone with Tabitha's dressmaking dummy?
(a) Dan Needham.
(b) Aunt Martha.
2. Who does Owen attempt to convince to keep his role in Dan Needham's play?
(a) Mr. Fish.
(b) Mr. Morrison.
(c) Mr. Brinker-Smith.
(d) Mr. Meany.
3. What is Johnny's address?
(a) 80 Front Street.
(b) 80 Top Street.
(c) 80 Side Street.
(d) 80 Back Street.
4. How do the Meanys respond to the news of Owen's Christmas responsibilities?
(a) They are furious.
(b) They are saddened.
(c) They are impressed.
(d) They are apathetic.
5. How does Owen respond to the news that his parents are aware of his Christmas responsibilities?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is furious.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sport is Owen passionate about?
2. What role has Owen played every year in the Christmas pageant and swears that he will never play again?
3. Who is the narrator of the novel?
4. What must Owen endure from his fellow classmates?
5. When Ms. Wheelwright makes the announcement that she has good news, what does her family assume?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Meany confess to Johnny in Owen's bedroom, and how does Johnny respond?
2. What is the response from Johnny's family after Tabitha's funeral?
3. What changes does Owen make to the Christmas pageant once he becomes the director?
4. What goes wrong during the Christmas pageant?
5. What happens when Johnny goes to meet Owen at the monument shop?
6. How does the Meany family make a living?
7. What does Johnny think he sees when he is peering out at the audience from backstage during the Christmas pageant?
8. What is the reaction to Mrs. Wheelwright's new television?
9. How does Owen apologize to Johnny?
10. Who is Katherine Keeling?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)