|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As an adult, what does Johnny think will hold human's responsible for their actions?
(d) An individual's conscience.
2. How are Johnny's cousins described?
(a) As rambunctious.
(b) As boring.
(c) As prissy.
(d) As shy.
3. How does Owen respond to the news that his parents are aware of his Christmas responsibilities?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is furious.
(d) He is upset.
4. Which boy always ends up having to kiss "Hester the Molester"?
5. Fill in the blank: Owen says that "_____ makes people crazy."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Johnny wish he knew the truth about?
2. Why is it impossible for any pitcher to strike Owen out playing baseball?
3. What is Johnny's mother's name?
4. What do the boys witness the Brinker-Smith's doing while they are hiding?
5. In what has Dan Needham wrapped Johnny's present?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Owen described physically?
2. What changes does Owen make to the Christmas pageant once he becomes the director?
3. What happens to Harry Hoyt's mother?
4. Why does Owen react so strongly to Johnny's opinion of his mother's death?
5. Explain the situation that Johnny will later describe as his sexual awakening.
6. What is significant about Johnny Wheelwright's family?
7. How does Johnny react to Owen's baseball card apology?
8. Who is Dan Needham, and what does he look like?
9. What does Johnny see when he travels to Tabitha's grave for the first time?
10. What happens when Johnny and Owen are investigating empty dorm rooms at Gravesend over the Christmas holiday?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)