|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which boy always ends up having to kiss "Hester the Molester"?
2. Which sport is Owen passionate about?
3. Who does Owen say should not be left alone with Tabitha's dressmaking dummy?
(a) Aunt Martha.
(d) Dan Needham.
4. Who does Owen inadvertently murder?
(a) Tabitha Wheelwright.
(c) The Sunday school teacher.
(d) His parents.
5. When the Brinker-Smiths enter the room that Owen and Johnny are investigating, where does Owen hide?
(a) Behind the door.
(b) In the closet.
(c) Behind the drapes.
(d) Under the bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the congregational pastor?
2. Which play is Dan Needham directing?
3. Johnny's mother encourages Owen to switch what?
4. Who is Mr. Brinker-Smith?
5. What/who does Owen say is in Tabitha's room with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Owen's view of Tabitha's dressmaking dummy?
2. Why does Owen react so strongly to Johnny's opinion of his mother's death?
3. What was the conflict that Dan and Tabitha encountered when they were planning their wedding ceremony?
4. What happens with Owen's collegiate schooling after he is kicked out of Gravesend Academy?
5. How does Owen apologize to Johnny?
6. What goes wrong during the Christmas pageant?
7. How does Owen react to the nuns at the academy?
8. What does Johnny see when he travels to Tabitha's grave for the first time?
9. Briefly explain this quote: "God has taken your mother. My hands were the instrument. God has taken my hands. I am God's instrument."
10. What chilling event happens after Owen believes he has seen his own death?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)