|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character was referred to as "the little doll"?
(a) Owen Meany.
(b) Johnny Wheelwright.
(c) Ms. Wheelwright.
(d) Dan Needham.
2. Who does Owen inadvertently murder?
(a) His parents.
(b) Tabitha Wheelwright.
(d) The Sunday school teacher.
3. Where did Ms. Wheelwright meet her new boyfriend?
(a) In the doctor's office.
(b) On an airplane.
(c) On the train.
(d) On the Internet.
4. Who is Dan Needham?
(a) Ms. Wheelwright's boyfriend.
(b) Ms. Wheelwright's boss.
(c) Johnny's neighbor.
(d) Johnny's father.
5. Which play is Dan Needham directing?
(a) Peter Pan.
(b) The Christmas Pageant.
(c) A Christmas Carol.
(d) The Sound of Music.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the funeral, who walks with Johnny to his mother's grave?
2. Which President wrote the "State of the Union Message" that Johnny reads as an adult?
3. Which sport is Owen passionate about?
4. Who does the person praying at the grave believe is speaking to them?
5. What/who does Owen say is in Tabitha's room with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the audience see Johnny Wheelwright reading, as an adult, in Canada, and how does Johnny react?
2. What significant events happen when Randall White is elected headmaster?
3. What happens when Johnny and Owen are investigating empty dorm rooms at Gravesend over the Christmas holiday?
4. What is significant about Johnny Wheelwright's family?
5. Explain the situation that Johnny will later describe as his sexual awakening.
6. What happens to the boys' grades once they get to the University?
7. How does Owen react to the nuns at the academy?
8. Why does Johnny believe that Owen's voice never changed?
9. What does Owen hope to do upon graduation from the University, and why?
10. What does Owen gift to Tabitha and Dan as a wedding gift?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)