|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the house of the mother whose son is killed in the Vietnam war?
(a) It is vandalized.
(b) It is cared for by neighbors.
(c) It becomes dilapitated.
(d) It becomes a magnificent garden.
2. When the Brinker-Smiths enter the room that Owen and Johnny are investigating, where does Owen hide?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) In the closet.
(c) Behind the door.
(d) Behind the drapes.
3. Which character is killed in the Vietnam war?
(a) Dan Needham.
(b) Owen Meany.
(c) Pastor Merrill.
(d) Harry Hoyt.
4. What does Rev. Merrill say is the essence of true faith?
5. In which city did Johnny's mother meet his father?
(a) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Ginger in relation to Mr. Brinker-Smith?
2. What part of Johnny's stuffed animal did Owen remove?
3. Which sport is Owen passionate about?
4. Fill in the blank: In the first paragraph of the novel, Johnny says, "I am a ____ because of Owen Meany."
5. Who does Owen believe could be the "certain prescence" in Dan Needham's play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Johnny's cousins.
2. Why does Owen's family switch to the Episcopalian church?
3. What does the audience see Johnny Wheelwright reading, as an adult, in Canada, and how does Johnny react?
4. What happens when Owen meets Johnny's cousins?
5. How do the Meanys find out about Owen's Christmas responsibilities, and what is their response?
6. What does Johnny see when he travels to Tabitha's grave for the first time?
7. How does Johnny Wheelwright's mother die?
8. Explain the situation that Johnny will later describe as his sexual awakening.
9. Why does Owen react so strongly to Johnny's opinion of his mother's death?
10. How do the other Sunday school students treat Owen?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)