|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Meanys respond to the news of Owen's Christmas responsibilities?
(a) They are impressed.
(b) They are saddened.
(c) They are furious.
(d) They are apathetic.
2. Who does Owen say should not be left alone with Tabitha's dressmaking dummy?
(c) Aunt Martha.
(d) Dan Needham.
3. Who is Ginger in relation to Mr. Brinker-Smith?
(a) His sister.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His secretary.
(d) His wife.
4. How are Johnny's cousins described?
(a) As prissy.
(b) As boring.
(c) As rambunctious.
(d) As shy.
5. Who takes the dressmaking dummy from Tabitha's bedroom?
(b) Dan Needham.
(c) Aunt Martha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Johnny's mother's name?
2. What role does Owen cast himself as in the Christmas pageant?
3. What must Owen endure from his fellow classmates?
4. How does Owen respond to the news that his parents are aware of his Christmas responsibilities?
5. What is the name of the town in which this novel takes place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Meany family make a living?
2. What does Owen think he sees when he enters Tabitha's bedroom?
3. Explain the situation that Johnny will later describe as his sexual awakening.
4. What changes does Owen make to the Christmas pageant once he becomes the director?
5. What does the audience see Johnny Wheelwright reading, as an adult, in Canada, and how does Johnny react?
6. How do the Meanys find out about Owen's Christmas responsibilities, and what is their response?
7. How does Johnny Wheelwright's mother die?
8. What happens when Johnny and Owen are investigating empty dorm rooms at Gravesend over the Christmas holiday?
9. What was the conflict that Dan and Tabitha encountered when they were planning their wedding ceremony?
10. What is the response from Johnny's family after Tabitha's funeral?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)