|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ginger in relation to Mr. Brinker-Smith?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His sister.
(c) His secretary.
(d) His wife.
2. Who is the congregational pastor?
(a) Rev. Lewis Merrill.
(b) Dan Needham.
(c) There is no congregational pastor.
(d) Rev. Dudley Wiggins.
3. What happens when Owen and Hester are wrestling?
(a) Owen wets his pants.
(b) The two children kiss.
(c) Hester breaks Owen's arm.
(d) Owen bites Hester's leg.
4. Who is Lydia?
(a) Johnny's cousin.
(b) The Wheelwright's housekeeper.
(c) Johnny's neighbor.
(d) The Meany's housekeeper.
5. Who does Owen say should not be left alone with Tabitha's dressmaking dummy?
(a) Aunt Martha.
(d) Dan Needham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mother, whose son is killed in the Vietnam war, say about those who protest the war?
2. What role does Owen cast himself as in the Christmas pageant?
3. What does Johnny point to in Tabitha's room that Owen may have mistaken for something else?
4. How do the adolescent boys of Gravesend view Ginger?
5. Who is Mr. Brinker-Smith?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Owen and Mr. Morrison have a conversation?
2. What does Owen mean when he tells Dan Needham that his play is lacking a "certain presence"?
3. What is significant about Johnny Wheelwright's family?
4. How does Johnny react to Owen's baseball card apology?
5. Who is Dan Needham, and what does he look like?
6. Why does Owen react so strongly to Johnny's opinion of his mother's death?
7. Explain the situation that Johnny will later describe as his sexual awakening.
8. What does the audience see Johnny Wheelwright reading, as an adult, in Canada, and how does Johnny react?
9. Describe Johnny's cousins.
10. What does Owen gift to Tabitha and Dan as a wedding gift?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)