|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rev. Merrill say is the essence of true faith?
2. Who is the rector of the Episcopal church?
(a) There is no rector for the Episcopal church.
(b) Dan Needham.
(c) Rev. Dudley Wiggins.
(d) Rev. Lewis Merrill.
3. How does Johnny swear he will die?
(a) As a Baptist.
(b) As an Anglican.
(c) As an Agnostic.
(d) As a Catholic.
4. What do Johnny's cousins do with the hopes of drawing blood?
(a) Toss knives.
(b) Wrestle each other.
(c) Tease the dog.
(d) Climb trees.
5. How does Johnny respond to Owen's request to meet his cousins?
(a) He is worried that his cousins will like Owen better.
(b) He is embarrassed of Owen.
(c) He is angry that Owen wants more friends.
(d) He is excited to have all his friends together.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Owen referred to in the text?
2. Who does Johnny find praying at his mother's grave?
3. Where does Dan Needham live?
4. What is Johnny's mother's name?
5. Who does Owen attempt to convince to keep his role in Dan Needham's play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Harry Hoyt's mother?
2. How does Owen apologize to Johnny?
3. How do the other Sunday school students treat Owen?
4. What was the conflict that Dan and Tabitha encountered when they were planning their wedding ceremony?
5. What is Owen's view of Tabitha's dressmaking dummy?
6. What is significant about Johnny Wheelwright's family?
7. Explain the situation that Johnny will later describe as his sexual awakening.
8. What happens when Johnny and Owen are investigating empty dorm rooms at Gravesend over the Christmas holiday?
9. Why does Owen react so strongly to Johnny's opinion of his mother's death?
10. What does the audience see Johnny Wheelwright reading, as an adult, in Canada, and how does Johnny react?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)