|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 3, why does Owen enter Tabitha's bedroom?
(a) Because he has a bad dream.
(b) Because he is looking for Johnny.
(c) Because he is searching for a blanket.
(d) Because he is feeling sick.
2. What part of Johnny's stuffed animal did Owen remove?
(a) Its claws.
(b) Its legs.
(c) Its nose.
(d) Its eyes.
3. Why is it impossible for any pitcher to strike Owen out playing baseball?
(a) Owen Meany's strike zone is miniscule.
(b) Owen Meany crowds the plate.
(c) Owen Meany can hit any pitch.
(d) There are no players who can actually pitch the ball.
4. As an adult, what does Johnny think will hold human's responsible for their actions?
(b) An individual's conscience.
5. Fill in the blank: Down by the riverside, Owen shouts, "He can hide from you, but he can't hide from _____ ."
(b) The light..
(d) The truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What/who does Owen say is in Tabitha's room with her?
2. Whose ancestor founded the town in which the novel takes place?
3. How is Owen referred to in the text?
4. After the funeral, who walks with Johnny to his mother's grave?
5. How many pastors were present at the wedding of Dan and Tabitha?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Owen and Mr. Morrison have a conversation?
2. Who is Dan Needham, and what does he look like?
3. What does Owen mean when he tells Dan Needham that his play is lacking a "certain presence"?
4. Briefly explain this quote: "God has taken your mother. My hands were the instrument. God has taken my hands. I am God's instrument."
5. What happens when Johnny and Owen are investigating empty dorm rooms at Gravesend over the Christmas holiday?
6. What changes does Owen make to the Christmas pageant once he becomes the director?
7. What was the conflict that Dan and Tabitha encountered when they were planning their wedding ceremony?
8. What happens when Owen meets Johnny's cousins?
9. What is Owen's view of Tabitha's dressmaking dummy?
10. What does Johnny see when he travels to Tabitha's grave for the first time?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)