|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ms. Wheelwright meet her new boyfriend?
(a) In the doctor's office.
(b) On the Internet.
(c) On the train.
(d) On an airplane.
2. How old was Johnny when his mother died?
3. How does Johnny respond to Owen's request to meet his cousins?
(a) He is excited to have all his friends together.
(b) He is embarrassed of Owen.
(c) He is worried that his cousins will like Owen better.
(d) He is angry that Owen wants more friends.
4. How do the adolescent boys of Gravesend view Ginger?
(a) As a fantasy.
(b) As one of the boys.
(c) As a role-model.
(d) As a figure of authority.
5. Which boy always ends up having to kiss "Hester the Molester"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What role has Owen played every year in the Christmas pageant and swears that he will never play again?
2. What product does the Meany family produce with the return from the quarry?
3. When Ms. Wheelwright makes the announcement that she has good news, what does her family assume?
4. Who does Owen inadvertently murder?
5. What type of quarry does the Meany family own?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Owen's view of Tabitha's dressmaking dummy?
2. Describe Johnny's cousins.
3. How does the Meany family make a living?
4. Why does Owen react so strongly to Johnny's opinion of his mother's death?
5. How does Owen typically play baseball?
6. What happens when Owen meets Johnny's cousins?
7. What does Owen gift to Tabitha and Dan as a wedding gift?
8. What changes does Owen make to the Christmas pageant once he becomes the director?
9. How does Johnny react to Owen's baseball card apology?
10. What was the conflict that Dan and Tabitha encountered when they were planning their wedding ceremony?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)