|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is killed in the Vietnam war?
(a) Pastor Merrill.
(b) Owen Meany.
(c) Dan Needham.
(d) Harry Hoyt.
2. Which character was referred to as "the little doll"?
(a) Johnny Wheelwright.
(b) Dan Needham.
(c) Ms. Wheelwright.
(d) Owen Meany.
3. Who takes the dressmaking dummy from Tabitha's bedroom?
(a) Aunt Martha.
(b) Dan Needham.
4. Which sport is Owen passionate about?
5. What does Rev. Merrill say is the essence of true faith?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Johnny's cousins described?
2. What does Dan think is the ultimate message that Owen was trying to send with the stuffed animal?
3. What does Owen claim God has taken from him to make him God's instrument?
4. How does Johnny swear he will die?
5. Which play is Dan Needham directing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Owen's view of Tabitha's dressmaking dummy?
2. Explain the situation that Johnny will later describe as his sexual awakening.
3. Why does Owen react so strongly to Johnny's opinion of his mother's death?
4. How does Johnny react to Owen's baseball card apology?
5. What happens when Johnny and Owen are investigating empty dorm rooms at Gravesend over the Christmas holiday?
6. Why do Owen and Mr. Morrison have a conversation?
7. How do the Meanys find out about Owen's Christmas responsibilities, and what is their response?
8. What does the audience see Johnny Wheelwright reading, as an adult, in Canada, and how does Johnny react?
9. Briefly explain this quote: "God has taken your mother. My hands were the instrument. God has taken my hands. I am God's instrument."
10. How does the Meany family make a living?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)