|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the congregational pastor?
(a) There is no congregational pastor.
(b) Dan Needham.
(c) Rev. Dudley Wiggins.
(d) Rev. Lewis Merrill.
2. Who does Johnny find praying at his mother's grave?
(a) Dan Needham.
(b) Aunt Martha.
3. When the Brinker-Smiths enter the room that Owen and Johnny are investigating, where does Owen hide?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) Behind the door.
(c) Behind the drapes.
(d) In the closet.
4. Why is it impossible for any pitcher to strike Owen out playing baseball?
(a) Owen Meany's strike zone is miniscule.
(b) There are no players who can actually pitch the ball.
(c) Owen Meany can hit any pitch.
(d) Owen Meany crowds the plate.
5. Whose ancestor founded the town in which the novel takes place?
(c) Dan Needham's.
(d) Harry Hoyt's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Dan Needham described?
2. Who is Lydia?
3. What does Rev. Merrill say is the essence of true faith?
4. What must Owen endure from his fellow classmates?
5. Fill in the blank: Owen says that "_____ makes people crazy."
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Owen typically play baseball?
2. What does Owen mean when he tells Dan Needham that his play is lacking a "certain presence"?
3. How does Johnny Wheelwright's mother die?
4. How do the Meanys find out about Owen's Christmas responsibilities, and what is their response?
5. What chilling event happens after Owen believes he has seen his own death?
6. What does Johnny think he sees when he is peering out at the audience from backstage during the Christmas pageant?
7. What did Tabitha tell the boys about her red dress?
8. How do the other Sunday school students treat Owen?
9. What happens when Owen meets Johnny's cousins?
10. What does Owen look like when he is 16?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)