|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it impossible for any pitcher to strike Owen out playing baseball?
(a) There are no players who can actually pitch the ball.
(b) Owen Meany can hit any pitch.
(c) Owen Meany crowds the plate.
(d) Owen Meany's strike zone is miniscule.
2. What is heard in the background of Ms. Wheelwright's funeral?
(a) A choir singing.
(b) A baseball game.
(c) A train whistling in the distance.
(d) A massive car wreck.
3. Who is Lydia?
(a) The Wheelwright's housekeeper.
(b) Johnny's neighbor.
(c) Johnny's cousin.
(d) The Meany's housekeeper.
4. What does Owen think that the turtledoves in the Christmas pageant look like?
5. What does Dan think is the ultimate message that Owen was trying to send with the stuffed animal?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Owen attempt to convince to keep his role in Dan Needham's play?
2. Fill in the blank: "If he's got so much ________, he's in the wrong business."
3. How is Dan Needham described?
4. How many pastors were present at the wedding of Dan and Tabitha?
5. For which holiday does Owen hope to meet Johnny's cousins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the response from Johnny's family after Tabitha's funeral?
2. Who is Dan Needham, and what does he look like?
3. What does the audience see Johnny Wheelwright reading, as an adult, in Canada, and how does Johnny react?
4. Who are the Brinker-Smiths?
5. What is Owen's view of Tabitha's dressmaking dummy?
6. What does Johnny see when he travels to Tabitha's grave for the first time?
7. Explain the situation that Johnny will later describe as his sexual awakening.
8. How does Johnny Wheelwright's mother die?
9. What does Owen mean when he tells Dan Needham that his play is lacking a "certain presence"?
10. What happens when Owen meets Johnny's cousins?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)