|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What product does the Meany family produce with the return from the quarry?
(a) Stained glass windows.
2. What does Johnny point to in Tabitha's room that Owen may have mistaken for something else?
(a) A giant fabric doll.
(b) A storefront mannequin.
(c) A dressmaker's dummy.
(d) A ventriloquist dummy.
3. What does Rev. Merrill say is the essence of true faith?
4. Who does Owen inadvertently murder?
(a) Tabitha Wheelwright.
(c) His parents.
(d) The Sunday school teacher.
5. Which play is Dan Needham directing?
(a) Peter Pan.
(b) The Christmas Pageant.
(c) The Sound of Music.
(d) A Christmas Carol.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character was referred to as "the little doll"?
2. What happens when Owen and Hester are wrestling?
3. What must Owen endure from his fellow classmates?
4. When the Brinker-Smiths enter the room that Owen and Johnny are investigating, where does Johnny hide?
5. What is Owen's defining physical characteristic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes does Owen make to the Christmas pageant once he becomes the director?
2. What does Johnny see when he travels to Tabitha's grave for the first time?
3. Who is Dan Needham, and what does he look like?
4. What does Owen predict when he and Johnny are down by the Squamscott River?
5. What is significant about Johnny Wheelwright's family?
6. Describe Johnny's cousins.
7. Why does Owen react so strongly to Johnny's opinion of his mother's death?
8. What is the response from Johnny's family after Tabitha's funeral?
9. What is Owen's view of Tabitha's dressmaking dummy?
10. How does Johnny Wheelwright's mother die?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)