|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As an adult, what does Johnny think will hold human's responsible for their actions?
(d) An individual's conscience.
2. What do the boys witness the Brinker-Smith's doing while they are hiding?
(d) Making love.
3. In Sunday school, who does Owen claim to be escaping?
(a) The Mafia.
(b) The Demons.
(c) The Agnostics.
(d) The Catholics.
4. How does Johnny swear he will die?
(a) As an Anglican.
(b) As a Catholic.
(c) As a Baptist.
(d) As an Agnostic.
5. Which character is killed in the Vietnam war?
(a) Pastor Merrill.
(b) Dan Needham.
(c) Owen Meany.
(d) Harry Hoyt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Owen's defining physical characteristic?
2. Who is Dan Needham?
3. Who does Johnny find praying at his mother's grave?
4. Who is Ginger in relation to Mr. Brinker-Smith?
5. How do the Meanys respond to the news of Owen's Christmas responsibilities?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Johnny Wheelwright's mother die?
2. How do the Meanys find out about Owen's Christmas responsibilities, and what is their response?
3. What happens to Harry Hoyt's mother?
4. How do the other Sunday school students treat Owen?
5. What does the audience see Johnny Wheelwright reading, as an adult, in Canada, and how does Johnny react?
6. What was the conflict that Dan and Tabitha encountered when they were planning their wedding ceremony?
7. What happens when Johnny and Owen are investigating empty dorm rooms at Gravesend over the Christmas holiday?
8. Who are the Brinker-Smiths?
9. How is Owen described physically?
10. What is Owen's view of Tabitha's dressmaking dummy?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)