|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lydia?
(a) Johnny's cousin.
(b) The Wheelwright's housekeeper.
(c) Johnny's neighbor.
(d) The Meany's housekeeper.
2. Whose religious doubts does Johnny appreciate?
(a) Rev. Dudley Wiggins.
(c) Rev. Lewis Merrill.
(d) Dan Needham.
3. How does Owen respond when Johnny calls his mother's death an accident?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is gracious.
(c) He is embarrassed.
(d) He is furious.
4. Which boy always ends up having to kiss "Hester the Molester"?
5. Fill in the blank: Owen says that "_____ makes people crazy."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lets Owen's Christmas responsibilities slip to his parents?
2. What is heard in the background of Ms. Wheelwright's funeral?
3. Fill in the blank: In the first paragraph of the novel, Johnny says, "I am a ____ because of Owen Meany."
4. What happened to Owen after the murder?
5. How is Owen referred to in the text?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Johnny see when he travels to Tabitha's grave for the first time?
2. What is the response from Johnny's family after Tabitha's funeral?
3. How do the other Sunday school students treat Owen?
4. Briefly explain this quote: "God has taken your mother. My hands were the instrument. God has taken my hands. I am God's instrument."
5. How do the Meanys find out about Owen's Christmas responsibilities, and what is their response?
6. Why does Owen react so strongly to Johnny's opinion of his mother's death?
7. How does the Meany family make a living?
8. Why do Owen and Mr. Morrison have a conversation?
9. Who are the Brinker-Smiths?
10. What is significant about Johnny Wheelwright's family?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)