|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Owen think that the turtledoves in the Christmas pageant look like?
2. In which city did Johnny's mother meet his father?
(c) San Francisco.
3. Who is the rector of the Episcopal church?
(a) Rev. Lewis Merrill.
(b) Dan Needham.
(c) Rev. Dudley Wiggins.
(d) There is no rector for the Episcopal church.
4. When Ms. Wheelwright makes the announcement that she has good news, what does her family assume?
(a) That she is engaged.
(b) That she has a new job.
(c) That she has won the lottery.
(d) That she is pregnant.
5. Fill in the blank: Down by the riverside, Owen shouts, "He can hide from you, but he can't hide from _____ ."
(a) The light..
(d) The truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Johnny's cousins do with the hopes of drawing blood?
2. What is Owen's murder weapon?
3. In Sunday school, who does Owen claim to be escaping?
4. What role does Owen cast himself as in the Christmas pageant?
5. What is heard in the background of Ms. Wheelwright's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Owen react so strongly to Johnny's opinion of his mother's death?
2. What happens to Harry Hoyt's mother?
3. What does Johnny see when he travels to Tabitha's grave for the first time?
4. What was the conflict that Dan and Tabitha encountered when they were planning their wedding ceremony?
5. How does Johnny react to Owen's baseball card apology?
6. What is significant about Johnny Wheelwright's family?
7. How is Owen described physically?
8. Why does Owen's family switch to the Episcopalian church?
9. What does Owen mean when he tells Dan Needham that his play is lacking a "certain presence"?
10. How do the other Sunday school students treat Owen?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)