|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Owen referred to in the text?
(a) As a bully.
(b) As a villain.
(c) As a martyr.
(d) As a hero.
2. Which sport is Owen passionate about?
3. What role does Owen cast himself as in the Christmas pageant?
(a) The Christ Child.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) A wiseman.
4. How does Johnny respond to Owen's request to meet his cousins?
(a) He is angry that Owen wants more friends.
(b) He is embarrassed of Owen.
(c) He is worried that his cousins will like Owen better.
(d) He is excited to have all his friends together.
5. Who is Lydia?
(a) Johnny's neighbor.
(b) The Meany's housekeeper.
(c) Johnny's cousin.
(d) The Wheelwright's housekeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Johnny's address?
2. What does Owen claim God has taken from him to make him God's instrument?
3. What do Johnny's cousins do with the hopes of drawing blood?
4. After the funeral, who walks with Johnny to his mother's grave?
5. Who is Dan Needham?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Owen react so strongly to Johnny's opinion of his mother's death?
2. What does Johnny see when he travels to Tabitha's grave for the first time?
3. Who are the Brinker-Smiths?
4. What does Owen mean when he tells Dan Needham that his play is lacking a "certain presence"?
5. How does Owen apologize to Johnny?
6. What happens when Johnny and Owen are investigating empty dorm rooms at Gravesend over the Christmas holiday?
7. Describe Johnny's cousins.
8. Explain the situation that Johnny will later describe as his sexual awakening.
9. How do the other Sunday school students treat Owen?
10. What is Owen's view of Tabitha's dressmaking dummy?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)