|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Tabitha and Dan wait before they were married?
(a) Four years.
(b) Four months.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Four days.
2. Who is Lydia?
(a) The Meany's housekeeper.
(b) The Wheelwright's housekeeper.
(c) Johnny's cousin.
(d) Johnny's neighbor.
3. How does Owen respond when Johnny calls his mother's death an accident?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is embarrassed.
(c) He is furious.
(d) He is gracious.
4. Who is the rector of the Episcopal church?
(a) Rev. Dudley Wiggins.
(b) Rev. Lewis Merrill.
(c) There is no rector for the Episcopal church.
(d) Dan Needham.
5. How many pastors were present at the wedding of Dan and Tabitha?
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the blank: In the first paragraph of the novel, Johnny says, "I am a ____ because of Owen Meany."
2. What is Johnny's mother's name?
3. Between which two characters' homes does Johnny decide to divide his time?
4. In chapter 3, why does Owen enter Tabitha's bedroom?
5. How do the adolescent boys of Gravesend view Ginger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Owen's view of Tabitha's dressmaking dummy?
2. What does Mr. Meany take Johnny to see in the monument shop?
3. Briefly explain this quote: "God has taken your mother. My hands were the instrument. God has taken my hands. I am God's instrument."
4. How does the Meany family make a living?
5. What has Owen done to prepare the amputation blade?
6. What does Owen think he sees when he enters Tabitha's bedroom?
7. Describe Johnny's cousins.
8. What does Owen hope to do upon graduation from the University, and why?
9. What was the conflict that Dan and Tabitha encountered when they were planning their wedding ceremony?
10. How do the boys start their trip to Boston?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)