|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Dan Needham?
(a) Ms. Wheelwright's boss.
(b) Johnny's father.
(c) Ms. Wheelwright's boyfriend.
(d) Johnny's neighbor.
2. What does the mother, whose son is killed in the Vietnam war, say about those who protest the war?
(a) That they ARE un-patriotic.
(b) That they should be sent to the war.
(c) That they are NOT un-patriotic.
(d) That they should be prayed for.
3. What is the name of the town in which this novel takes place?
(d) Tomb Hollow.
4. Who is the congregational pastor?
(a) Dan Needham.
(b) Rev. Lewis Merrill.
(c) There is no congregational pastor.
(d) Rev. Dudley Wiggins.
5. How do the Meanys respond to the news of Owen's Christmas responsibilities?
(a) They are impressed.
(b) They are furious.
(c) They are saddened.
(d) They are apathetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what has Dan Needham wrapped Johnny's present?
2. What is Johnny's address?
3. What do Johnny's cousins do with the hopes of drawing blood?
4. What product does the Meany family produce with the return from the quarry?
5. How does Johnny respond to Owen's request to meet his cousins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Dan Needham, and what does he look like?
2. What happens when Owen meets Johnny's cousins?
3. How does Johnny react to Owen's baseball card apology?
4. What does the audience see Johnny Wheelwright reading, as an adult, in Canada, and how does Johnny react?
5. How does Owen apologize to Johnny?
6. Describe Johnny's cousins.
7. What does Owen gift to Tabitha and Dan as a wedding gift?
8. How does Owen typically play baseball?
9. What is significant about Johnny Wheelwright's family?
10. How is Owen described physically?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)