|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Owen typically respond when Johnny comes home from visiting his cousins?
(a) He is moody for a few days.
(b) He is excited to have Johnny back home.
(c) He hasn't realized that Johnny was gone.
(d) He is happy that Johnny is spending time with his family.
2. Who does Johnny find praying at his mother's grave?
(b) Aunt Martha.
(c) Dan Needham.
3. How are Johnny's cousins described?
(a) As prissy.
(b) As shy.
(c) As rambunctious.
(d) As boring.
4. Who does Owen inadvertently murder?
(b) The Sunday school teacher.
(c) Tabitha Wheelwright.
(d) His parents.
5. What happens to the house of the mother whose son is killed in the Vietnam war?
(a) It is vandalized.
(b) It is cared for by neighbors.
(c) It becomes dilapitated.
(d) It becomes a magnificent garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Owen believe could be the "certain prescence" in Dan Needham's play?
2. Which character is killed in the Vietnam war?
3. Who is the narrator of the novel?
4. How is Dan Needham described?
5. What does Johnny point to in Tabitha's room that Owen may have mistaken for something else?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Meany family make a living?
2. Describe Johnny's cousins.
3. What is the response from Johnny's family after Tabitha's funeral?
4. How is Owen described physically?
5. How does Johnny Wheelwright's mother die?
6. What changes does Owen make to the Christmas pageant once he becomes the director?
7. What happens to Harry Hoyt's mother?
8. Briefly explain this quote: "God has taken your mother. My hands were the instrument. God has taken my hands. I am God's instrument."
9. What does the audience see Johnny Wheelwright reading, as an adult, in Canada, and how does Johnny react?
10. What does Owen gift to Tabitha and Dan as a wedding gift?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)