|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which boy always ends up having to kiss "Hester the Molester"?
2. Who does Johnny find praying at his mother's grave?
(c) Aunt Martha.
(d) Dan Needham.
3. How does Johnny respond to Owen's request to meet his cousins?
(a) He is embarrassed of Owen.
(b) He is angry that Owen wants more friends.
(c) He is excited to have all his friends together.
(d) He is worried that his cousins will like Owen better.
4. How is Johnny's mother described?
(a) As intelligent.
(b) As beautiful.
(c) As bossy.
(d) As overweight.
5. What happens to the house of the mother whose son is killed in the Vietnam war?
(a) It becomes a magnificent garden.
(b) It is vandalized.
(c) It is cared for by neighbors.
(d) It becomes dilapitated.
Short Answer Questions
1. For which holiday does Owen hope to meet Johnny's cousins?
2. In what has Dan Needham wrapped Johnny's present?
3. Who comes to visit Dan Needham and Johnny over the Christmas holiday?
4. What is Johnny's address?
5. Where do the students typically lock Owen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Johnny and Owen are investigating empty dorm rooms at Gravesend over the Christmas holiday?
2. What is Owen's view of Tabitha's dressmaking dummy?
3. Describe Johnny's cousins.
4. What happens when Owen meets Johnny's cousins?
5. Why does Owen react so strongly to Johnny's opinion of his mother's death?
6. How is Owen described physically?
7. What changes does Owen make to the Christmas pageant once he becomes the director?
8. What does Owen think he sees when he enters Tabitha's bedroom?
9. Who is Dan Needham, and what does he look like?
10. Why do Owen and Mr. Morrison have a conversation?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)