|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the boys witness the Brinker-Smith's doing while they are hiding?
(b) Making love.
2. What happened to Owen after the murder?
(a) He disappeared.
(b) He denied everything.
(c) He went to prison.
(d) Life went on as normal.
3. Who is Lydia?
(a) The Wheelwright's housekeeper.
(b) Johnny's cousin.
(c) The Meany's housekeeper.
(d) Johnny's neighbor.
4. How is Owen referred to in the text?
(a) As a villain.
(b) As a bully.
(c) As a hero.
(d) As a martyr.
5. What is Johnny's address?
(a) 80 Back Street.
(b) 80 Front Street.
(c) 80 Top Street.
(d) 80 Side Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Owen respond to the news that his parents are aware of his Christmas responsibilities?
2. Between which two characters' homes does Johnny decide to divide his time?
3. Who does Johnny wish he knew the truth about?
4. What is Owen's murder weapon?
5. Which boy always ends up having to kiss "Hester the Molester"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Owen described physically?
2. What happens to Harry Hoyt's mother?
3. Explain the situation that Johnny will later describe as his sexual awakening.
4. What is Owen's view of Tabitha's dressmaking dummy?
5. How does Owen apologize to Johnny?
6. How does Johnny Wheelwright's mother die?
7. Why do Owen and Mr. Morrison have a conversation?
8. What does the audience see Johnny Wheelwright reading, as an adult, in Canada, and how does Johnny react?
9. How do the Meanys find out about Owen's Christmas responsibilities, and what is their response?
10. What is significant about Johnny Wheelwright's family?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)