|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city did Johnny's mother meet his father?
(c) San Francisco.
2. How does Johnny swear he will die?
(a) As an Agnostic.
(b) As an Anglican.
(c) As a Catholic.
(d) As a Baptist.
3. How are Johnny's cousins described?
(a) As shy.
(b) As prissy.
(c) As rambunctious.
(d) As boring.
4. What is Johnny's initial reaction to his gift from Dan Needham?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is disappointed.
(c) He is terrified.
(d) He is apathetic.
5. How many pastors were present at the wedding of Dan and Tabitha?
6. How is Johnny's mother described?
(a) As bossy.
(b) As overweight.
(c) As intelligent.
(d) As beautiful.
7. In which country does Johnny live as an adult?
8. Who does the person praying at the grave believe is speaking to them?
(a) A spirit.
(b) An angel.
(c) Tabby's ghost.
9. What must Owen endure from his fellow classmates?
10. What happens to the house of the mother whose son is killed in the Vietnam war?
(a) It is vandalized.
(b) It becomes a magnificent garden.
(c) It is cared for by neighbors.
(d) It becomes dilapitated.
11. What does Owen leave on Johnny's porch in an attempt at an apology?
(a) His baseball cards.
(b) A tin of homemade fudge.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A drawing of the two boys together.
12. What type of quarry does the Meany family own?
13. Fill in the blank: "If he's got so much ________, he's in the wrong business."
14. Between which two characters' homes does Johnny decide to divide his time?
(a) Dan Needham's and his grandmother's.
(b) Aunt Martha's and Owen's.
(c) Owen's and Dan Needham's.
(d) Aunt Martha's and his grandmother's.
15. When the Brinker-Smiths enter the room that Owen and Johnny are investigating, where does Johnny hide?
(a) Behind the door.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) In the closet.
(d) Behind the drapes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the blank: Down by the riverside, Owen shouts, "He can hide from you, but he can't hide from _____ ."
2. Who is Dan Needham?
3. Which President wrote the "State of the Union Message" that Johnny reads as an adult?
4. What is Owen's murder weapon?
5. Where did Ms. Wheelwright meet her new boyfriend?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)