|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Brinker-Smiths enter the room that Owen and Johnny are investigating, where does Owen hide?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) Behind the drapes.
(c) Behind the door.
(d) In the closet.
2. What is the name of the town in which this novel takes place?
(c) Tomb Hollow.
3. What is Owen's defining physical characteristic?
(a) His height.
(b) His skin color.
(c) His hair color.
(d) His weight.
4. Who is Dan Needham?
(a) Ms. Wheelwright's boss.
(b) Johnny's neighbor.
(c) Johnny's father.
(d) Ms. Wheelwright's boyfriend.
5. What unusual stuffed animal is Dan Needham's gift to Johnny?
(a) A porcupine.
(b) An anteater.
(c) A skunk.
(d) An armadillo.
6. Who is Mr. Brinker-Smith?
(a) A pastor at Gravesend Church.
(b) A teacher at Gravesend Academy.
(c) A bellboy at Gravesend Hotel.
(d) A gravedigger at Gravesend Cemetary.
7. Who is Lydia?
(a) The Meany's housekeeper.
(b) Johnny's cousin.
(c) The Wheelwright's housekeeper.
(d) Johnny's neighbor.
8. Who does Johnny wish he knew the truth about?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His brother.
9. How old was Johnny when his mother died?
10. Whose ancestor founded the town in which the novel takes place?
(b) Harry Hoyt's.
(c) Dan Needham's.
11. Which play is Dan Needham directing?
(a) A Christmas Carol.
(b) The Christmas Pageant.
(c) Peter Pan.
(d) The Sound of Music.
12. Fill in the blank: In the first paragraph of the novel, Johnny says, "I am a ____ because of Owen Meany."
13. What is Johnny's mother's name?
14. When Ms. Wheelwright makes the announcement that she has good news, what does her family assume?
(a) That she has won the lottery.
(b) That she has a new job.
(c) That she is engaged.
(d) That she is pregnant.
15. Who does Owen say should not be left alone with Tabitha's dressmaking dummy?
(a) Aunt Martha.
(d) Dan Needham.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Tabitha and Dan wait before they were married?
2. After the funeral, who walks with Johnny to his mother's grave?
3. In chapter 3, why does Owen enter Tabitha's bedroom?
4. What does Owen think that the turtledoves in the Christmas pageant look like?
5. Who does Owen attempt to convince to keep his role in Dan Needham's play?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)