|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mother, whose son is killed in the Vietnam war, say about those who protest the war?
(a) That they should be prayed for.
(b) That they are NOT un-patriotic.
(c) That they should be sent to the war.
(d) That they ARE un-patriotic.
2. Johnny's mother encourages Owen to switch what?
3. Who lets Owen's Christmas responsibilities slip to his parents?
(b) Dan Needham.
(c) Mr. Morrison.
(d) Mr. Brinker-Smith.
4. As an adult, what does Johnny think will hold human's responsible for their actions?
(a) An individual's conscience.
5. How is Johnny's mother described?
(a) As intelligent.
(b) As bossy.
(c) As overweight.
(d) As beautiful.
6. Who does Owen attempt to convince to keep his role in Dan Needham's play?
(a) Mr. Fish.
(b) Mr. Meany.
(c) Mr. Brinker-Smith.
(d) Mr. Morrison.
7. What do Johnny's cousins do with the hopes of drawing blood?
(a) Climb trees.
(b) Wrestle each other.
(c) Toss knives.
(d) Tease the dog.
8. Which character is killed in the Vietnam war?
(a) Harry Hoyt.
(b) Pastor Merrill.
(c) Dan Needham.
(d) Owen Meany.
9. Where do the students typically lock Owen?
(a) In the gymnasium.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In the janitor's closet.
(d) In his locker.
10. How does Johnny swear he will die?
(a) As an Anglican.
(b) As a Baptist.
(c) As an Agnostic.
(d) As a Catholic.
11. Fill in the blank: In the first paragraph of the novel, Johnny says, "I am a ____ because of Owen Meany."
12. What is Johnny's mother's name?
13. Fill in the blank to the children's playtime chant: "Last one _____ has to kiss Hester the Molester!"
(a) In the lake.
(b) To the house.
(c) To the tree.
(d) In the car.
14. What product does the Meany family produce with the return from the quarry?
(a) Stained glass windows.
15. Who is the congregational pastor?
(a) Rev. Dudley Wiggins.
(b) Dan Needham.
(c) Rev. Lewis Merrill.
(d) There is no congregational pastor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sport is Owen passionate about?
2. Which boy always ends up having to kiss "Hester the Molester"?
3. What is heard in the background of Ms. Wheelwright's funeral?
4. Who takes the dressmaking dummy from Tabitha's bedroom?
5. What is Owen's defining physical characteristic?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)