|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Sunday school, who does Owen claim to be escaping?
(a) The Demons.
(b) The Catholics.
(c) The Agnostics.
(d) The Mafia.
2. Who is the narrator of the novel?
(a) An unnamed narrator.
(c) Tabitha Wheelwright.
3. As an adult, what does Johnny think will hold human's responsible for their actions?
(b) An individual's conscience.
4. How does Owen respond when Johnny calls his mother's death an accident?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) He is gracious.
(c) He is furious.
(d) He is apathetic.
5. Which President wrote the "State of the Union Message" that Johnny reads as an adult?
(a) President Bush.
(b) President Reagan.
(c) President Carter.
(d) President Lincoln.
6. How does Owen respond to the news that his parents are aware of his Christmas responsibilities?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is upset.
7. What role does Owen cast himself as in the Christmas pageant?
(b) A wiseman.
(c) A shepherd.
(d) The Christ Child.
8. Who does Owen inadvertently murder?
(b) The Sunday school teacher.
(c) His parents.
(d) Tabitha Wheelwright.
9. What is Johnny's address?
(a) 80 Side Street.
(b) 80 Top Street.
(c) 80 Back Street.
(d) 80 Front Street.
10. Why is it impossible for any pitcher to strike Owen out playing baseball?
(a) Owen Meany's strike zone is miniscule.
(b) Owen Meany crowds the plate.
(c) There are no players who can actually pitch the ball.
(d) Owen Meany can hit any pitch.
11. Who does Johnny find praying at his mother's grave?
(a) Dan Needham.
(d) Aunt Martha.
12. How does Johnny respond to Owen's request to meet his cousins?
(a) He is excited to have all his friends together.
(b) He is embarrassed of Owen.
(c) He is angry that Owen wants more friends.
(d) He is worried that his cousins will like Owen better.
13. Who is Dan Needham?
(a) Johnny's father.
(b) Ms. Wheelwright's boyfriend.
(c) Johnny's neighbor.
(d) Ms. Wheelwright's boss.
14. Whose religious doubts does Johnny appreciate?
(b) Dan Needham.
(c) Rev. Dudley Wiggins.
(d) Rev. Lewis Merrill.
15. Who does Owen believe could be the "certain prescence" in Dan Needham's play?
(b) Mr. Fish.
(d) Mr. Morrison.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Owen say should not be left alone with Tabitha's dressmaking dummy?
2. What/who does Owen say is in Tabitha's room with her?
3. How many pastors were present at the wedding of Dan and Tabitha?
4. What job did Owen believe was passed on to him from a higher being?
5. Who is Lydia?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)