|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Owen respond to the news that his parents are aware of his Christmas responsibilities?
(a) He is furious.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is upset.
2. After the funeral, who walks with Johnny to his mother's grave?
(a) Aunt Martha.
(b) Dan Needham.
3. What is Johnny's address?
(a) 80 Back Street.
(b) 80 Top Street.
(c) 80 Front Street.
(d) 80 Side Street.
4. In what has Dan Needham wrapped Johnny's present?
(a) In shiny green wrapping paper.
(b) In silk cloth.
(c) In a brown paper bag.
(d) In the Sunday newspaper.
5. How does Johnny respond to Owen's request to meet his cousins?
(a) He is embarrassed of Owen.
(b) He is worried that his cousins will like Owen better.
(c) He is angry that Owen wants more friends.
(d) He is excited to have all his friends together.
6. What job did Owen believe was passed on to him from a higher being?
(a) The job to become a professional baseball player.
(b) The job to become an Episcopal preacher.
(c) The job to befriend Johnny.
(d) The job to end Tabitha's life.
7. Which boy always ends up having to kiss "Hester the Molester"?
8. Which sport is Owen passionate about?
9. Fill in the blank: Down by the riverside, Owen shouts, "He can hide from you, but he can't hide from _____ ."
(a) The truth.
(d) The light..
10. When the Brinker-Smiths enter the room that Owen and Johnny are investigating, where does Owen hide?
(a) Behind the drapes.
(b) In the closet.
(c) Behind the door.
(d) Under the bed.
11. What happens to the house of the mother whose son is killed in the Vietnam war?
(a) It becomes dilapitated.
(b) It is cared for by neighbors.
(c) It becomes a magnificent garden.
(d) It is vandalized.
12. How does Owen respond when Johnny calls his mother's death an accident?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is gracious.
13. Which play is Dan Needham directing?
(a) The Christmas Pageant.
(b) The Sound of Music.
(c) A Christmas Carol.
(d) Peter Pan.
14. How many pastors were present at the wedding of Dan and Tabitha?
15. Who does Owen say should not be left alone with Tabitha's dressmaking dummy?
(b) Dan Needham.
(c) Aunt Martha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Owen cast himself as in the Christmas pageant?
2. Who takes the dressmaking dummy from Tabitha's bedroom?
3. Who does the person praying at the grave believe is speaking to them?
4. In chapter 3, why does Owen enter Tabitha's bedroom?
5. Who is Mr. Brinker-Smith?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)