|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Brinker-Smiths enter the room that Owen and Johnny are investigating, where does Owen hide?
(a) Behind the drapes.
(b) Behind the door.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) In the closet.
2. In which country does Johnny live as an adult?
3. Which sport is Owen passionate about?
4. What is Owen's murder weapon?
(a) A baseball.
(b) A handgun.
(c) A pool stick.
(d) A hatchet.
5. Who does Johnny find praying at his mother's grave?
(c) Aunt Martha.
(d) Dan Needham.
6. What does Rev. Merrill say is the essence of true faith?
7. How is Owen referred to in the text?
(a) As a martyr.
(b) As a bully.
(c) As a hero.
(d) As a villain.
8. What happens when Owen and Hester are wrestling?
(a) Owen bites Hester's leg.
(b) Hester breaks Owen's arm.
(c) Owen wets his pants.
(d) The two children kiss.
9. Who is Ginger in relation to Mr. Brinker-Smith?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His sister.
(c) His secretary.
(d) His wife.
10. Who is Mr. Brinker-Smith?
(a) A gravedigger at Gravesend Cemetary.
(b) A bellboy at Gravesend Hotel.
(c) A pastor at Gravesend Church.
(d) A teacher at Gravesend Academy.
11. How does Owen respond when Johnny calls his mother's death an accident?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is gracious.
12. Who does Owen say should not be left alone with Tabitha's dressmaking dummy?
(b) Dan Needham.
(d) Aunt Martha.
13. Which character is killed in the Vietnam war?
(a) Harry Hoyt.
(b) Owen Meany.
(c) Dan Needham.
(d) Pastor Merrill.
14. What does Owen think that the turtledoves in the Christmas pageant look like?
15. In what has Dan Needham wrapped Johnny's present?
(a) In silk cloth.
(b) In the Sunday newspaper.
(c) In shiny green wrapping paper.
(d) In a brown paper bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the adolescent boys of Gravesend view Ginger?
2. How do the Meanys respond to the news of Owen's Christmas responsibilities?
3. What job did Owen believe was passed on to him from a higher being?
4. What is Owen's defining physical characteristic?
5. Who does Owen inadvertently murder?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)