|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rev. Merrill say is the essence of true faith?
2. How does Johnny swear he will die?
(a) As an Agnostic.
(b) As a Baptist.
(c) As an Anglican.
(d) As a Catholic.
3. Who does the person praying at the grave believe is speaking to them?
(a) Tabby's ghost.
(c) A spirit.
(d) An angel.
4. When the Brinker-Smiths enter the room that Owen and Johnny are investigating, where does Owen hide?
(a) In the closet.
(b) Behind the door.
(c) Behind the drapes.
(d) Under the bed.
5. After the funeral, who walks with Johnny to his mother's grave?
(b) Aunt Martha.
(c) Dan Needham.
6. How long did Tabitha and Dan wait before they were married?
(a) Four months.
(b) Four days.
(c) Four years.
(d) Four weeks.
7. What do the boys witness the Brinker-Smith's doing while they are hiding?
(c) Making love.
8. In which country does Johnny live as an adult?
9. What role does Owen cast himself as in the Christmas pageant?
(a) The Christ Child.
(b) A wiseman.
(c) A shepherd.
10. What does Johnny point to in Tabitha's room that Owen may have mistaken for something else?
(a) A storefront mannequin.
(b) A ventriloquist dummy.
(c) A giant fabric doll.
(d) A dressmaker's dummy.
11. Who is Lydia?
(a) Johnny's neighbor.
(b) Johnny's cousin.
(c) The Meany's housekeeper.
(d) The Wheelwright's housekeeper.
12. Which character is killed in the Vietnam war?
(a) Pastor Merrill.
(b) Owen Meany.
(c) Dan Needham.
(d) Harry Hoyt.
13. What does Owen leave on Johnny's porch in an attempt at an apology?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A tin of homemade fudge.
(c) His baseball cards.
(d) A drawing of the two boys together.
14. What is the name of the town in which this novel takes place?
(a) Tomb Hollow.
15. What product does the Meany family produce with the return from the quarry?
(a) Stained glass windows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Johnny's mother's name?
2. Who comes to visit Dan Needham and Johnny over the Christmas holiday?
3. What part of Johnny's stuffed animal did Owen remove?
4. Fill in the blank: Down by the riverside, Owen shouts, "He can hide from you, but he can't hide from _____ ."
5. Where do the students typically lock Owen?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)