|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Owen leave on Johnny's porch in an attempt at an apology?
(a) His baseball cards.
(b) A tin of homemade fudge.
(c) A drawing of the two boys together.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
2. When the Brinker-Smiths enter the room that Owen and Johnny are investigating, where does Owen hide?
(a) Behind the drapes.
(b) Behind the door.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) In the closet.
3. How does Owen respond when Johnny calls his mother's death an accident?
(a) He is gracious.
(b) He is embarrassed.
(c) He is furious.
(d) He is apathetic.
4. What is Owen's murder weapon?
(a) A handgun.
(b) A hatchet.
(c) A pool stick.
(d) A baseball.
5. How many pastors were present at the wedding of Dan and Tabitha?
6. What does Johnny point to in Tabitha's room that Owen may have mistaken for something else?
(a) A ventriloquist dummy.
(b) A storefront mannequin.
(c) A giant fabric doll.
(d) A dressmaker's dummy.
7. What happened to Owen after the murder?
(a) He went to prison.
(b) He disappeared.
(c) He denied everything.
(d) Life went on as normal.
8. What part of Johnny's stuffed animal did Owen remove?
(a) Its claws.
(b) Its legs.
(c) Its nose.
(d) Its eyes.
9. What/who does Owen say is in Tabitha's room with her?
(a) A monster.
(b) An angel.
(c) A ghost.
(d) The devil.
10. What do Johnny's cousins do with the hopes of drawing blood?
(a) Toss knives.
(b) Tease the dog.
(c) Climb trees.
(d) Wrestle each other.
11. How are Johnny's cousins described?
(a) As prissy.
(b) As boring.
(c) As shy.
(d) As rambunctious.
12. In which country does Johnny live as an adult?
13. Which character is killed in the Vietnam war?
(a) Harry Hoyt.
(b) Owen Meany.
(c) Dan Needham.
(d) Pastor Merrill.
14. How does Owen typically respond when Johnny comes home from visiting his cousins?
(a) He is moody for a few days.
(b) He is happy that Johnny is spending time with his family.
(c) He hasn't realized that Johnny was gone.
(d) He is excited to have Johnny back home.
15. Where do the students typically lock Owen?
(a) In his locker.
(b) In the bathroom.
(c) In the janitor's closet.
(d) In the gymnasium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the blank: "If he's got so much ________, he's in the wrong business."
2. How is Owen referred to in the text?
3. Who does Owen believe could be the "certain prescence" in Dan Needham's play?
4. How is Dan Needham described?
5. Who comes to visit Dan Needham and Johnny over the Christmas holiday?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)