|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the Meanys respond to the news of Owen's Christmas responsibilities?
(a) They are impressed.
(b) They are furious.
(c) They are saddened.
(d) They are apathetic.
2. Whose religious doubts does Johnny appreciate?
(a) Rev. Dudley Wiggins.
(b) Dan Needham.
(d) Rev. Lewis Merrill.
3. Why is it impossible for any pitcher to strike Owen out playing baseball?
(a) Owen Meany's strike zone is miniscule.
(b) There are no players who can actually pitch the ball.
(c) Owen Meany crowds the plate.
(d) Owen Meany can hit any pitch.
4. Who takes the dressmaking dummy from Tabitha's bedroom?
(a) Aunt Martha.
(c) Dan Needham.
5. How does Owen respond when Johnny calls his mother's death an accident?
(a) He is furious.
(b) He is gracious.
(c) He is embarrassed.
(d) He is apathetic.
6. What do Johnny's cousins do with the hopes of drawing blood?
(a) Climb trees.
(b) Toss knives.
(c) Tease the dog.
(d) Wrestle each other.
7. What is Johnny's mother's name?
8. Fill in the blank: Owen says that "_____ makes people crazy."
9. How is Johnny's mother described?
(a) As intelligent.
(b) As beautiful.
(c) As bossy.
(d) As overweight.
10. Fill in the blank: In the first paragraph of the novel, Johnny says, "I am a ____ because of Owen Meany."
11. Which play is Dan Needham directing?
(a) A Christmas Carol.
(b) Peter Pan.
(c) The Christmas Pageant.
(d) The Sound of Music.
12. When the Brinker-Smiths enter the room that Owen and Johnny are investigating, where does Owen hide?
(a) Under the bed.
(b) Behind the door.
(c) Behind the drapes.
(d) In the closet.
13. What/who does Owen say is in Tabitha's room with her?
(a) A monster.
(b) An angel.
(c) The devil.
(d) A ghost.
14. After the funeral, who walks with Johnny to his mother's grave?
(a) Dan Needham.
(d) Aunt Martha.
15. Who does Johnny wish he knew the truth about?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
(d) His brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Johnny's stuffed animal did Owen remove?
2. How long did Tabitha and Dan wait before they were married?
3. Who does Owen inadvertently murder?
4. Which boy always ends up having to kiss "Hester the Molester"?
5. What does Owen leave on Johnny's porch in an attempt at an apology?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)