|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the blank: Owen says that "_____ makes people crazy."
2. Who does Johnny find praying at his mother's grave?
(c) Dan Needham.
(d) Aunt Martha.
3. What do Johnny's cousins do with the hopes of drawing blood?
(a) Wrestle each other.
(b) Tease the dog.
(c) Toss knives.
(d) Climb trees.
4. How do the Meanys respond to the news of Owen's Christmas responsibilities?
(a) They are saddened.
(b) They are apathetic.
(c) They are furious.
(d) They are impressed.
5. Who takes the dressmaking dummy from Tabitha's bedroom?
(a) Aunt Martha.
(b) Dan Needham.
6. Which character is killed in the Vietnam war?
(a) Owen Meany.
(b) Harry Hoyt.
(c) Dan Needham.
(d) Pastor Merrill.
7. What does Johnny point to in Tabitha's room that Owen may have mistaken for something else?
(a) A dressmaker's dummy.
(b) A storefront mannequin.
(c) A ventriloquist dummy.
(d) A giant fabric doll.
8. What is Owen's defining physical characteristic?
(a) His skin color.
(b) His hair color.
(c) His weight.
(d) His height.
9. Who does Johnny wish he knew the truth about?
(a) His brother.
(b) His father.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
10. Who is the narrator of the novel?
(a) An unnamed narrator.
(d) Tabitha Wheelwright.
11. When the Brinker-Smiths enter the room that Owen and Johnny are investigating, where does Owen hide?
(a) Behind the door.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) Behind the drapes.
(d) In the closet.
12. In which country does Johnny live as an adult?
13. In Sunday school, who does Owen claim to be escaping?
(a) The Demons.
(b) The Mafia.
(c) The Catholics.
(d) The Agnostics.
14. Who is the rector of the Episcopal church?
(a) Dan Needham.
(b) Rev. Lewis Merrill.
(c) Rev. Dudley Wiggins.
(d) There is no rector for the Episcopal church.
15. Fill in the blank: In the first paragraph of the novel, Johnny says, "I am a ____ because of Owen Meany."
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city did Johnny's mother meet his father?
2. Who is the congregational pastor?
3. Who does Owen attempt to convince to keep his role in Dan Needham's play?
4. How do the adolescent boys of Gravesend view Ginger?
5. Where did Ms. Wheelwright meet her new boyfriend?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)