|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ginger in relation to Mr. Brinker-Smith?
(a) His wife.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His sister.
(d) His daughter.
2. How are Johnny's cousins described?
(a) As rambunctious.
(b) As prissy.
(c) As shy.
(d) As boring.
3. After the funeral, who walks with Johnny to his mother's grave?
(c) Dan Needham.
(d) Aunt Martha.
4. As an adult, what does Johnny think will hold human's responsible for their actions?
(c) An individual's conscience.
5. Which character was referred to as "the little doll"?
(a) Ms. Wheelwright.
(b) Dan Needham.
(c) Owen Meany.
(d) Johnny Wheelwright.
6. What happened to Owen after the murder?
(a) He disappeared.
(b) He denied everything.
(c) He went to prison.
(d) Life went on as normal.
7. Who does the person praying at the grave believe is speaking to them?
(a) A spirit.
(c) An angel.
(d) Tabby's ghost.
8. What does Owen claim God has taken from him to make him God's instrument?
(a) His mother.
(b) His God.
(c) His hands.
(d) His instrument.
9. Johnny's mother encourages Owen to switch what?
10. What unusual stuffed animal is Dan Needham's gift to Johnny?
(a) An armadillo.
(b) A skunk.
(c) An anteater.
(d) A porcupine.
11. In which city did Johnny's mother meet his father?
(a) San Francisco.
12. How does Owen typically respond when Johnny comes home from visiting his cousins?
(a) He is happy that Johnny is spending time with his family.
(b) He is excited to have Johnny back home.
(c) He hasn't realized that Johnny was gone.
(d) He is moody for a few days.
13. What role does Owen cast himself as in the Christmas pageant?
(a) A shepherd.
(c) A wiseman.
(d) The Christ Child.
14. How does Johnny respond to Owen's request to meet his cousins?
(a) He is embarrassed of Owen.
(b) He is worried that his cousins will like Owen better.
(c) He is excited to have all his friends together.
(d) He is angry that Owen wants more friends.
15. Fill in the blank: In the first paragraph of the novel, Johnny says, "I am a ____ because of Owen Meany."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sport is Owen passionate about?
2. Where does Dan Needham live?
3. What is Johnny's mother's name?
4. How is Owen referred to in the text?
5. Who does Johnny find praying at his mother's grave?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)