|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Johnny's cousins do with the hopes of drawing blood?
(a) Wrestle each other.
(b) Climb trees.
(c) Tease the dog.
(d) Toss knives.
2. What job did Owen believe was passed on to him from a higher being?
(a) The job to end Tabitha's life.
(b) The job to become an Episcopal preacher.
(c) The job to become a professional baseball player.
(d) The job to befriend Johnny.
3. In which country does Johnny live as an adult?
4. What does Johnny point to in Tabitha's room that Owen may have mistaken for something else?
(a) A giant fabric doll.
(b) A dressmaker's dummy.
(c) A storefront mannequin.
(d) A ventriloquist dummy.
5. For which holiday does Owen hope to meet Johnny's cousins?
(c) Independance Day.
6. What unusual stuffed animal is Dan Needham's gift to Johnny?
(a) An armadillo.
(b) An anteater.
(c) A skunk.
(d) A porcupine.
7. Which character is killed in the Vietnam war?
(a) Pastor Merrill.
(b) Harry Hoyt.
(c) Owen Meany.
(d) Dan Needham.
8. How is Owen referred to in the text?
(a) As a hero.
(b) As a villain.
(c) As a martyr.
(d) As a bully.
9. Who is the narrator of the novel?
(a) Tabitha Wheelwright.
(b) An unnamed narrator.
10. Where did Ms. Wheelwright meet her new boyfriend?
(a) On the train.
(b) On an airplane.
(c) In the doctor's office.
(d) On the Internet.
11. What type of quarry does the Meany family own?
12. Who does Owen believe could be the "certain prescence" in Dan Needham's play?
(a) Mr. Morrison.
(b) Mr. Fish.
13. How does Owen respond to the news that his parents are aware of his Christmas responsibilities?
(a) He is furious.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He is excited.
(d) He is apathetic.
14. What role has Owen played every year in the Christmas pageant and swears that he will never play again?
(a) A wiseman.
(b) The Christ Child.
(c) An angel.
15. How old was Johnny when his mother died?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sport is Owen passionate about?
2. What is Johnny's mother's name?
3. Who is Dan Needham?
4. How do the Meanys respond to the news of Owen's Christmas responsibilities?
5. Fill in the blank: Down by the riverside, Owen shouts, "He can hide from you, but he can't hide from _____ ."
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)