|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dan Needham live?
(a) At Gravesend hotel.
(b) At Gravesend cemetary.
(c) At Gravesend college.
(d) At Gravesend church.
2. What is Johnny's mother's name?
3. How is Dan Needham described?
(a) As unintelligent.
(b) As awkward.
(c) As charming.
(d) As handsome.
4. What does Owen present to Dan and Tabitha as a wedding gift?
(a) A piece of granite.
(b) The stuffed armadillo.
(c) A Shakespearean sonnet.
(d) His baseball card collection.
5. What role has Owen played every year in the Christmas pageant and swears that he will never play again?
(a) The Christ Child.
(b) A wiseman.
(d) An angel.
6. How does Johnny respond to Owen's request to meet his cousins?
(a) He is worried that his cousins will like Owen better.
(b) He is excited to have all his friends together.
(c) He is embarrassed of Owen.
(d) He is angry that Owen wants more friends.
7. Who does Owen inadvertently murder?
(a) Tabitha Wheelwright.
(c) His parents.
(d) The Sunday school teacher.
8. What job did Owen believe was passed on to him from a higher being?
(a) The job to end Tabitha's life.
(b) The job to become an Episcopal preacher.
(c) The job to befriend Johnny.
(d) The job to become a professional baseball player.
9. In chapter 3, why does Owen enter Tabitha's bedroom?
(a) Because he is feeling sick.
(b) Because he is looking for Johnny.
(c) Because he is searching for a blanket.
(d) Because he has a bad dream.
10. What is Owen's defining physical characteristic?
(a) His skin color.
(b) His height.
(c) His weight.
(d) His hair color.
11. Which sport is Owen passionate about?
12. Who lets Owen's Christmas responsibilities slip to his parents?
(a) Mr. Morrison.
(c) Mr. Brinker-Smith.
(d) Dan Needham.
13. When Ms. Wheelwright makes the announcement that she has good news, what does her family assume?
(a) That she has a new job.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she has won the lottery.
(d) That she is engaged.
14. What happened to Owen after the murder?
(a) He denied everything.
(b) Life went on as normal.
(c) He disappeared.
(d) He went to prison.
15. Who does Owen believe could be the "certain prescence" in Dan Needham's play?
(a) Mr. Fish.
(b) Mr. Morrison.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Johnny's cousins described?
2. What does Johnny point to in Tabitha's room that Owen may have mistaken for something else?
3. When the Brinker-Smiths enter the room that Owen and Johnny are investigating, where does Johnny hide?
4. Who does Johnny wish he knew the truth about?
5. How is Johnny's mother described?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)