|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city did Johnny's mother meet his father?
(a) San Francisco.
2. What does Owen present to Dan and Tabitha as a wedding gift?
(a) The stuffed armadillo.
(b) A Shakespearean sonnet.
(c) A piece of granite.
(d) His baseball card collection.
3. In chapter 3, why does Owen enter Tabitha's bedroom?
(a) Because he is looking for Johnny.
(b) Because he is feeling sick.
(c) Because he has a bad dream.
(d) Because he is searching for a blanket.
4. What happens to the house of the mother whose son is killed in the Vietnam war?
(a) It is cared for by neighbors.
(b) It becomes dilapitated.
(c) It is vandalized.
(d) It becomes a magnificent garden.
5. In what has Dan Needham wrapped Johnny's present?
(a) In a brown paper bag.
(b) In silk cloth.
(c) In shiny green wrapping paper.
(d) In the Sunday newspaper.
6. Where did Ms. Wheelwright meet her new boyfriend?
(a) On an airplane.
(b) In the doctor's office.
(c) On the Internet.
(d) On the train.
7. What is Owen's murder weapon?
(a) A baseball.
(b) A pool stick.
(c) A hatchet.
(d) A handgun.
8. What is the name of the town in which this novel takes place?
(a) Tomb Hollow.
9. What is Johnny's mother's name?
10. What unusual stuffed animal is Dan Needham's gift to Johnny?
(a) An anteater.
(b) A porcupine.
(c) An armadillo.
(d) A skunk.
11. What product does the Meany family produce with the return from the quarry?
(b) Stained glass windows.
12. Between which two characters' homes does Johnny decide to divide his time?
(a) Aunt Martha's and Owen's.
(b) Aunt Martha's and his grandmother's.
(c) Owen's and Dan Needham's.
(d) Dan Needham's and his grandmother's.
13. What does Dan think is the ultimate message that Owen was trying to send with the stuffed animal?
14. What happened to Owen after the murder?
(a) He denied everything.
(b) He disappeared.
(c) He went to prison.
(d) Life went on as normal.
15. Who does the person praying at the grave believe is speaking to them?
(a) A spirit.
(b) An angel.
(d) Tabby's ghost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Johnny's stuffed animal did Owen remove?
2. What is heard in the background of Ms. Wheelwright's funeral?
3. What do Johnny's cousins do with the hopes of drawing blood?
4. Whose ancestor founded the town in which the novel takes place?
5. What role has Owen played every year in the Christmas pageant and swears that he will never play again?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)