|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Brinker-Smith?
(a) A teacher at Gravesend Academy.
(b) A pastor at Gravesend Church.
(c) A gravedigger at Gravesend Cemetary.
(d) A bellboy at Gravesend Hotel.
2. Who does Owen say should not be left alone with Tabitha's dressmaking dummy?
(b) Aunt Martha.
(c) Dan Needham.
3. What does Johnny point to in Tabitha's room that Owen may have mistaken for something else?
(a) A storefront mannequin.
(b) A ventriloquist dummy.
(c) A dressmaker's dummy.
(d) A giant fabric doll.
4. Where do the students typically lock Owen?
(a) In his locker.
(b) In the janitor's closet.
(c) In the bathroom.
(d) In the gymnasium.
5. In which country does Johnny live as an adult?
6. Which boy always ends up having to kiss "Hester the Molester"?
7. What is Owen's defining physical characteristic?
(a) His skin color.
(b) His hair color.
(c) His weight.
(d) His height.
8. What does Owen leave on Johnny's porch in an attempt at an apology?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) His baseball cards.
(c) A drawing of the two boys together.
(d) A tin of homemade fudge.
9. What is Owen's murder weapon?
(a) A pool stick.
(b) A baseball.
(c) A handgun.
(d) A hatchet.
10. What is Johnny's initial reaction to his gift from Dan Needham?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is disappointed.
(d) He is terrified.
11. Who does Owen attempt to convince to keep his role in Dan Needham's play?
(a) Mr. Fish.
(b) Mr. Morrison.
(c) Mr. Meany.
(d) Mr. Brinker-Smith.
12. What unusual stuffed animal is Dan Needham's gift to Johnny?
(a) An armadillo.
(b) An anteater.
(c) A skunk.
(d) A porcupine.
13. Who does Johnny wish he knew the truth about?
(a) His sister.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
14. How is Dan Needham described?
(a) As charming.
(b) As unintelligent.
(c) As awkward.
(d) As handsome.
15. How do the adolescent boys of Gravesend view Ginger?
(a) As one of the boys.
(b) As a figure of authority.
(c) As a fantasy.
(d) As a role-model.
Short Answer Questions
1. For which holiday does Owen hope to meet Johnny's cousins?
2. What role has Owen played every year in the Christmas pageant and swears that he will never play again?
3. Who is Ginger in relation to Mr. Brinker-Smith?
4. How is Owen referred to in the text?
5. When the Brinker-Smiths enter the room that Owen and Johnny are investigating, where does Owen hide?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)