|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of quarry does the Meany family own?
2. In which city did Johnny's mother meet his father?
(a) San Francisco.
3. Who does Johnny find praying at his mother's grave?
(b) Dan Needham.
(d) Aunt Martha.
4. How does Johnny respond to Owen's request to meet his cousins?
(a) He is worried that his cousins will like Owen better.
(b) He is embarrassed of Owen.
(c) He is excited to have all his friends together.
(d) He is angry that Owen wants more friends.
5. Which sport is Owen passionate about?
6. What must Owen endure from his fellow classmates?
7. For which holiday does Owen hope to meet Johnny's cousins?
(b) Independance Day.
8. What does Owen think that the turtledoves in the Christmas pageant look like?
9. Fill in the blank: "If he's got so much ________, he's in the wrong business."
10. Which character was referred to as "the little doll"?
(a) Ms. Wheelwright.
(b) Dan Needham.
(c) Johnny Wheelwright.
(d) Owen Meany.
11. What is heard in the background of Ms. Wheelwright's funeral?
(a) A baseball game.
(b) A train whistling in the distance.
(c) A massive car wreck.
(d) A choir singing.
12. What do the boys witness the Brinker-Smith's doing while they are hiding?
(a) Making love.
13. Who is the congregational pastor?
(a) Dan Needham.
(b) Rev. Lewis Merrill.
(c) Rev. Dudley Wiggins.
(d) There is no congregational pastor.
14. What is the name of the town in which this novel takes place?
(d) Tomb Hollow.
15. What does Rev. Merrill say is the essence of true faith?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dan think is the ultimate message that Owen was trying to send with the stuffed animal?
2. What does Owen present to Dan and Tabitha as a wedding gift?
3. How does Johnny swear he will die?
4. As an adult, what does Johnny think will hold human's responsible for their actions?
5. Who is the rector of the Episcopal church?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)