|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Tabitha and Dan wait before they were married?
(a) Four months.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Four years.
(d) Four days.
2. When the Brinker-Smiths enter the room that Owen and Johnny are investigating, where does Owen hide?
(a) In the closet.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) Behind the drapes.
(d) Behind the door.
3. How does Owen respond to the news that his parents are aware of his Christmas responsibilities?
(a) He is upset.
(b) He is excited.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is furious.
4. Why is it impossible for any pitcher to strike Owen out playing baseball?
(a) Owen Meany can hit any pitch.
(b) There are no players who can actually pitch the ball.
(c) Owen Meany's strike zone is miniscule.
(d) Owen Meany crowds the plate.
5. In which city did Johnny's mother meet his father?
(d) San Francisco.
6. Fill in the blank: "If he's got so much ________, he's in the wrong business."
7. Which play is Dan Needham directing?
(a) The Christmas Pageant.
(b) Peter Pan.
(c) The Sound of Music.
(d) A Christmas Carol.
8. Which character was referred to as "the little doll"?
(a) Owen Meany.
(b) Ms. Wheelwright.
(c) Dan Needham.
(d) Johnny Wheelwright.
9. What part of Johnny's stuffed animal did Owen remove?
(a) Its nose.
(b) Its claws.
(c) Its eyes.
(d) Its legs.
10. Who does Owen attempt to convince to keep his role in Dan Needham's play?
(a) Mr. Brinker-Smith.
(b) Mr. Fish.
(c) Mr. Meany.
(d) Mr. Morrison.
11. What must Owen endure from his fellow classmates?
12. What role has Owen played every year in the Christmas pageant and swears that he will never play again?
(a) A wiseman.
(b) An angel.
(c) The Christ Child.
13. What does Rev. Merrill say is the essence of true faith?
14. What does Dan think is the ultimate message that Owen was trying to send with the stuffed animal?
15. Who does Johnny find praying at his mother's grave?
(c) Dan Needham.
(d) Aunt Martha.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the blank: Owen says that "_____ makes people crazy."
2. What happens when Owen and Hester are wrestling?
3. In what has Dan Needham wrapped Johnny's present?
4. How do the adolescent boys of Gravesend view Ginger?
5. Who is the congregational pastor?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)