|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Shot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Johnny wish he knew the truth about?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His father.
2. Why does Owen want to repeat the ninth grade?
(a) Because Johnny also has to.
(b) Because he wishes to excel higher than the other students.
(c) Because he is fearful that he won't be able to keep up.
(d) Because he wants to experience all of high school.
3. What did Tabitha purchase from the store in Boston called Jerrolds?
(a) Her wedding dress.
(b) Her sewing dummy.
(c) Her red dress.
(d) Johnny's confirmation gown.
4. How does Owen respond to the news that his parents are aware of his Christmas responsibilities?
(a) He is excited.
(b) He is upset.
(c) He is furious.
(d) He is apathetic.
5. When Owen looks forward to his future, what does he claim will be the unifying emotion of his generation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the blank: "If he's got so much ________, he's in the wrong business."
2. After the funeral, who walks with Johnny to his mother's grave?
3. How does Owen typically respond when Johnny comes home from visiting his cousins?
4. What happens to Johnny's grades in his first year at the University?
5. Where does Johnny work in the summer of his first year at the University?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)