|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Shot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the audience for Dan Needham's play affected by Owen's performance in the Christmas pageant?
(a) The house is packed.
(b) The audience seems unaffected.
(c) The audience heckles throughout the entire show.
(d) The house is nearly empty.
2. After Owen's death, who does Johnny live with?
(a) Harry Hoyt.
(b) Ginger Brinker-Smith.
(c) Dan Needham.
(d) Hester Eastman.
3. How do the Meanys respond to the news of Owen's Christmas responsibilities?
(a) They are furious.
(b) They are saddened.
(c) They are apathetic.
(d) They are impressed.
4. Fill in the blank: Owen says that "_____ makes people crazy."
5. Who is Ginger in relation to Mr. Brinker-Smith?
(a) His wife.
(b) His sister.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His secretary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the students typically lock Owen?
2. What behavior of Hester's becomes a worry for her cousin, Johnny.
3. What is Hester protesting?
4. Fill in the blank: "If he's got so much ________, he's in the wrong business."
5. Whose ancestor founded the town in which the novel takes place?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)