|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Shot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Johnny do for Mr. Meany, for which he is grateful?
(a) Takes over the granite quarry.
(b) Pays for Owen's funeral.
(c) Take care of Owen's personal belongings.
(d) Reads Owen's epitaph.
2. Where does Dan Needham live?
(a) At Gravesend hotel.
(b) At Gravesend church.
(c) At Gravesend college.
(d) At Gravesend cemetary.
3. Fill in the blank: Down by the riverside, Owen shouts, "He can hide from you, but he can't hide from _____ ."
(a) The light..
(d) The truth.
4. What does Mr. Meany believe is the similarity between Owen and the Christ child?
(a) Both were risen from the dead.
(b) Both were without sin.
(c) Both were conceived to virgin mothers.
(d) Both were crucified.
5. Who is Ginger in relation to Mr. Brinker-Smith?
(a) His wife.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His sister.
(d) His daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is killed in the Vietnam war?
2. How do the adolescent boys of Gravesend view Ginger?
3. How does Owen develop the large muscles that he has?
4. What happens when Owen takes Scrooge to his grave in "The Christmas Carol"?
5. What do the boys throw at the statue of Mary Magdalene?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)