|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Shot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Owen respond when Dan suggests that he invite his parents to the play performance?
(a) He is unsure whether his parents will want to come.
(b) He is unsure how they will respond to the play's subject matter.
(c) He says "no."
(d) He says "yes."
2. What must Owen endure from his fellow classmates?
3. Who is Canon Mackie?
(a) A neighbor of Aunt Martha.
(b) A friend of Johnny.
(c) A co-worker of Dan Needham.
(d) A friend of Owen.
4. What does Owen write in an attempt to coax Johnny's father out of hiding?
(a) A short story.
(b) A play.
(c) An article.
(d) A poem.
5. With everything that goes wrong in the pageant, how does the audience respond to the show?
(a) They are enthralled.
(b) They are frustrated.
(c) They are amused.
(d) They are embarrassed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the blank: "If he's got so much ________, he's in the wrong business."
2. What does Rev. Merrill say is the essence of true faith?
3. What is Johnny's initial reaction to his gift from Dan Needham?
4. What role does Owen cast himself as in the Christmas pageant?
5. Who does the person praying at the grave believe is speaking to them?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)