|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Shot.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Owen leave on Johnny's porch in an attempt at an apology?
(a) His baseball cards.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A drawing of the two boys together.
(d) A tin of homemade fudge.
2. What does Owen call the column that he writes for the Gravesend newspaper?
(a) The Voice.
(b) The Word.
(c) The Gospel.
(d) The Truth.
3. How do the Meanys respond to the news of Owen's Christmas responsibilities?
(a) They are impressed.
(b) They are apathetic.
(c) They are saddened.
(d) They are furious.
4. When Ms. Wheelwright makes the announcement that she has good news, what does her family assume?
(a) That she has won the lottery.
(b) That she is engaged.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she has a new job.
5. How does Barb Wiggins tease Owen Meany?
(a) By pulling his hair and kicking his shins.
(b) With kisses and affectionate pats.
(c) By completely ignoring him whenever he speaks.
(d) With brutal name calling.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Tabitha and Dan wait before they were married?
2. What part of Johnny's body does Owen cut off?
3. When the Brinker-Smiths enter the room that Owen and Johnny are investigating, where does Owen hide?
4. How are Johnny's cousins described?
5. What does Owen say before he makes the cut on Johnny?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)