|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Finger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Brinker-Smith?
(a) A gravedigger at Gravesend Cemetary.
(b) A pastor at Gravesend Church.
(c) A bellboy at Gravesend Hotel.
(d) A teacher at Gravesend Academy.
2. What realization does Johnny make during the performance of "A Christmas Carol"?
(a) That his mother is still with him.
(b) That Dan Needham is evil.
(c) That Owen is going to die.
(d) That he knows who his father was.
3. As an adult, what does Johnny think will hold human's responsible for their actions?
(b) An individual's conscience.
4. Whose name does Owen think that he has seen on the gravestone?
(a) Dan Needham's.
(d) His own.
5. What job did Owen believe was passed on to him from a higher being?
(a) The job to become an Episcopal preacher.
(b) The job to become a professional baseball player.
(c) The job to end Tabitha's life.
(d) The job to befriend Johnny.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ms. Wheelwright makes the announcement that she has good news, what does her family assume?
2. Johnny's mother encourages Owen to switch what?
3. Between which two characters' homes does Johnny decide to divide his time?
4. What behavior of Hester's becomes a worry for her cousin, Johnny.
5. What brand of cigarettes does Owen smoke?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)