|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Finger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Owen keep detailed notes on in his journal?
(a) A list of his dreams.
(b) The event of his death.
(c) Hester Eastman's peculiar behaviors.
(d) The movement of his military troop.
2. What does Rev. Merrill say is the essence of true faith?
3. Who lets Owen's Christmas responsibilities slip to his parents?
(a) Mr. Brinker-Smith.
(b) Dan Needham.
(c) Mr. Morrison.
4. How is the audience for Dan Needham's play affected by Owen's performance in the Christmas pageant?
(a) The house is packed.
(b) The house is nearly empty.
(c) The audience seems unaffected.
(d) The audience heckles throughout the entire show.
5. Which character is killed in the Vietnam war?
(a) Owen Meany.
(b) Harry Hoyt.
(c) Pastor Merrill.
(d) Dan Needham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Owen leave on Johnny's porch in an attempt at an apology?
2. How does Owen respond when Dan suggests that he invite his parents to the play performance?
3. Who does the person praying at the grave believe is speaking to them?
4. What city do Owen and Johnny travel to on their holiday from school?
5. What happens when Barb Wiggins loses control of the angel during the Christmas pageant?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)