|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Finger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year is it when the two boys begin at the University?
2. What happened to Owen after the murder?
(a) He denied everything.
(b) Life went on as normal.
(c) He disappeared.
(d) He went to prison.
3. What does Owen leave on Johnny's porch in an attempt at an apology?
(a) A drawing of the two boys together.
(b) A tin of homemade fudge.
(c) His baseball cards.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
4. Who is the narrator of the novel?
(b) Tabitha Wheelwright.
(d) An unnamed narrator.
5. What does the mother, whose son is killed in the Vietnam war, say about those who protest the war?
(a) That they are NOT un-patriotic.
(b) That they ARE un-patriotic.
(c) That they should be sent to the war.
(d) That they should be prayed for.
Short Answer Questions
1. As an adult, where does Johnny work?
2. Where is Owen transferred upon graduation?
3. What does Johnny believe makes Owen attractive to girls?
4. What product does the Meany family produce with the return from the quarry?
5. Fill in the blank: Down by the riverside, Owen shouts, "He can hide from you, but he can't hide from _____ ."
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)