|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Finger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies on the evening of the Christmas performance?
(b) Mary Beth Baird.
(c) Katherine Keeling.
(d) Ginger Brinker-Smith.
2. What does Owen leave on Johnny's porch in an attempt at an apology?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A tin of homemade fudge.
(c) A drawing of the two boys together.
(d) His baseball cards.
3. How does Owen respond to Barb Wiggins' teasing?
(a) He becomes aroused.
(b) He doesn't even notice.
(c) He punches her in the face.
(d) He spits on her shoes.
4. Where does Johnny work in the summer of his first year at the University?
(a) At Old Freddy's.
(b) He doesn't have a job.
(c) At Gravesend Academy.
(d) At Meany Granite.
5. Where is Owen transferred upon graduation?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Owen looks forward to his future, what does he claim will be the unifying emotion of his generation?
2. How do the Meanys respond to the news of Owen's Christmas responsibilities?
3. What is Owen's defining physical characteristic?
4. What realization does Johnny make during the performance of "A Christmas Carol"?
5. What unusual stuffed animal is Dan Needham's gift to Johnny?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)