|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Voice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Brinker-Smiths enter the room that Owen and Johnny are investigating, where does Johnny hide?
(a) Behind the drapes.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) Behind the door.
(d) In the closet.
2. What role has Owen played every year in the Christmas pageant and swears that he will never play again?
(a) A wiseman.
(b) The Christ Child.
(d) An angel.
3. Who is Mr. Brinker-Smith?
(a) A pastor at Gravesend Church.
(b) A gravedigger at Gravesend Cemetary.
(c) A bellboy at Gravesend Hotel.
(d) A teacher at Gravesend Academy.
4. In which city did Johnny's mother meet his father?
(d) San Francisco.
5. How does Barb Wiggins tease Owen Meany?
(a) By completely ignoring him whenever he speaks.
(b) By pulling his hair and kicking his shins.
(c) With kisses and affectionate pats.
(d) With brutal name calling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the person praying at the grave believe is speaking to them?
2. Fill in the blank: Down by the riverside, Owen shouts, "He can hide from you, but he can't hide from _____ ."
3. What does Owen present to Dan and Tabitha as a wedding gift?
4. What does Dan believe will disappear once Owen begins his schooling at Gravesend?
5. What does the mother, whose son is killed in the Vietnam war, say about those who protest the war?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)