|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Voice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Owen feeling on the night of the Christmas pageant?
2. What does Owen say about the nuns?
(a) They're angels.
(b) They're beautiful.
(c) They're unnatural.
(d) They're horrible.
3. When Ms. Wheelwright makes the announcement that she has good news, what does her family assume?
(a) That she has a new job.
(b) That she is engaged.
(c) That she has won the lottery.
(d) That she is pregnant.
4. What happens when Owen and Hester are wrestling?
(a) The two children kiss.
(b) Hester breaks Owen's arm.
(c) Owen bites Hester's leg.
(d) Owen wets his pants.
5. How does Johnny respond to Owen's request to meet his cousins?
(a) He is excited to have all his friends together.
(b) He is worried that his cousins will like Owen better.
(c) He is embarrassed of Owen.
(d) He is angry that Owen wants more friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Owen believe could be the "certain prescence" in Dan Needham's play?
2. Where does Dan Needham live?
3. What does Dan believe will disappear once Owen begins his schooling at Gravesend?
4. Johnny's mother encourages Owen to switch what?
5. What is the name of the town in which this novel takes place?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)