|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6, The Voice.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the students typically lock Owen?
(a) In his locker.
(b) In the janitor's closet.
(c) In the gymnasium.
(d) In the bathroom.
2. Who does Owen say should not be left alone with Tabitha's dressmaking dummy?
(b) Dan Needham.
(c) Aunt Martha.
3. What do the boys throw at the statue of Mary Magdalene?
(b) Their shoes.
4. What does Owen call the column that he writes for the Gravesend newspaper?
(a) The Voice.
(b) The Gospel.
(c) The Truth.
(d) The Word.
5. What happens when Barb Wiggins loses control of the angel during the Christmas pageant?
(a) He crashes into the manger holding the Christ Child.
(b) He swings wildly, taking down the stars.
(c) He plummets into a free fall.
(d) He becomes terribly tangled in the ropes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Wheelwright (Johnny's grandmother) decide to purchase after the two major deaths of the year?
2. Which character carries the screaming Owen off stage?
3. Johnny's mother encourages Owen to switch what?
4. What does Owen think that the turtledoves in the Christmas pageant look like?
5. Who/what does Owen think that the nuns torture?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)