|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Little Lord Jesus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Johnny respond to Owen's request to meet his cousins?
(a) He is angry that Owen wants more friends.
(b) He is worried that his cousins will like Owen better.
(c) He is embarrassed of Owen.
(d) He is excited to have all his friends together.
2. What is Owen's defining physical characteristic?
(a) His skin color.
(b) His height.
(c) His hair color.
(d) His weight.
3. Who lets Owen's Christmas responsibilities slip to his parents?
(a) Dan Needham.
(b) Mr. Brinker-Smith.
(d) Mr. Morrison.
4. What does Johnny point to in Tabitha's room that Owen may have mistaken for something else?
(a) A storefront mannequin.
(b) A dressmaker's dummy.
(c) A ventriloquist dummy.
(d) A giant fabric doll.
5. When the Brinker-Smiths enter the room that Owen and Johnny are investigating, where does Owen hide?
(a) Behind the drapes.
(b) In the closet.
(c) Behind the door.
(d) Under the bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Johnny's initial reaction to his gift from Dan Needham?
2. How does Johnny swear he will die?
3. Whose ancestor founded the town in which the novel takes place?
4. Fill in the blank to the children's playtime chant: "Last one _____ has to kiss Hester the Molester!"
5. How are Johnny's cousins described?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)