|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Little Lord Jesus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Owen typically respond when Johnny comes home from visiting his cousins?
(a) He is happy that Johnny is spending time with his family.
(b) He is moody for a few days.
(c) He hasn't realized that Johnny was gone.
(d) He is excited to have Johnny back home.
2. What happens to the house of the mother whose son is killed in the Vietnam war?
(a) It is vandalized.
(b) It is cared for by neighbors.
(c) It becomes dilapitated.
(d) It becomes a magnificent garden.
3. How does Johnny swear he will die?
(a) As an Anglican.
(b) As a Baptist.
(c) As a Catholic.
(d) As an Agnostic.
4. Why is it impossible for any pitcher to strike Owen out playing baseball?
(a) Owen Meany crowds the plate.
(b) Owen Meany's strike zone is miniscule.
(c) There are no players who can actually pitch the ball.
(d) Owen Meany can hit any pitch.
5. Who does Johnny wish he knew the truth about?
(a) His father.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city did Johnny's mother meet his father?
2. Fill in the blank: "If he's got so much ________, he's in the wrong business."
3. Who lets Owen's Christmas responsibilities slip to his parents?
4. What do Johnny's cousins do with the hopes of drawing blood?
5. What does Owen think that the turtledoves in the Christmas pageant look like?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)