|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Little Lord Jesus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Brinker-Smith?
(a) A pastor at Gravesend Church.
(b) A teacher at Gravesend Academy.
(c) A gravedigger at Gravesend Cemetary.
(d) A bellboy at Gravesend Hotel.
2. What does Rev. Merrill say is the essence of true faith?
3. Whose ancestor founded the town in which the novel takes place?
(a) Harry Hoyt's.
(d) Dan Needham's.
4. What does Owen think that the turtledoves in the Christmas pageant look like?
5. How do the adolescent boys of Gravesend view Ginger?
(a) As a role-model.
(b) As a fantasy.
(c) As a figure of authority.
(d) As one of the boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town in which this novel takes place?
2. How does Johnny respond to Owen's request to meet his cousins?
3. Who lets Owen's Christmas responsibilities slip to his parents?
4. What does Owen present to Dan and Tabitha as a wedding gift?
5. Fill in the blank to the children's playtime chant: "Last one _____ has to kiss Hester the Molester!"
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)