|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Little Lord Jesus.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of quarry does the Meany family own?
2. Who is Mr. Brinker-Smith?
(a) A bellboy at Gravesend Hotel.
(b) A pastor at Gravesend Church.
(c) A gravedigger at Gravesend Cemetary.
(d) A teacher at Gravesend Academy.
3. Fill in the blank: In the first paragraph of the novel, Johnny says, "I am a ____ because of Owen Meany."
4. How do the Meanys respond to the news of Owen's Christmas responsibilities?
(a) They are impressed.
(b) They are furious.
(c) They are apathetic.
(d) They are saddened.
5. Between which two characters' homes does Johnny decide to divide his time?
(a) Owen's and Dan Needham's.
(b) Aunt Martha's and his grandmother's.
(c) Aunt Martha's and Owen's.
(d) Dan Needham's and his grandmother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Owen leave on Johnny's porch in an attempt at an apology?
2. In Sunday school, who does Owen claim to be escaping?
3. How does Owen respond to the news that his parents are aware of his Christmas responsibilities?
4. What does the mother, whose son is killed in the Vietnam war, say about those who protest the war?
5. What does Owen think that the turtledoves in the Christmas pageant look like?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)