|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Angel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rev. Merrill say is the essence of true faith?
2. Which boy always ends up having to kiss "Hester the Molester"?
3. What/who does Owen say is in Tabitha's room with her?
(a) The devil.
(b) An angel.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A monster.
4. Who is Lydia?
(a) Johnny's cousin.
(b) The Meany's housekeeper.
(c) Johnny's neighbor.
(d) The Wheelwright's housekeeper.
5. Between which two characters' homes does Johnny decide to divide his time?
(a) Dan Needham's and his grandmother's.
(b) Aunt Martha's and Owen's.
(c) Owen's and Dan Needham's.
(d) Aunt Martha's and his grandmother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Owen referred to in the text?
2. In what has Dan Needham wrapped Johnny's present?
3. How does Johnny respond to Owen's request to meet his cousins?
4. Who takes the dressmaking dummy from Tabitha's bedroom?
5. Whose religious doubts does Johnny appreciate?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)