|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Angel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the person praying at the grave believe is speaking to them?
(a) A spirit.
(b) An angel.
(d) Tabby's ghost.
2. What is heard in the background of Ms. Wheelwright's funeral?
(a) A baseball game.
(b) A massive car wreck.
(c) A choir singing.
(d) A train whistling in the distance.
3. What does Owen present to Dan and Tabitha as a wedding gift?
(a) A Shakespearean sonnet.
(b) His baseball card collection.
(c) A piece of granite.
(d) The stuffed armadillo.
4. What happens when Owen and Hester are wrestling?
(a) Hester breaks Owen's arm.
(b) Owen wets his pants.
(c) The two children kiss.
(d) Owen bites Hester's leg.
5. In which country does Johnny live as an adult?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town in which this novel takes place?
2. In chapter 3, why does Owen enter Tabitha's bedroom?
3. How is Owen referred to in the text?
4. Fill in the blank: Down by the riverside, Owen shouts, "He can hide from you, but he can't hide from _____ ."
5. In what has Dan Needham wrapped Johnny's present?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)