|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Armadillo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Owen claim God has taken from him to make him God's instrument?
(a) His instrument.
(b) His God.
(c) His hands.
(d) His mother.
2. How does Owen typically respond when Johnny comes home from visiting his cousins?
(a) He is moody for a few days.
(b) He is excited to have Johnny back home.
(c) He hasn't realized that Johnny was gone.
(d) He is happy that Johnny is spending time with his family.
3. What product does the Meany family produce with the return from the quarry?
(d) Stained glass windows.
4. Which character was referred to as "the little doll"?
(a) Ms. Wheelwright.
(b) Owen Meany.
(c) Johnny Wheelwright.
(d) Dan Needham.
5. What is Owen's defining physical characteristic?
(a) His skin color.
(b) His weight.
(c) His height.
(d) His hair color.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Owen's murder weapon?
2. How old was Johnny when his mother died?
3. Fill in the blank: In the first paragraph of the novel, Johnny says, "I am a ____ because of Owen Meany."
4. Which President wrote the "State of the Union Message" that Johnny reads as an adult?
5. What is Johnny's initial reaction to his gift from Dan Needham?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)