|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Armadillo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the blank: In the first paragraph of the novel, Johnny says, "I am a ____ because of Owen Meany."
2. How does Johnny respond to Owen's request to meet his cousins?
(a) He is excited to have all his friends together.
(b) He is worried that his cousins will like Owen better.
(c) He is angry that Owen wants more friends.
(d) He is embarrassed of Owen.
3. As an adult, what does Johnny think will hold human's responsible for their actions?
(c) An individual's conscience.
4. What happened to Owen after the murder?
(a) He went to prison.
(b) Life went on as normal.
(c) He denied everything.
(d) He disappeared.
5. How does Johnny swear he will die?
(a) As an Anglican.
(b) As a Baptist.
(c) As an Agnostic.
(d) As a Catholic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose ancestor founded the town in which the novel takes place?
2. Which sport is Owen passionate about?
3. What does Owen leave on Johnny's porch in an attempt at an apology?
4. How is Owen referred to in the text?
5. What unusual stuffed animal is Dan Needham's gift to Johnny?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)