|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Armadillo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fill in the blank to the children's playtime chant: "Last one _____ has to kiss Hester the Molester!"
(a) To the tree.
(b) To the house.
(c) In the car.
(d) In the lake.
2. What must Owen endure from his fellow classmates?
3. How does Johnny swear he will die?
(a) As a Baptist.
(b) As an Agnostic.
(c) As a Catholic.
(d) As an Anglican.
4. Who is Lydia?
(a) Johnny's cousin.
(b) The Wheelwright's housekeeper.
(c) Johnny's neighbor.
(d) The Meany's housekeeper.
5. How is Owen referred to in the text?
(a) As a martyr.
(b) As a villain.
(c) As a hero.
(d) As a bully.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fill in the blank: In the first paragraph of the novel, Johnny says, "I am a ____ because of Owen Meany."
2. In which city did Johnny's mother meet his father?
3. Who does Owen inadvertently murder?
4. How does Johnny respond to Owen's request to meet his cousins?
5. What part of Johnny's stuffed animal did Owen remove?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)