|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Armadillo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Dan Needham described?
(a) As unintelligent.
(b) As handsome.
(c) As awkward.
(d) As charming.
2. Who is the narrator of the novel?
(a) Tabitha Wheelwright.
(c) An unnamed narrator.
3. Why is it impossible for any pitcher to strike Owen out playing baseball?
(a) Owen Meany crowds the plate.
(b) There are no players who can actually pitch the ball.
(c) Owen Meany's strike zone is miniscule.
(d) Owen Meany can hit any pitch.
4. Fill in the blank: In the first paragraph of the novel, Johnny says, "I am a ____ because of Owen Meany."
5. Who does Johnny wish he knew the truth about?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Johnny when his mother died?
2. What product does the Meany family produce with the return from the quarry?
3. When Ms. Wheelwright makes the announcement that she has good news, what does her family assume?
4. Which character was referred to as "the little doll"?
5. Fill in the blank to the children's playtime chant: "Last one _____ has to kiss Hester the Molester!"
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)