|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Armadillo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Owen leave on Johnny's porch in an attempt at an apology?
(a) His baseball cards.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A drawing of the two boys together.
(d) A tin of homemade fudge.
2. How is Dan Needham described?
(a) As handsome.
(b) As awkward.
(c) As unintelligent.
(d) As charming.
3. Fill in the blank to the children's playtime chant: "Last one _____ has to kiss Hester the Molester!"
(a) In the lake.
(b) To the house.
(c) To the tree.
(d) In the car.
4. What is Johnny's initial reaction to his gift from Dan Needham?
(a) He is terrified.
(b) He is disappointed.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is excited.
5. What product does the Meany family produce with the return from the quarry?
(a) Stained glass windows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unusual stuffed animal is Dan Needham's gift to Johnny?
2. What type of quarry does the Meany family own?
3. How does Owen typically respond when Johnny comes home from visiting his cousins?
4. How is Owen referred to in the text?
5. When Ms. Wheelwright makes the announcement that she has good news, what does her family assume?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)