|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Armadillo.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Johnny's mother's name?
2. Who does Owen inadvertently murder?
(b) His parents.
(c) The Sunday school teacher.
(d) Tabitha Wheelwright.
3. As an adult, what does Johnny think will hold human's responsible for their actions?
(a) An individual's conscience.
4. Who is the narrator of the novel?
(a) An unnamed narrator.
(b) Tabitha Wheelwright.
5. Which character was referred to as "the little doll"?
(a) Ms. Wheelwright.
(b) Owen Meany.
(c) Dan Needham.
(d) Johnny Wheelwright.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it impossible for any pitcher to strike Owen out playing baseball?
2. Fill in the blank: In the first paragraph of the novel, Johnny says, "I am a ____ because of Owen Meany."
3. What happens when Owen and Hester are wrestling?
4. What type of quarry does the Meany family own?
5. How does Owen typically respond when Johnny comes home from visiting his cousins?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)