|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Finger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which city did Johnny's mother meet his father?
(a) San Francisco.
2. Who is the narrator of the novel?
(c) Tabitha Wheelwright.
(d) An unnamed narrator.
3. How do the adolescent boys of Gravesend view Ginger?
(a) As a role-model.
(b) As one of the boys.
(c) As a figure of authority.
(d) As a fantasy.
4. What does Owen call the nuns?
5. Why is it impossible for any pitcher to strike Owen out playing baseball?
(a) Owen Meany can hit any pitch.
(b) Owen Meany's strike zone is miniscule.
(c) There are no players who can actually pitch the ball.
(d) Owen Meany crowds the plate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Johnny's mother encourages Owen to switch what?
2. What is it about Owen that fascinates the person from Tabitha's past?
3. What happens to Johnny's grades in his first year at the University?
4. What did Tabitha purchase from the store in Boston called Jerrolds?
5. Who is the congregational pastor?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)