|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Finger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Owen want to repeat the ninth grade?
(a) Because he is fearful that he won't be able to keep up.
(b) Because he wants to experience all of high school.
(c) Because he wishes to excel higher than the other students.
(d) Because Johnny also has to.
2. Who asks Johnny to reevaluate his future, saying that he doesn't have much time?
(a) Ginger Brinker-Smith.
(b) Hester Eastman.
(c) Dan Needham.
3. What does Owen call the nuns?
4. What is heard in the background of Ms. Wheelwright's funeral?
(a) A choir singing.
(b) A massive car wreck.
(c) A train whistling in the distance.
(d) A baseball game.
5. How does Barb Wiggins tease Owen Meany?
(a) By completely ignoring him whenever he speaks.
(b) With brutal name calling.
(c) With kisses and affectionate pats.
(d) By pulling his hair and kicking his shins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role has Owen played every year in the Christmas pageant and swears that he will never play again?
2. Why is it impossible for any pitcher to strike Owen out playing baseball?
3. How does Owen typically respond when Johnny comes home from visiting his cousins?
4. Fill in the blank: "If he's got so much ________, he's in the wrong business."
5. Who is the congregational pastor?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)