|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Finger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies on the evening of the Christmas performance?
(a) Ginger Brinker-Smith.
(b) Mary Beth Baird.
(d) Katherine Keeling.
2. What happens when Owen and Hester are wrestling?
(a) Owen wets his pants.
(b) Hester breaks Owen's arm.
(c) Owen bites Hester's leg.
(d) The two children kiss.
3. When Ms. Wheelwright makes the announcement that she has good news, what does her family assume?
(a) That she is engaged.
(b) That she has a new job.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That she has won the lottery.
4. When Owen repeats the line, "God has taken your mother. My hands were the instrument. God has taken my hands. I am God's instrument," how does Johnny respond?
(a) He drops Owen.
(b) He kicks Owen.
(c) He hugs Owen.
(d) He punches Owen.
5. For his new sport, Owen has perfected a new skill. How long does he give himself to perform this new skill?
(a) Four seconds.
(b) Four minutes.
(c) Fourteen minutes.
(d) Fourteen seconds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the adolescent boys of Gravesend view Ginger?
2. Which character is creating and selling fake draft cards?
3. What does Johnny not know how to do that most boys his age can?
4. What does Johnny believe makes Owen attractive to girls?
5. What type of quarry does the Meany family own?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)