|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Finger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unusual article of clothing is Owen wearing when Johnny arrives?
(a) Wooden shoes.
(b) An apron.
(c) A pair of overalls.
(d) A woolen scarf.
2. For his new sport, Owen has perfected a new skill. How long does he give himself to perform this new skill?
(a) Fourteen minutes.
(b) Fourteen seconds.
(c) Four seconds.
(d) Four minutes.
3. What did Tabitha purchase from the store in Boston called Jerrolds?
(a) Johnny's confirmation gown.
(b) Her red dress.
(c) Her wedding dress.
(d) Her sewing dummy.
4. What does Owen write in an attempt to coax Johnny's father out of hiding?
(a) A poem.
(b) A play.
(c) A short story.
(d) An article.
5. What does Owen say before he makes the cut on Johnny?
(a) I do this in the name of the Father.
(b) Just think of this as my little gift to you.
(c) This way we'll always be together.
(d) This pains me more than it does you.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which President wrote the "State of the Union Message" that Johnny reads as an adult?
2. Which sport is Owen passionate about?
3. Where does Owen ask Johnny to meet him?
4. After what event does Owen ask Johnny to wait for him?
5. What is Owen's murder weapon?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)