|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, The Finger.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character was referred to as "the little doll"?
(a) Dan Needham.
(b) Johnny Wheelwright.
(c) Owen Meany.
(d) Ms. Wheelwright.
2. What does the mother, whose son is killed in the Vietnam war, say about those who protest the war?
(a) That they ARE un-patriotic.
(b) That they should be sent to the war.
(c) That they should be prayed for.
(d) That they are NOT un-patriotic.
3. Fill in the blank to the children's playtime chant: "Last one _____ has to kiss Hester the Molester!"
(a) In the car.
(b) In the lake.
(c) To the tree.
(d) To the house.
4. As an adult, who is Johnny's best friend?
(b) Hester Eastman.
(c) Canon Mackie.
(d) Katherine Keeling.
5. Who dies on the evening of the Christmas performance?
(a) Mary Beth Baird.
(c) Katherine Keeling.
(d) Ginger Brinker-Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ms. Wheelwright meet her new boyfriend?
2. Between which two characters' homes does Johnny decide to divide his time?
3. When Owen sees his parents in the audience, what does he shout from the stage?
4. What does Owen think that the turtledoves in the Christmas pageant look like?
5. What product does the Meany family produce with the return from the quarry?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)