|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Angel.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Johnny swear he will die?
(a) As a Baptist.
(b) As an Anglican.
(c) As a Catholic.
(d) As an Agnostic.
2. What is Johnny's mother's name?
3. Who does Johnny wish he knew the truth about?
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
4. In chapter 3, why does Owen enter Tabitha's bedroom?
(a) Because he is searching for a blanket.
(b) Because he is feeling sick.
(c) Because he is looking for Johnny.
(d) Because he has a bad dream.
5. What does Owen claim God has taken from him to make him God's instrument?
(a) His instrument.
(b) His mother.
(c) His God.
(d) His hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose ancestor founded the town in which the novel takes place?
2. When Ms. Wheelwright makes the announcement that she has good news, what does her family assume?
3. What does Owen leave on Johnny's porch in an attempt at an apology?
4. Fill in the blank to the children's playtime chant: "Last one _____ has to kiss Hester the Molester!"
5. Why is it impossible for any pitcher to strike Owen out playing baseball?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)