|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Ghost of the Future.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Owen respond when Dan suggests that he invite his parents to the play performance?
(a) He says "yes."
(b) He is unsure whether his parents will want to come.
(c) He is unsure how they will respond to the play's subject matter.
(d) He says "no."
2. In chapter 3, why does Owen enter Tabitha's bedroom?
(a) Because he is searching for a blanket.
(b) Because he is feeling sick.
(c) Because he has a bad dream.
(d) Because he is looking for Johnny.
3. Whose ancestor founded the town in which the novel takes place?
(a) Dan Needham's.
(b) Harry Hoyt's.
4. Who is Canon Mackie?
(a) A co-worker of Dan Needham.
(b) A friend of Owen.
(c) A friend of Johnny.
(d) A neighbor of Aunt Martha.
5. What must Owen endure from his fellow classmates?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town in which this novel takes place?
2. Which sport is Owen passionate about?
3. What realization does Johnny make during the performance of "A Christmas Carol"?
4. What product does the Meany family produce with the return from the quarry?
5. What does the mother, whose son is killed in the Vietnam war, say about those who protest the war?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)