|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Ghost of the Future.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Johnny's stuffed animal did Owen remove?
(a) Its legs.
(b) Its claws.
(c) Its eyes.
(d) Its nose.
2. How does Owen respond when Dan suggests that he invite his parents to the play performance?
(a) He says "yes."
(b) He is unsure whether his parents will want to come.
(c) He is unsure how they will respond to the play's subject matter.
(d) He says "no."
3. Whose lines does Owen loudly whisper after the actor has forgotten them?
(a) Dan Needham's.
(b) Harold Crosby's.
(d) Barb Wiggins'.
4. What role does Owen cast himself as in the Christmas pageant?
(a) The Christ Child.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) A wiseman.
5. What does Rev. Merrill say is the essence of true faith?
Short Answer Questions
1. On the night of the Christmas play, which character is hinted to be able to see the future?
2. What is the name of the town in which this novel takes place?
3. Whose ancestor founded the town in which the novel takes place?
4. What is Johnny's mother's name?
5. Fill in the blank to the children's playtime chant: "Last one _____ has to kiss Hester the Molester!"
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)