|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Ghost of the Future.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it impossible for any pitcher to strike Owen out playing baseball?
(a) Owen Meany can hit any pitch.
(b) Owen Meany's strike zone is miniscule.
(c) Owen Meany crowds the plate.
(d) There are no players who can actually pitch the ball.
2. How many pastors were present at the wedding of Dan and Tabitha?
3. What/who does Owen say is in Tabitha's room with her?
(a) A ghost.
(b) The devil.
(c) A monster.
(d) An angel.
4. What does the mother, whose son is killed in the Vietnam war, say about those who protest the war?
(a) That they should be sent to the war.
(b) That they should be prayed for.
(c) That they are NOT un-patriotic.
(d) That they ARE un-patriotic.
5. Who does Owen say should not be left alone with Tabitha's dressmaking dummy?
(a) Aunt Martha.
(b) Dan Needham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ms. Wheelwright meet her new boyfriend?
2. What does Dan think is the ultimate message that Owen was trying to send with the stuffed animal?
3. When the Brinker-Smiths enter the room that Owen and Johnny are investigating, where does Johnny hide?
4. How does Johnny swear he will die?
5. What is the name of the town in which this novel takes place?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)