|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, The Ghost of the Future.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Barb Wiggins loses control of the angel during the Christmas pageant?
(a) He becomes terribly tangled in the ropes.
(b) He crashes into the manger holding the Christ Child.
(c) He swings wildly, taking down the stars.
(d) He plummets into a free fall.
2. Who is Lydia?
(a) The Wheelwright's housekeeper.
(b) The Meany's housekeeper.
(c) Johnny's cousin.
(d) Johnny's neighbor.
3. How does Owen respond when Dan suggests that he invite his parents to the play performance?
(a) He says "no."
(b) He is unsure how they will respond to the play's subject matter.
(c) He is unsure whether his parents will want to come.
(d) He says "yes."
4. What does Owen think that the turtledoves in the Christmas pageant look like?
5. Which play is Dan Needham directing?
(a) The Christmas Pageant.
(b) The Sound of Music.
(c) A Christmas Carol.
(d) Peter Pan.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ms. Wheelwright makes the announcement that she has good news, what does her family assume?
2. Who does Owen attempt to convince to keep his role in Dan Needham's play?
3. Fill in the blank: In the first paragraph of the novel, Johnny says, "I am a ____ because of Owen Meany."
4. In chapter 3, why does Owen enter Tabitha's bedroom?
5. How does Owen typically respond when Johnny comes home from visiting his cousins?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)