|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Dream.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In chapter 3, why does Owen enter Tabitha's bedroom?
(a) Because he has a bad dream.
(b) Because he is looking for Johnny.
(c) Because he is feeling sick.
(d) Because he is searching for a blanket.
2. What is Hester protesting?
(a) The new headmaster.
(c) Being kicked out of school.
(d) The Vietnam War.
3. When Owen repeats the line, "God has taken your mother. My hands were the instrument. God has taken my hands. I am God's instrument," how does Johnny respond?
(a) He drops Owen.
(b) He kicks Owen.
(c) He punches Owen.
(d) He hugs Owen.
4. Who is Canon Mackie?
(a) A friend of Johnny.
(b) A co-worker of Dan Needham.
(c) A neighbor of Aunt Martha.
(d) A friend of Owen.
5. For his new sport, Owen needs a partner to help him. Who does he choose?
(a) Dan Needham.
(b) Harry Hoyt.
(c) Hester Eastman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Tabitha claim she could not return the item she purchased back to Jerrolds?
2. Which character carries the screaming Owen off stage?
3. Between which two characters' homes does Johnny decide to divide his time?
4. How is the audience for Dan Needham's play affected by Owen's performance in the Christmas pageant?
5. What happens when Barb Wiggins loses control of the angel during the Christmas pageant?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)