|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boat that will take Avey to Carriacou?
(a) Partin' the Waters.
(b) Angel's Wings.
(d) Emmanuel C.
2. What holiday does Avey recall spending with one of her daughters?
(d) Fourth of July.
3. What is Avey doing at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Talking to a fruit vendor.
(b) Buying sunscreen.
(c) Packing her clothes.
(d) Waiting for a boat.
4. What is the name of the ship that would take Avey, as a girl, on the trips to Bear Mountain with her family and friends?
(a) Poughkeepsie Paddler.
(b) Old Mac.
(c) Hudson River Lines.
(d) Robert Fulton.
5. What is Avey dreaming of prior to waking?
(a) Swimming in the ocean.
(b) Walking through a forest.
(c) Dancing with Jay.
(d) A baby whose diaper needs changing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Avey recall envisioning binding the group members of her girlhood trips?
2. Avey says that her mind is now as empty as ____________________.
3. Where does Avery recall going as a girl on family trips?
4. Which of the following does Avey do when she has a meltdown on the hotel room balcony?
5. What color is the dress Avey wears for the evening?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Rosalie Parvay and how does Avey meet her?
2. What is Lebert's interest in determining Avey's tribe?
3. What is Juba and what might it mean for Avey?
4. Of what did Avey live in denial during the 1960s and 1970s regarding her heritage?
5. How does Avey meet Lebert Joseph?
6. Describe Avey's behavior on the beach.
7. What does Avey reminisce about her father and family trips as she is waiting on the dock?
8. How does Avey know she has come back to herself?
9. What does Lebert regard Avey as and how does he convince her to go to the island with him?
10. What is revealed about the women on the boat by the way they care for Avey?
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)