|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Avey approach Jay on the question of infidelity?
2. Which of the following is a normal element of Avey and Jay's marriage?
3. What was the name of the place where Avey's ancestors had been delivered as slaves?
(a) Les Miserables.
(b) The Landing.
(c) The Sorrows.
(d) Dock of Tears.
4. Who is Avey's oldest daughter?
5. What is Avey looking for as Chapter 5 begins?
(c) Plane ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. During their argument Avey can see that Jay desperately wants ______________.
2. Who is the sad friend who accompanies Avey on the cruise?
3. Avey had a dream about her ______________.
4. Who does Avey dream of during her first night at the hotel?
5. Why had Jay and Avey moved into the tiny bedroom in the apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Avey try to sort out the mess she seems to be in at the harbor?
2. Who is Clarice and how does she react to Avey's wanting to leave the cruise?
3. What was Jay's response to Avey's hysterics?
4. What legend did Great Aunt Cuney tell Avey about the African Ibos?
5. What does Avey learn from the taxi driver about what all the commotion is about with the people at the harbor?
6. How challenging is it for Avey to find a quiet place on the ship where she can sort out her thoughts?
7. How does the author use a flashback to show the beginnings of Avey's discomfort on the cruise ship?
8. Who is Thomasina and how does she react to Avey's wanting to leave the cruise?
9. What is the premise of this novel?
10. How did Jay and Avey's life begin to take a turn for the better?
This section contains 1,045 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)