|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the bossy friend who has accompanied Avey on the cruise?
(a) Thomasina Moore.
(b) Theodora Morrison.
(c) Thelma Moore.
(d) Thandie Moore.
2. What is Avey's formal name?
3. Where had Jay enjoyed visiting during the summers when they were younger?
(a) New Jersey shore.
(d) Coney Island.
4. What is Thomasina's reaction when she sees Avey packed and waiting to leave?
5. Which culture is Avey reminded of when she sees her hotel?
6. What did Great Aunt Cuney do that would get her tossed out of the dances?
(a) Drank too much wine.
(b) Swore at the musicians.
(c) Crossed her ankles while dancing.
(d) Flirted with married men.
7. Avey had a dream about her ______________.
(a) Great Aunt Cuney.
8. What kind of course did Jay pay for with his GI benefits?
(b) Auto mechanics.
9. Who does Avey dream of during her first night at the hotel?
(a) Her husband.
(d) Great Aunt Cuney.
10. Who is the main character in the novel?
(a) Amy Johnson.
(b) Ava Johnson.
(c) Avey Johnson.
(d) Avery Johnson.
11. How old was Sis when she tried to get her parents to stop fighting?
12. What was Avey's personality as a girl?
13. How was Avey dressed in the dream with Great Aunt Cuney?
(a) Fur stole and pearls.
(b) Hospital gown.
(c) Halloween costume.
(d) Evening gown.
14. In a vision Avey's husband says she is being too careless with _______________.
15. What did Avey fix for her family on Sunday mornings?
(c) Coffee cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following disturbs Avey about the people she sees on the ship?
2. What was one of Jay's jobs?
3. How many jobs did Jay work?
4. What was the name of the dining room where Avey encounters the peach parfait?
5. On what island is Avey's hotel located?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)