|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which culture is Avey reminded of when she sees her hotel?
2. What is Avey's personality as an adult?
3. Who is Avey's youngest daughter?
4. What position is Jay able to secure after he attains his college degree?
(c) Sales Manager.
5. Why did Avey try to have a miscarriage when she was pregnant with Marion?
(a) Avey's health was at risk.
(b) Avey was a single parent.
(c) Avey was just a teenager.
(d) They could not afford another child.
6. Who is the sad friend who accompanies Avey on the cruise?
7. What was the name of the museum Avey saw?
8. During their argument Avey can see that Jay desperately wants ______________.
(a) To go to sleep.
(b) A beer.
(c) To leave her.
(d) To hit her.
9. What was the name of the social events attended by Avey and Great Aunt Cuney?
(a) Sadie Hawkins dances.
(b) Mardi Gras.
(d) Ring Shouts.
10. When did Avey last have a dream about her Great Aunt Cuney?
(a) The 1950s.
(b) The 1940s.
(c) The 1960s.
(d) The 1970s.
11. Of what does Avey suspect her husband?
(b) Doing drugs.
(d) Being unfaithful to her.
12. Which of the following does Thomasina NOT tell Avey about Avey's change of plans?
(a) It will be miserable.
(b) It will be expensive.
(c) She is jealous of her.
(d) It is an awful thing to do.
13. What would Jay and Avey eat after they pretended they had a night on the town?
(a) Chicken and pancakes.
(c) Leftover casseroles.
(d) Burgers and fries.
14. How is Avey's hotel room furnished?
(a) French Country.
15. What is Avey looking for as Chapter 5 begins?
(c) Plane ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what do Jay and Avey become obsessed in their lives now?
2. How old was Sis when she tried to get her parents to stop fighting?
3. What are all the people at the harbor doing?
4. Where had Jay enjoyed visiting during the summers when they were younger?
5. Where is Avey as Chapter 5 begins?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)