|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the dining room where Avey encounters the peach parfait?
(a) The Versailles Room.
(b) The Marlowe Room.
(c) The Brittannia Dining Room.
(d) The DuBarry Room.
2. Why does Avey feel guilty in Chapter 5?
(a) She bought a dress she couldn't afford.
(b) She ate too much for dinner.
(c) She was rude to a porter.
(d) She ruined the trip for her friends.
3. On what street did Avey live with her husband?
(a) Halsey Street.
(b) Harmon Drive.
(c) Halsted Street.
(d) Hammond Lane.
4. Avey's daughter, Marion, wanted her mother to take a trip where ______________________.
(a) She could learn something.
(b) She could meet eligible men.
(c) She could relax.
(d) She could do some sightseeing.
5. What is Thomasina's reaction when she sees Avey packed and waiting to leave?
6. What is the name of the island where all the native people are going?
(a) Cockatoo Island.
(b) Cumanjou Island.
(c) Caracas Island.
(d) Carriacou Island.
7. What was the name of the cruise ship Avey was on?
(a) Bianca Pride.
(b) The Brittannia.
(c) La Paloma Blanca.
(d) Royal Caribbean.
8. What does the taxi driver help Avey to do in Chapter 6?
(a) Find a hotel.
(b) Buy passage to Africa.
(c) Find a souvenir shop.
(d) Arrange her flight.
9. What did Jay do to try to prove to Avey that he was working two jobs and not being unfaithful?
(a) Had his bosses call her.
(b) Let her call him at work.
(c) Brought her his unopened paychecks.
(d) Let her drop him off at work.
10. What beverage does Avey plan to enjoy on her flight home?
(b) Tomato juice.
(c) Gin and tonic.
(d) White wine.
11. With what dessert does Avey begin to be uncomfortable on the cruise ship?
(a) Peach parfait.
(b) Raspberry tart.
(d) Chocolate sundae.
12. What was Avey's husband's name?
13. Who is the main character in the novel?
(a) Avey Johnson.
(b) Avery Johnson.
(c) Amy Johnson.
(d) Ava Johnson.
14. What was Avey's personality as a girl?
15. Who is the sad friend who accompanies Avey on the cruise?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the native people leave for the tiny island every year?
2. What element of Jay's appearance was his signature style?
3. Where did Jay and Avey imagine they were when they danced in the Halsey Street apartment?
4. How was Avey dressed in the dream with Great Aunt Cuney?
5. Where does Avey finally find some peace and quiet on board the ship?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)