|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part IV: The Beg Pardon; Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings Avey back to reality on the beach?
(a) The tide is coming in.
(b) The need for shade and water.
(c) She hears someone call her name.
(d) She is hit by a beachball.
2. Whose transformation began in Chapter 3?
(b) Great Aunt Cuney.
3. What does Avey think as she surveys her body?
(a) She is looking good for her age.
(b) She could stand to lose a few pounds.
(c) She has to get back to the gym.
(d) The moments of her life that marked it.
4. Where is Avey's current home?
(c) White Plains.
5. What does Avey recall about Jerome's face as he lay in his casket?
(a) She could not look at him in his casket.
(b) She wished he had kept the mustache.
(c) She didn't recognize him.
(d) She thought he was still handsome.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Avey's family go to Bear Mountain when she was a girl?
2. In what type of building does Avey take shelter?
3. With what dessert does Avey begin to be uncomfortable on the cruise ship?
4. What is Avey's personality as an adult?
5. About what does Avey reflect on in Chapter 5?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)