|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Sleeper's Wake; Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Avey's daughter, Marion, wanted her mother to take a trip where ______________________.
(a) She could do some sightseeing.
(b) She could meet eligible men.
(c) She could relax.
(d) She could learn something.
2. On what day of the week do Avey and Jay had their life-altering argument about his infidelity?
3. What did Great Aunt Cuney do that would get her tossed out of the dances?
(a) Drank too much wine.
(b) Swore at the musicians.
(c) Flirted with married men.
(d) Crossed her ankles while dancing.
4. What did Avey fix for her family on Sunday mornings?
(c) Coffee cake.
5. Why does Avey feel guilty in Chapter 5?
(a) She ruined the trip for her friends.
(b) She was rude to a porter.
(c) She bought a dress she couldn't afford.
(d) She ate too much for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Thomasina NOT tell Avey about Avey's change of plans?
2. What did Jay use to unwind at night?
3. What happened to the taxi driver because he did not participate in the annual island ritual?
4. During their argument Avey can see that Jay desperately wants ______________.
5. Which culture is Avey reminded of when she sees her hotel?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)