|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I: Runagate; Chapters 5-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the African people who walked on water to escape bondage?
2. What was the name of the dining room where Avey encounters the peach parfait?
(a) The DuBarry Room.
(b) The Marlowe Room.
(c) The Brittannia Dining Room.
(d) The Versailles Room.
3. In what state is Tatem Island located?
(b) North Carolina.
(d) South Carolina.
4. What was the name of the place where Avey's ancestors had been delivered as slaves?
(a) Les Miserables.
(b) Dock of Tears.
(c) The Sorrows.
(d) The Landing.
5. Who is Avey's youngest daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Avey Johnson doing as the novel opens?
2. What language do the people at the harbor speak?
3. Why does Avey feel guilty in Chapter 5?
4. Which of the following does NOT describe Avey's hotel on the island?
5. What is Avey's formal name?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)