|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II: Sleeper's Wake; Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their argument Avey can see that Jay desperately wants ______________.
(a) A beer.
(b) To leave her.
(c) To hit her.
(d) To go to sleep.
2. What did Jay read to the girls on Sunday mornings?
(a) Black poetry.
(b) The Sunday paper.
(d) The Bible.
3. What is the time period of Avey's cruise?
(a) Early 1960s.
(b) Late 1970s.
(c) Early 1990s.
(d) Late 2000s.
4. How was Avey dressed in the dream with Great Aunt Cuney?
(a) Evening gown.
(b) Fur stole and pearls.
(c) Hospital gown.
(d) Halloween costume.
5. Why did Avey's grandson cry on Christmas?
(a) He didn't want the day to be over.
(b) He didn't get the gift he most wanted.
(c) He got hit in they eye while bouncing a new basketball.
(d) He broke his truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jay react to Avey's reproaches about infidelity?
2. Where is Avey as she reminisces about the days in the Halsey Street apartment?
3. In what state is Tatem Island located?
4. On what day of the week do Avey and Jay had their life-altering argument about his infidelity?
5. Where does Avey finally find some peace and quiet on board the ship?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)