|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Kylie inadvertently make a cake?
2. Where does Kylie run when two men are chasing her?
(a) The police station.
(b) The ice cream parlor where Antonia works.
(c) The library.
(d) Gideon's house.
3. How well does Gideon know the man his mother is to marry?
(a) He has never seen the man.
(b) He has only met him a couple of times.
(c) He knows him fairly well, the man teaches at Gideon's school.
(d) He is like an uncle.
4. What does the letter to Gillian from Sally look like when the postman delivers it?
(a) No stamp and open envelope.
(b) Pristine, like it was mailed yesterday.
(c) It is in a hot pink envelope.
(d) It is coated in brown mud.
5. How did Gary's parents die?
(a) Plane crash.
(c) Shot in a robbery gone bad.
(d) Car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sally tell Gary she feels like physically?
2. What does Kylie tell Gillian about the coming summer?
3. What does Gillian decide to attend?
4. What does a toad spit out in the kitchen?
5. What does Gillian do with Buddy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sally become enraged at Gillian for something Gillian says about Sally's daughters?
2. What does Ben tell Gillian about her abilities and what does she do as the result of his opinion?
3. What do Gillian and Sally want to do with the thorns in the backyard and what does Kylie say about their plan?
4. Who is at the aunts' house for Thanksgiving and what does the letter they receive say?
5. What were the rumors about Maria and why did they start?
6. What do Sally and Gillian learn about Irene and how does this make them feel?
7. What do Gillian and Sally do when Gary leaves and why?
8. Why does Kylie play pranks on Ben and Gillian and what are those pranks?
9. What is the first thing Sally does when Gary comes and sits in her car?
10. What does Kylie feel about going to her aunts that summer?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)