|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes up to Sally in class one day?
(a) Her aunt's black cats.
(b) Her puppy.
(c) Her raccoon.
(d) Her gerbil.
2. Who does Kylie say she wants to be like?
3. What grows in the garden where Sally and Gillian bury something?
4. How many times have Gillian and Sally seen each other in the past 18 years?
5. How does Gillian say she feels towards her boyfriend?
(a) Terribly angry.
(b) Crazy in love like a woman on a love potion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gillian light a black candle and repeat a phrase three times?
2. Who is Irene?
3. What does Sally find herself feeling lately?
4. What does Antonia say to Kylie when they are together?
5. What is nightshade?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gillian learn about Ben and how do the other women in town feel about him?
2. What does Gillian tell Sally about her boyfriend, Jimmy?
3. Why does Irene want the aunts to undo what they did for her and what do they do to her when they tell her they can't?
4. What do Sally and Gillian swear to each other and why do they swear it?
5. What do the children in the town mothers do?
6. How does Kylie react to the birthday gift from her mother and the one from Gillian and what does Sally tell Gillian about Kylie?
7. What do Sally and Gillian do with Jimmy and what happens immediately after they do it?
8. Who does Sally marry, what children does she have and what are those children like?
9. What does Kylie see in the back yard and what ability does she have and what problems does her ability cause?
10. What happens in school that makes the children believe Sally is a witch?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)