|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Sally strive concerning her daughters?
(a) For the two girls to continue to get along really well with each other.
(b) For them to get good enough grades for scholarships.
(c) To have a normal home life.
(d) For them to get along without their father who left them the year before.
2. What does Antonia say to Kylie when they are together?
(b) Rude remarks.
(c) She ties to teach Kylie better social skills.
(d) She constantly compliments Kylie.
3. What must Sally and Gillian Owens do?
(a) Go to boarding school.
(b) Move to another country with their mother and new stepfather.
(c) Part after the end of the school year.
(d) Go live with aunts.
4. How old is Kylie?
5. What is something Jet and Frances never tell Sally and Gillian?
(a) The circumstances of their parents' death.
(b) About the secret passages in their home.
(c) To brush their teeth.
(d) About the secret passages in the woods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Scott think differently of Antonia?
2. What does Sally find herself feeling lately?
3. About what is Antonia beginning to have doubts?
4. What advice does Sally give Ben?
5. How do Sally and Gillian appear to others?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kylie react to the birthday gift from her mother and the one from Gillian and what does Sally tell Gillian about Kylie?
2. Why was everyone so upset at Kylie's birthday dinner?
3. How does Antonia feel about Ben and Gillian getting together and what does she do about it?
4. How do Kylie and Antonia each feel about Gillian, where is Gillian working and what happens at her work place?
5. What do Sally and Gillian fight about that causes Kylie to tell them about the man in the backyard?
6. How does Sally figure out that Kylie will never be normal?
7. Why does Irene want the aunts to undo what they did for her and what do they do to her when they tell her they can't?
8. What does Sally see as she is leaving the pizza parlor and how does she feel about it?
9. What do Sally and Gillian do with Jimmy and what happens immediately after they do it?
10. Who does Sally marry, what children does she have and what are those children like?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)