|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sally excuse herself to go get Gillian?
(a) She can't lie to Gary.
(b) She hopes Gillian can lie better.
(c) She thinks Gillian should take the rap.
(d) She wants to brush her hair and put on some make-up.
2. What does Maria have sewn in her dress?
3. What is Kylie doing when Gideon arrives at her house?
(a) Sitting on the front porch.
(b) Sitting under a tree.
(c) Cutting roses from the rose bushes.
(d) Reading in her room.
4. Where is Sally when Gary knocks on her door?
(a) In the back yard.
(b) In the garage.
(c) In her bedroom.
(d) In the kitchen.
5. What does Sally do when Gary starts crying?
(a) She kisses him.
(b) She hands him a Kleenex.
(c) She just sits still waiting for him to stop.
(d) She slaps him.
6. When is Maria often seen traveling?
(a) Very early in the morning.
(b) At night.
(d) Early afternoon.
7. From what state has Gary come to New York?
(c) New Mexico.
8. What does Kylie put in a cactus jar?
(a) The butterfly the toad spit out.
(b) The piece of blond hair the toad spit out.
(c) The ring the toad spit out.
(d) The diamond the toad spit out.
9. How does Sally feel when she opens the door to Gary?
(d) Attracted to him immediately.
10. Of what is Kylie certain when Gideon tells her about his mother's plans?
(a) Gideon will enjoy his new siblings.
(b) She will visit Gideon more since he will live even closer.
(c) Gideon will be miserable.
(d) Gideon will never find as good a friend as she is.
11. What does Sally say is the important thing about Jimmy?
(a) He is out of Gary's jurisdiction.
(b) He has left Gillian.
(c) He was killed in self-defense.
(d) He will never hurt another person.
12. What does Gillian know when Sally arrives home?
(a) Sally loves Gary.
(b) Gary is going to help them.
(c) Sally has lied to Gary again.
(d) Gillian needs to go pack and leave.
13. Who gives Kylie a picture of Maria Owens for her birthday?
(a) Her great aunts.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her sister.
14. What does Gillian do with Buddy?
(a) Asks if Ben can have the day off.
(b) Cries and talks to Buddy.
(c) Takes him fishing.
(d) Cooks him breakfast.
15. What does Kylie say about the man in the back yard?
(a) He is fading.
(b) He is no longer there.
(c) He never was there.
(d) He is there but not so angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the letter to Gillian from Sally look like when the postman delivers it?
2. What kind of animal do the aunts tell Gillian she could have killed?
3. What do the aunts place over Jimmy's grave after pouring their concoction on it?
4. What does Sally decide to do about Gary's visit?
5. What does Gillian do with the girls when they leave the backyard?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)