|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Maria often seen traveling?
(a) Very early in the morning.
(b) Early afternoon.
(c) At night.
2. What does Sally do when she is driving all over town?
(a) She stops at the wrong motel.
(b) She gets lost.
(c) She stops for groceries.
(d) She sees a friend and stops to talk.
3. Where does Kylie run when two men are chasing her?
(a) Gideon's house.
(b) The ice cream parlor where Antonia works.
(c) The police station.
(d) The library.
4. What does Gillian do with Buddy?
(a) Cries and talks to Buddy.
(b) Cooks him breakfast.
(c) Asks if Ben can have the day off.
(d) Takes him fishing.
5. For what is Gary known?
(a) He likes homicide cases.
(b) He is a Sunday school teacher.
(c) He can put most men down with one punch.
(d) He is a sloppy investigator.
6. What does Sally say to Gary about Jimmy?
(a) That he is dead.
(b) That he tried to kill Gillian.
(c) That he is buried in the cemetary in town.
(d) That he left their house in a hurry after a phone call.
7. What kind of animal do the aunts tell Gillian she could have killed?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A rat.
(c) A chipmunk.
(d) A cat.
8. What does Gary feel after Sally leaves?
(a) She is still hiding something.
(b) She is manipulating him.
(c) He has to go arrest Gillian and Sally.
(d) She is the woman for him.
9. Why does Maria wear a sapphire her lover had given her for the rest of her life?
(a) To look like she has money.
(b) To remind her of what is, and is not, important.
(c) She is under the delusion that he will change his mind.
(d) To spite him whenever she sees him.
10. Where does Gary begin his search for Hawkins in New York?
(a) At Gillian's last known address.
(b) At Jimmy's last known address.
(c) At a crack house.
(d) At Jimmy's cousin's house.
11. For whom does Kylie inadvertently make a cake?
12. What does Ben talk about as Gillian is falling asleep after they make love?
13. Who does Maria follow to Massachusetts?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her lover.
14. Why does Sally excuse herself to go get Gillian?
(a) She hopes Gillian can lie better.
(b) She can't lie to Gary.
(c) She thinks Gillian should take the rap.
(d) She wants to brush her hair and put on some make-up.
15. What does Gary do when he introduces himself to Sally?
(a) Trips over the door jam.
(b) Fumbles over the words.
(c) Drops his hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Antonia and Kylie see in the backyard?
2. How do the townspeople treat Maria?
3. Why does Kylie stop being mad at Gillian?
4. Who tell Gideon that Gideon's mother is getting married?
5. What does Gillian know when Sally arrives home?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)