|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Sally strive concerning her daughters?
(a) For them to get along without their father who left them the year before.
(b) For them to get good enough grades for scholarships.
(c) For the two girls to continue to get along really well with each other.
(d) To have a normal home life.
2. What does Gillian believe about the world?
(a) That Gillian is meant to serve others in the world?
(b) That it is completely safe anywhere.
(c) That it revolves around her.
(d) That it is a fearful place.
3. What does Sally say to the boy who does something to a cat?
(a) That one day something bad will happen to him.
(b) That she is calling the SPCA.
(c) That she understands his fear but it's unreasonable.
(d) That she is going to complain to the police chief who is her uncle.
4. Where does Antonia work?
(a) An ice cream parlor.
(b) A mortuary.
(c) A convenience store.
(d) A fast food joint.
5. What has put lines on Gillian's face?
(a) The Arizona sun.
(b) The stress of her high-paying job.
(d) The bout of cancer.
6. What happens to Gillian many times per day?
(a) She hears Jimmy's voice.
(b) She receives calls from Ben Frye.
(c) She is called by creditors.
(d) She sees ghosts.
7. What problem is Jimmy currently having?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is divorcing.
(d) He is losing money.
8. To what does Sally attribute her recent feelings?
(a) The new man down the street.
(b) Reports about her sister Gillian.
(c) The feeling that something disasterous is about to happen.
(d) That she has just received a big promotion.
9. What does Ben do for sick children?
(a) Takes them for a ride in his fire engine.
(b) Fixes their wheelchairs.
(c) Sues doctors for them.
(d) Puts on magic shows.
10. Where does Gillian stay until midnight one night?
(a) At the Horseshoe Cafe.
(b) At the launderette.
(c) At the city park.
(d) At the pizza place.
11. What happens to Irene's voice?
(b) It changes pitch.
(c) The aunts take it away with a spell.
(d) It becomes shrill.
12. What advice does Sally give Ben?
(a) Forget Gillian.
(b) Ignore Gillian and then Gillian will chase him.
(c) Woo Gillian with music.
(d) Woo Gillian with flowers.
13. What do the girls think love could do?
(a) Heal hurts from rejection.
(c) Control a person completely.
(d) Make someone a fool.
14. What is Ben once told when he has his fortune read?
(a) He would fall in love once and it would be forever.
(b) He would marry a witch.
(c) He would die young.
(d) He would never marry.
15. Why does Gillian light a black candle and repeat a phrase three times?
(a) To hex Jimmy's ghost.
(b) To keep the police from finding Jimmy's bones.
(c) To be strong enough to refuse Ben's offers.
(d) To keep Sally from charming Ben.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Antonia hopeless?
2. What does Sally do when everyone goes out?
3. What does Gillian think she got from Jimmy?
4. How does Gillian say she feels towards her boyfriend?
5. What is something Jet and Frances never tell Sally and Gillian?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)