|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sally cope with the situation at her new school?
(a) She fights back.
(b) She does not notice the problems.
(c) She spends hours crying in the counselor's office.
(d) She tries to blend in.
2. For how long has the Owens family been held to account in the town?
(a) Since just before Sally and Gillian move there.
(b) The past 6 months.
(c) 200 years.
(d) 2 years.
3. What happens to the boy who does something to a cat?
(a) He gets a really bad sunburn.
(b) He trips and breaks his arm.
(c) A tile falls on his head.
(d) He gets ill and dies.
4. What does Kylie feel about her upcoming birthday?
(a) Her life is going to change drastically.
(b) She is getting old and has no boyfriend.
(c) She is indifferent about it.
(d) She wants to invite all the popular kids and is nervous about the party.
5. Of what does Gillian accuse Sally?
(a) Telling Ben about Gillian murdering Jimmy.
(b) Telling the police about the stolen earrings.
(c) Tearing up Gillian's paychecks.
(d) Stealing Kylie's affections.
6. Why has Kylie been sad since her birthday?
(a) No one said anything about her birthday.
(b) Nothing really wonderful happened on her birthday as she thought it would.
(c) She has to change schools.
(d) She is not speaking to Gideon.
7. What is Ben once told when he has his fortune read?
(a) He would marry a witch.
(b) He would never marry.
(c) He would die young.
(d) He would fall in love once and it would be forever.
8. What happens when something unlucky happens?
(a) Gillian and Sally blame it on each other.
(b) Someone leaves town.
(c) The mayor gives a speech.
(d) The lilacs bloom again.
9. What do the townspeople think about Jet and Frances?
(a) That they are good to take in their young nieces.
(b) That they are just wanting the large inheritance the girls bring with them.
(c) That they are witches.
(d) That they are saints.
10. How does Sally respond to Gillian's predicament?
(a) She is indifferent.
(b) She is unwilling to help.
11. What do Sally and Gillian often have together?
(a) They often break a bone at the same time.
(b) The same dreams while sleeping.
(c) The same cavities in their teeth in the same place.
(d) Nothing in the least.
12. What problem is Jimmy currently having?
(a) He is divorcing.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is losing money.
13. What must Sally and Gillian Owens do?
(a) Go live with aunts.
(b) Part after the end of the school year.
(c) Go to boarding school.
(d) Move to another country with their mother and new stepfather.
14. When do Jet and Frances tell Sally and Gillian to go to bed?
(a) Every night at 11.
(b) Every night at 9.
(c) When they remember to mention it.
15. What do men yell at Kylie when she goes out?
(d) Offers for dates.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Kylie?
2. What does Kylie see around everyone as they are shouting?
3. Where were the people who died in a fire?
4. For what is the Owens family blamed?
5. What is something Jet and Frances never tell Sally and Gillian?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)