|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Jet and Frances tell Sally and Gillian to go to bed?
(a) When they remember to mention it.
(c) Every night at 9.
(d) Every night at 11.
2. What does Ben think he hears in Gillian's voice?
(c) Hestitation about wanting him to leave.
3. What problem is Jimmy currently having?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is divorcing.
(c) He is losing money.
(d) He is drunk.
4. What happens to her aunt's cats one day when Sally is on the way to school?
(a) They all follow her.
(c) Someone steals them.
(d) Someone kills them.
5. Who does Kylie say enjoys it when Sally and Gillian fight?
(a) The man under the lilacs.
6. What does Sally say to the boy who does something to a cat?
(a) That she understands his fear but it's unreasonable.
(b) That she is going to complain to the police chief who is her uncle.
(c) That one day something bad will happen to him.
(d) That she is calling the SPCA.
7. What had been Scott's impression of Antonia at school?
(a) She is shy.
(b) She is conceited.
(c) She is a spoiled brat.
(d) She is above his class.
8. What does Gillian do that all the single women in town think is crazy?
(a) Cries every night in the graveyard.
(b) Refuses to color her hair.
(c) Returns the flowers Ben sends her.
(d) Visits the town drunk every day in the park.
9. What does Gillian think she got from Jimmy?
(a) A sense of the macabre.
(b) Continual grief.
(d) What she deserved.
10. What advice does Sally give Ben?
(a) Ignore Gillian and then Gillian will chase him.
(b) Woo Gillian with music.
(c) Forget Gillian.
(d) Woo Gillian with flowers.
11. What happened at a rest stop in New Jersey?
(a) Sally's car breaks down.
(b) Gillian is attacked.
(d) Jimmy dies.
12. Who leaves his wife to marry?
(a) The school principal.
(b) The police chief.
(c) The man Irene loves.
(d) The judge.
13. Why does Sallie take the job she has?
(a) She gets a discount on groceries.
(b) It's the only thing available in the town.
(c) Excellent pay.
(d) To have similar hours as her daughters.
14. For how long has the Owens family been held to account in the town?
(a) The past 6 months.
(b) Since just before Sally and Gillian move there.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 200 years.
15. How does Sally respond to Gillian's predicament?
(a) She is unwilling to help.
(d) She is indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Kylie?
2. What does Sally find herself feeling lately?
3. What does Kylie feel about her upcoming birthday?
4. What won't stay closed though Gillian tries to force it?
5. What makes Scott think differently of Antonia?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)