|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gillian say she feels towards her boyfriend?
(a) Terribly angry.
(d) Crazy in love like a woman on a love potion.
2. What is Ben once told when he has his fortune read?
(a) He would fall in love once and it would be forever.
(b) He would die young.
(c) He would marry a witch.
(d) He would never marry.
3. How does Sally cope with the situation at her new school?
(a) She spends hours crying in the counselor's office.
(b) She does not notice the problems.
(c) She fights back.
(d) She tries to blend in.
4. Why is Antonia hopeless?
(a) Because she is turned down for a part in a Hollywood movie.
(b) Because the local hoodlum thinks she should go out with him.
(c) Because Ben will never love her.
(d) Because her mother is chasing Ben, who loves Gilliam.
5. Who finishes each other's sentences?
(a) Sally and Gillian's two younger cousins.
(b) Jet and Frances.
(c) Sally and Gillian's parents.
(d) Sally and Gillian.
6. Who leaves his wife to marry?
(a) The judge.
(b) The man Irene loves.
(c) The police chief.
(d) The school principal.
7. What had been Scott's impression of Antonia at school?
(a) She is conceited.
(b) She is above his class.
(c) She is shy.
(d) She is a spoiled brat.
8. What problem is Jimmy currently having?
(a) He is divorcing.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is losing money.
(d) He is dead.
9. Why does Gillian light a black candle and repeat a phrase three times?
(a) To keep Sally from charming Ben.
(b) To keep the police from finding Jimmy's bones.
(c) To hex Jimmy's ghost.
(d) To be strong enough to refuse Ben's offers.
10. What does Sally think about Jimmy?
(a) He look sad even as a corpse.
(b) He is attractive despite being dead.
(c) He looks really mean.
(d) He is ugly.
11. What does Kylie see around everyone as they are shouting?
12. Why has Kylie been sad since her birthday?
(a) She has to change schools.
(b) She is not speaking to Gideon.
(c) No one said anything about her birthday.
(d) Nothing really wonderful happened on her birthday as she thought it would.
13. In what state is Sally and Gillian's relationship at the opening to "Clairvoyance"?
(a) They are beginning to enjoy each other's company again.
(b) They are not speaking to each other.
(c) They have the same warm friendship they've always had.
(d) They are sworn, mortal enemies.
14. How many times have Gillian and Sally seen each other in the past 18 years?
15. What is something Jet and Frances never tell Sally and Gillian?
(a) To brush their teeth.
(b) About the secret passages in their home.
(c) About the secret passages in the woods.
(d) The circumstances of their parents' death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Sally's husband?
2. What does Ben do for a living?
3. What is nightshade?
4. Where does Antonia work?
5. How does Sally respond to Gillian's predicament?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)