|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catch cough up at the beginning of Chapter 19?
(a) A red high heeled shoe.
(b) A soccer ball.
(c) A woman's finger.
(d) A baseball.
2. What happens to Rivera in his career after his undercover job?
(a) He loses his job.
(b) He is demoted.
(c) He is made lieutenant.
(d) He is promoted to captain.
3. Who joins the group at this meeting?
(a) Mavis and Rivera.
(b) Howard and Robert.
(c) Howard and Mavis.
(d) Rivera and Robert.
4. What is Amanda asked to bring in exchange for Effrom?
(c) A pentagram.
(d) A Bible.
5. What happens when Augustus and Gian execute their plan?
(a) The flour starts on fire.
(b) The fireworks do not light.
(c) The explosives do not detonate.
(d) The traps do not work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert go to Jennifer's home?
2. What does Rivera find in Travis' suitcase?
3. What do others call Sergeant Irving Nailsworth behind his back?
4. What does Amanda find in Effrom's workshop?
5. Why does Rachel move the hostages outside the caves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Augustus lets Travis go.
2. Summarize the story of how Travis called Catch.
3. What does Augustus bring into his house, with the help of Gian? What does he explain they are?
4. In Chapter 20, Effrom is visited by Catch, and several times, thinks he has has killed his wife. Why?
5. Where do Rachel, Augustus, and Gian go at the end of the novel, and what do they do?
6. Explain what happens to Effrom in Chapter 35.
7. What does Rivera not report the bullet hole he finds in the Elliott's home?
8. Describe Travis and Jennifer's evening after they arrive at her home at the end of Chapter 22.
9. Why does Robert think he is being arrested, and what, in fact, are the actual charges?
10. What does Rachel tell Travis when he calls him at Jennifer's?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)