|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Robert plan to give Howard enough time to translate the invocation?
(a) He plans to take a picture of the invocation.
(b) He plans to distract Rachel.
(c) He plans to steal the document.
(d) He plans to make a copy.
2. What does Amanda admit she knows about Effrom?
(a) That he eats cookies.
(b) That he smokes.
(c) That he is having an affair.
(d) That he drinks.
3. What do others call Sergeant Irving Nailsworth behind his back?
4. How does Travis get Rachel to move the candlesticks?
(a) He tells her Catch will explode.
(b) He tells her they are evil.
(c) He tells her they are against Mother Nature.
(d) He tells her the incantation won't work.
5. What happens when Augustus and Gian execute their plan?
(a) The flour starts on fire.
(b) The explosives do not detonate.
(c) The traps do not work.
(d) The fireworks do not light.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Effrom at the end of Chapter 35?
2. What is Effrom's last thought before passing out?
3. What does Travis admit he wanted to be when he grew up?
4. Where does the group go to ponder their options?
5. What does Gian put into his Kool Aid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What connection does the Nailgun find between the names and dates in Travis' suitcase?
2. Explain what Robert sees when he looks through Jennifer's window. Where has he seen Travis previously?
3. Explain why Augustus lets Travis go.
4. Why does Robert think he is being arrested, and what, in fact, are the actual charges?
5. What does Rivera not report the bullet hole he finds in the Elliott's home?
6. How does Gian explain lying about what will happen to Catch, and how does Augustus respond?
7. Summarize the story of how Travis called Catch.
8. Explain what happens to Robert and Jennifer, Effrom, and Rivera during Chapter 36.
9. Explain, in detail, why Amanda doesn't tell Effrom she is aware of his smoking and of his watching of women's exercise programs, and what she does to extend his pleasure.
10. How do Augustus and Gian catch Travis at the end of Chapter 24?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)