|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Effrom feel in terms of his wife?
(a) He despises her.
(b) He misses her.
(c) He is indifferent.
(d) He is angry with her.
2. What does the Arab man request at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A small quantity of ginger ale.
(b) A small quantity of salt.
(c) A small quantity of pepper.
(d) A small quantity of soap.
3. What does Mavis do to make sure she remembers stories?
(a) Has spies throughout the bar.
(b) Records things on a tape recorder.
(c) Writes things down.
(d) Has others write things down.
4. What does Augustus dream of opening as a business?
(a) A bar.
(b) A detective agency.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A bait store.
5. Where does Rachel go following her husband's death?
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New Hampshire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes in to the hotel?
2. What is Jennifer worrying about at the end of Chapter 11?
3. What surprises Howard about his visual account?
4. Who comes to Rachel in her bedroom at the end of Chapter 19?
5. What is the group Rachel head's named?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robert dream about, and how does this affect him?
2. What leads Billy to believe Catch is allowing him to leave? Does Catch allow him to leave?
3. Explain Travis' recurring nightmare about Catch.
4. At the end of Chapter 2, an Arab man comes into the bait store. What do the patrons believe they see, in terms of his appearance as well as when he swears?
5. Explain why Travis lies to Catch about meeting Amanda.
6. Pine Cove has a long history, as described in Chapter 2. Explain the history of the town, including the name changes.
7. Why is Catch seeking a new master?
8. Give a brief description of Augustus Brine's approach to life.
9. In Chapter 1, the Breeze expresses several opinions of Billy Winston. Does the Breeze seem to like Billy?
10. What leads up to Jennifer's acceptance of Travis' offer for a date?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)