|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What treat does Effrom give himself on the morning his wife is absent?
(a) Real fruit.
(b) Real ham.
(c) Real eggs.
(d) Real coffee.
2. How does Rachel decorate her home?
(a) With power symbols.
(b) With flowers.
(c) With kittens.
(d) With animals.
3. Who owns the home Rachel lives in?
(a) Joan Allen.
(b) Judy Blight.
(c) Jim Beer.
4. What causes Rachel to break up with her lover in Berkeley?
5. Who becomes Rachel's lover in Berkeley?
(b) Dr. Mendenhall.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Travis attempt to kill the demon in Chapter 3?
2. What does The Breeze realize in the afterlife?
3. What does Travis tell Catch about Amanda?
4. What event does Rachel ask Robert to photograph?
5. Why is Gian powerless?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Travis' control over Catch, in terms of what areas he can and cannot control.
2. Several reasons are given that the older individuals in the bait store believe something supernatural has occurred. What are some of those reasons?
3. What is the second event that led Robert to believe miraculous events always arise to help him out of problems?
4. What is the first event that led Robert to believe miraculous events always arise to help him out of problems?
5. How does Catch trick Rachel into helping him? Why does this trick work so effectively?
6. Explain Travis' recurring nightmare about Catch.
7. At the end of Chapter 2, an Arab man comes into the bait store. What do the patrons believe they see, in terms of his appearance as well as when he swears?
8. Explain how Catch came to be on Earth.
9. The Breeze spends much of Chapter 1 feeling sorry for himself. Do you believe the Breeze is entitled to sympathy?
10. Explain The Breeze's trip through the tunnel of eternity.
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)