|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the raccoons do with the stereo equipment?
(a) Sell it for food.
(b) Move it from their den.
(c) Put it back where they found it.
(d) Install it to listen to the radio.
2. What is the demon's favorite movie?
(a) The Haunting.
(b) The Wizard of Oz.
(c) Last Temptation of Christ.
(d) The Exorcist.
3. What does Jenny write on Travis' napkin?
(a) Her phone number.
(b) His total.
(c) Her address.
(d) Her husband's name.
4. From where does Jenny claim to have heard Wayne Newton sing a song?
(a) A garbage can.
(b) A dog.
(c) A broken radio.
(d) A pine tree.
5. Who calls Jennifer and leaves a message on her machine?
(d) Her landlord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert use to drink when he can't find a clean glass?
2. What does the young woman tell the Breeze when he attempts to hit on her?
3. What does Jennifer do to relax?
4. Why is Gian powerless?
5. What surprises Howard about his visual account?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 2, an Arab man comes into the bait store. What do the patrons believe they see, in terms of his appearance as well as when he swears?
2. What are the three theories Howard is trying to prove in his life?
3. Describe the ingredients Jennifer places into her water, noting what these ingredients can do with sunlight.
4. How does Catch trick Rachel into helping him? Why does this trick work so effectively?
5. How does Bella become Rachel's lover? What happens to separate them?
6. Explain what Billy does to become Roxanne.
7. Describe Travis and Jennifer's dinner date.
8. Several reasons are given that the older individuals in the bait store believe something supernatural has occurred. What are some of those reasons?
9. What options does Augustus see that he has to defeat the demon in Chapter 10?
10. Discuss why Jennifer has stopped shaving and wearing makeup over the last several months.
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)