|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the detective see in the tape of Robert's arrest?
(a) A woman asking for salt.
(b) A small man asking for salt.
(c) An officer asking for salt.
(d) Robert asking for salt.
2. What does Augustus admit he knows about Jenny, the waitress?
(a) That she has lost her job.
(b) That she is older than she appears.
(c) That she has split up with her husband.
(d) That she is having an affair.
3. Where does Robert awaken to find himself at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The Breeze's trailer home.
(b) His car.
(c) A hotel.
(d) The Breeze's car.
4. Who were the Djinn?
(a) A covenant of woman.
(b) The first people.
(d) An alien race.
5. Who comes in to the hotel?
6. What does Gian order at the bar?
(a) A draft.
(b) A cola.
(d) A margarita with extra salt.
7. What story does Mavis relate throughout the day?
(a) The story of the dog's barking.
(b) The story of the Arab man.
(c) The story of Rachel's coven.
(d) The story of the pool game.
8. What is Jennifer worrying about at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Her first date in many years.
(b) Losing her sanity.
(d) Losing her job.
9. What habit does Effrom has that he believes Amanda does not know about?
(a) He hires prostitutes.
(b) He smokes.
(c) He drinks.
(d) He uses drugs.
10. Why is Gian powerless?
(a) He is unable to do magic on Earth.
(b) He has no master.
(c) He is not human.
(d) He is a demon.
11. What reason does the Arab give for choosing Augustus?
(a) He is cynical.
(b) He has no love, no faith, and no purpose.
(c) He is not married.
(d) He is old.
12. Why does Rachel move to Pine Cove?
(a) It is by the sea.
(b) It has the largest population of divorced men.
(c) It has the largest population of divorced women.
(d) It is quiet.
13. What does Travis tell Catch about Amanda?
(a) That she is the key to sending him back to hell.
(b) That she is the person they are looking for.
(c) That she is not the person they are looking for.
(d) That she is his lover.
14. Why is Robert fired from his supermarket position?
(a) He hits on the patrons.
(b) He etches words into peanut butter.
(c) He steals from the cash register.
(d) He is drunk on the job.
15. What does Augustus always eat for breakfast?
(a) Six eggs and half a loaf of bread.
(b) Pancakes and toast.
(c) Fruit and granola.
(d) Bacon and cereal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jenny write on Travis' napkin?
2. What does Rachel receive in the laundromat that helps her?
3. What is Augustus trying to figure out how to do?
4. What do the men in the store see when the Arab swears?
5. What does Effrom feel in terms of his wife?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)