|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes Rachel's lover in Berkeley?
(d) Dr. Mendenhall.
2. Who helps Jenny to relax at work?
(d) Howard Phillips.
3. What is one theory of Howard Phillips?
(a) That the intelligent race before humanity is planning to return.
(b) That the intelligent race before humanity moved to Mars.
(c) That the human race is becoming extinct.
(d) That the human race will live forever.
4. Who does Howard call for help?
(a) The police.
5. With what does Travis attempt to kill the demon in Chapter 3?
(a) A shovel.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A car.
6. What event does Rachel ask Robert to photograph?
(b) Her profile.
(c) A gathering of the Goddesses.
(d) A tofu sculpting contest.
7. What does Augustus Brine do for a living?
(a) He runs a bait and wine shop.
(b) He is a priest.
(c) He is retired.
(d) He runs the local bar and tavern.
8. Why was Rachel not unhappy to be rid of her husband?
(a) He was abusive.
(b) He was unemployed.
(c) He had an affair.
(d) He was a gambler.
9. What does the Breeze believe will allow him to rise from poverty?
(a) The selling of forty pounds of magic mushrooms.
(b) The selling of forty pounds of cocaine.
(c) The selling of forty pounds of marijuana.
(d) The selling of forty pounds of crystal meth.
10. What treat does Effrom give himself on the morning his wife is absent?
(a) Real coffee.
(b) Real ham.
(c) Real fruit.
(d) Real eggs.
11. What story does Mavis relate throughout the day?
(a) The story of the pool game.
(b) The story of the Arab man.
(c) The story of the dog's barking.
(d) The story of Rachel's coven.
12. What feature of the Breeze allows him to enter the bar without being asked for I.D.?
(a) A receding hairline.
(c) A mustache.
(d) A beard.
13. Who comes in to the hotel?
14. What does the Arab man request at the end of Chapter 2?
(a) A small quantity of salt.
(b) A small quantity of pepper.
(c) A small quantity of ginger ale.
(d) A small quantity of soap.
15. Who comes to the door in Chapter 4?
(d) The Breeze.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the home Rachel lives in?
2. What does Catch begin to seek at the end of Chapter 13?
3. What does Augustus dream of opening as a business?
4. What is Augustus trying to figure out how to do?
5. What does Augustus admit he knows about Jenny, the waitress?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)