|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a family of raccoons do in Chapter 2?
(a) They die.
(b) They steal a car stereo.
(c) They attack people.
(d) They steal garbage cans.
2. From where does Jenny claim to have heard Wayne Newton sing a song?
(a) A broken radio.
(b) A pine tree.
(c) A garbage can.
(d) A dog.
3. Who comes in to the hotel?
4. Who comes to the door, looking for Effrom's wife?
5. Which bar do Billy and the Breeze attend together first?
(a) The Head of the Slug.
(b) The Mad Bull.
(c) The Nuked Whale.
6. Why does George Peters believe there were supernatural forces at work in Pine Cove?
(a) He felt the presence of spirits.
(b) He awoke with an erection.
(c) He had odd dreams.
(d) He saw a woman floating above the ground.
7. What habit does Effrom has that he believes Amanda does not know about?
(a) He drinks.
(b) He uses drugs.
(c) He hires prostitutes.
(d) He smokes.
8. What does Travis tell Jennifer he does for a living?
(a) Works with animals.
(c) Sells insurance.
(d) Works with accounting.
9. How does Gian know Solomon lied about the demon?
(a) He has seen him.
(b) He feels his presence.
(c) He was told by Jehovah.
(d) He has read about Catch in the paper.
10. What was Rachel's first husband's name?
(a) Jim Henderson.
(b) Alan Green.
(c) Merle Henderson
(d) Jim Beer.
11. What mental disease does the Breeze tell the bouncer Billy is afflicted by?
(a) Psychotic Delusions.
(b) Bipolar Oedipal.
(c) Suicidal Tendencies.
(d) Manic Depression.
12. What does the author note about the ingredients in Jennifer's bath?
(a) They are the same as in primordial ooze.
(b) They are the same as in manure.
(c) They are the same as in honey.
(d) They make her ill.
13. What does Augustus dream of opening as a business?
(a) A brothel.
(b) A bait store.
(c) A detective agency.
(d) A bar.
14. What happened to Rachel's first husband?
(a) Rachel killed him.
(b) He left her.
(c) She left him.
(d) He was disabled.
15. What does Catch say about pushing cars?
(a) It is hungry work.
(b) It is a job for a human.
(c) It is beneath him.
(d) It is hard work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Augustus always eat for breakfast?
2. Who is the owner of the Head of the Slug?
3. What does Billy put on to wear?
4. Who becomes Rachel's lover in Berkeley?
5. Who does Augustus meet by the water?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)