|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Howard believe he sees in the woods outside his home?
(a) A bobcat.
(b) A demon.
(c) An Old One.
2. What does the Breeze decide to do when he is unable to pick up a woman at the bar?
(a) Travel to a different bar.
(b) Hitchhike home.
(c) Find Billy to take him home.
(d) Call his friend for a ride home.
3. What reason does the Arab give for choosing Augustus?
(a) He is old.
(b) He is not married.
(c) He is cynical.
(d) He has no love, no faith, and no purpose.
4. What feature of the Breeze allows him to enter the bar without being asked for I.D.?
(b) A mustache.
(c) A beard.
(d) A receding hairline.
5. Who does the term "techies" refer to?
(a) The computer staff at the police station.
(b) The female students of a nearby college.
(c) The male students of a nearby college.
(d) Individuals who speak with Billy over a computer.
6. Who helps Jenny to relax at work?
(c) Howard Phillips.
7. What does Augustus dream of opening as a business?
(a) A detective agency.
(b) A bar.
(c) A brothel.
(d) A bait store.
8. What does Augustus admit he knows about Jenny, the waitress?
(a) That she has split up with her husband.
(b) That she is older than she appears.
(c) That she is having an affair.
(d) That she has lost her job.
9. What does The Breeze realize in the afterlife?
(a) He is not going to heaven.
(b) He is not going to hell.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He owes everyone money.
10. What is Jennifer worrying about at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Her first date in many years.
(b) Losing her sanity.
(c) Losing her job.
11. How does he escape?
(a) In a taxi.
(b) In a van.
(c) In a police car.
(d) In his Jaguar.
12. What does Effrom watch on television each morning?
(a) A women's exercise program.
(b) The weather channel.
(d) Sports news.
13. How many lovers does Billy have online?
14. Where does Travis leave Catch while he goes on his date with Jennifer?
(a) In the house.
(b) With Gian.
(c) On the street.
(d) In the car.
15. What holiday are the Breeze and Billy celebrating?
(a) Memorial Day.
(b) German Independence Day.
(c) Nambian Interdependence Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Augustus meet by the water?
2. Where does Robert go at the end of Chapter 8?
3. What is the primary industry of Pine Cove today?
4. Why is Gian powerless?
5. Why is Detective Rivera worried about his job?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)