|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Powers of Horror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For disobeying God in the Old Testament, Adam was forbidden from eating from what?
(a) The Tree of God and Man.
(b) The Tree of Angels and Demons.
(c) The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.
(d) The Tree of Life.
2. What religion does Kristeva say Christianity emerged from?
3. Who was the first person to have specified that the plane of abjection is that of the subject/object relationship?
(a) Friedrich Nietzsche.
(b) Alexandre Kojève.
(c) Georges Bataille.
(d) Jean Baudrillard.
4. What language did Celine describe as regal in a quote Kristeva uses in Chapter 10?
5. Kristeva says the abject and the repression of it have been a guiding force in the history of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country is it strictly forbidden for a person of one caste to procreate with a person of another caste?
2. What act of depravity does Kristeva point out that Celine uses in relation with very young girls to revolt his reader?
3. Celine was of what nationality?
4. Kristeva says the fear of what is truly horrifying?
5. During the 1930s, what group does Kristeva say was unhappy with the division that was caused by economic inequality, even if they did not call for radical economic restructuring?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)