|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Powers of Horror.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kristeva quotes Celine as saying slang is a language of what?
2. Where does Kristeva say the "miracle" of Celine lies?
(a) With the style of writing.
(b) With the process of his writing.
(c) With the content of what is written,
(d) With the reader's experience.
3. Kristeva says she gets a feeling from reading Celine that she does not get from whom?
4. In which of Celine's books does his character Molly appear?
(a) Journey to the End of the Night.
(b) Death on the Installment Plan.
(c) School of Corpses.
(d) Trifles for a Massacre.
5. Kristeva says all literature is an apocalypse that seems to be rooted where what do not exist?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kristeva say is, historically, man's primary response to the perversion caused by the abject?
2. What language did Celine say he loathed in a quote Kristeva uses in Chapter 10?
3. What type of creature does Kristeva say Celine saw man as?
4. Chapter 8 "Those Females Who Wreck the Infinite" begins with a quote that was taken from a letter written to whom?
5. According to Kristeva's definition of the abject, the abject is created from repressing what?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)