|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Semiotics of Biblical Abomination.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When looking at Old Testament laws, the eating of meat was forbidden to man prior to what?
(a) The Fall.
(b) Christ's birth.
(c) The Flood.
(d) Christ's death.
2. For disobeying God in the Old Testament, Adam was forbidden from eating from what?
(a) The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.
(b) The Tree of Life.
(c) The Tree of God and Man.
(d) The Tree of Angels and Demons.
3. In Chapter 1, Kristeva gives what kind of account of the abject?
4. According to Kristeva, boys eventually resign themselves to the fact that they can never have their mothers' bodies out of fear of whom?
(c) Their brothers.
(d) Their fathers.
5. Kristeva says the fear of what is truly horrifying?
(a) The abject.
Short Answer Questions
1. Freud links a little boy's fear of horses to a fear of what?
2. What act in Jewish laws makes women impure for weeks?
3. According to Kristeva's definition of the abject, the abject is created from repressing what?
4. In order to be eaten, according to the Old Testament, an animal has to eat what?
5. What state does Freud say a subject will be sent into when the repressed desire for one's mother's body breaks out of its repression?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)