|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Semiotics of Biblical Abomination.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author says the traditional Freudian model of the Oedipal triangle is what?
2. Freud saw his Oedipus complex as what?
(a) A literary device.
(b) A stage in childhood development.
(c) A metaphor.
(d) A necessary stage in natural selection.
3. Kristeva says the fears a child has are pre-linguistic and therefore are what?
4. One interpretation of the laws in the Old Testament, which Kristeva cites, says that impurity is identified with contact with whom?
(a) Adam and Eve.
(b) The Virgin Mary.
(c) Evil supernatural forces.
5. Kristeva compares the abject to the experience of looking at a corpse and seeing what?
(a) A living being.
(b) Someone who never lived.
(c) A person which should be alive.
(d) Nothing at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kristeva says the Pagans are seen as living very closely with what?
2. Kristeva says Freud is successful in his treatment of the subject-object relation when he approaches it from the perspective of what?
3. One interpretation of the laws in the Old Testament, which Kristeva cites, says they are the arbitrary will of who?
4. Kristeva says that Jewish laws are a result of the combination of psychological forces and what aspect of the Jewish religion?
5. According to the traditional Freudian model of the Oedipal triangle, all desire is modeled on the pattern of what?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)