|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the condition of the priest as he heads home from the plantation?
(a) He has on new clothes so his family will not be ashamed.
(b) He has tried to change his appearance so he will not be easily recognized.
(c) He is drunk and keeps falling off his mule.
(d) He has become determined to oppose thepolice.
2. Why is the lieutenant eager to hunt down the priest?
(a) He sees it as a chance for a promotion.
(b) He thinks hunting a man is better than hunting deer.
(c) He has an intense hatred of priests and the church.
(d) He wants the Police Chief's job.
3. What is the priest's response when a man says it is better not to believe in God?
(a) He says the man is probably right, but he cannot change this late in life.
(b) He says the man will change his mind just before he dies.
(c) He asks if they believed the Governor did not exist would they not be in prison?
(d) He says that God hears blasphemy whenever it is spoken.
4. What question does the priest ask the woman?
(a) He asks how long he can stay there.
(b) He asks if the police have been there.
(c) Without looking at her he asks with embarrassment about Brigetta.
(d) He asks if she has any brandy.
5. How well does the priest sleep in the crowded cell?
(a) He sleeps soundly from exhaustion.
(b) He leans against the wall and drifts in and out of sleep.
(c) He cannot sleep at all because of the noise.
(d) He does not sleep for thinking about his death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the boy's father explain to his son the need to tell the stories?
2. What is it like for the priest in the Mexican prison?
3. What unusual thing does the priest do in prison?
4. What information does the priest get from the Chief of Police?
5. What surprises the lieutenant?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)