|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does the priest ask the woman?
(a) He asks if the police have been there.
(b) He asks how long he can stay there.
(c) Without looking at her he asks with embarrassment about Brigetta.
(d) He asks if she has any brandy.
2. What does Father José reply when the priest begs him to help him?
(a) Father José refuses and tells him to go away.
(b) Father José agrees, seeing this a chance to redeem himself.
(c) Father José pretends he does not understand.
(d) Father José agrees but the police arrive at that moment.
3. What is the condition of the priest as he heads home from the plantation?
(a) He has become determined to oppose thepolice.
(b) He has tried to change his appearance so he will not be easily recognized.
(c) He is drunk and keeps falling off his mule.
(d) He has on new clothes so his family will not be ashamed.
4. What does Father José fear if he says a prayer at the graveside?
(a) He will be mocked by the lieutenant for practicing a religion he renounced.
(b) The authroities will put him in jail for blasphemy.
(c) He will get in trouble, lose his pension or even be killed for practicing his religion, which he has renounced.
(d) His police protection will be taken away if he performs a religious act.
5. What appeal does the girl make to the priest as he is leaving the village?
(a) She wants to tell him she loves him.
(b) She wants him never to return.
(c) She only knows he is her father and she wants him to stay.
(d) She wants him to give her something.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the lieutenant eager to hunt down the priest?
2. What unusual thing does the priest do in prison?
3. For what is the American wanted?
4. How many priests has the lieutenant already executed?
5. What is the story about that a mother tells her children?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)