|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the police suspect about the priest?
(a) They think he may have gone to the Yucatan.
(b) They believe he tried to escape to Vera Cruz but he did not catch the boat.
(c) They suspect he is in Mexico City.
(d) They think he is probably in Vera Cruz by now.
2. What name do the people give to priests who smell of alcohol?
(a) Wine bibber.
(b) Pickled priest.
(c) Smelly sermonizer.
(d) Whisky priest.
3. When the lieutenant arrives, why does he not recognize the priest?
(a) He has too many other things on his mind.
(b) He never looks at him.
(c) He has forgotten what he looks like.
(d) He is in too big a hurry to pay attention to the priest.
4. What is the condition of the priest as he heads home from the plantation?
(a) He has become determined to oppose thepolice.
(b) He is drunk and keeps falling off his mule.
(c) He has tried to change his appearance so he will not be easily recognized.
(d) He has on new clothes so his family will not be ashamed.
5. When the mother rebukes her son for only being interested in the killing, how does the son reply?
(a) He says killing people is more fun than listening to stories.
(b) He says the lieutenant told him the Bible is not true.
(c) He laughs and says he is sorry.
(d) He says that he doesn't believe the holy book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the meeting between the priest and Brigetta?
2. What is Greene's contrast between the two priests in the story?
3. In trying to get away from the people chasing him, on whose door does the priest knock?
4. What new plan does the lieutenant come up with for finding the priest?
5. What surprises the lieutenant?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)