|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Starbucks raise it's prices after the second freeze extends the crisis?
(a) Just over five percent.
(b) Just under five percent.
(c) Just under ten percent.
(d) Just over ten percent.
2. As Howard turns forty, what magazine features his picture on the cover?
(a) The Economist.
3. How was the store received in Japan?
(a) There is no record of the initial reaction to the store.
(b) No one visited the store at first.
(c) It had a moderate reception.
(d) Crowds lined up around the store.
4. What does Howard encourage his team to do after the disappointing holiday season?
(a) Stop trying to anticipate trends and stop developing new products.
(b) Stop trying to anticipate trends and start developing new products.
(c) Anticipate trends and develop new products.
(d) Anticipate trends and stop developing new products.
5. What happens when two local managers first create a blended icy drink?
(a) The reaction is positive, but the drink has an uneven consistency.
(b) The reaction is negative, but the drink has a great consistency.
(c) The reaction is positive and the drink has a great consistency.
(d) The reaction is negative and the drink has an uneven consistency.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city is United Airlines based out of?
2. How do the employees and managers react to Howard's concern for the low sales?
3. When does Starbucks open its first store on the East Coast?
4. Who approaches Howard with the idea to sell music compilations in Starbucks stores?
5. What country experiences a severe frost that puts the coffee bean industry in jeopardy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the idea of serving cold drinks at Starbucks first introduced to Howard and what is his response?
2. How is Howard's reaction to the 1995 holiday season received by employees and what things does he encourage them to do?
3. What crisis hits the coffee industry and how does Starbucks initially react?
4. How does Starbucks choose the design for its stores?
5. What is an example of a negative claim that was made against Starbucks?
6. Who is Scott Bedbury and why does Howard hire him to work for the company?
7. What makes the 1995 holiday season so disappointing for Starbucks?
8. What decisions does Starbucks make when the crisis is extended and eventually passes?
9. What conflict between his professional and personal lives does Howard experience as a result of Starbucks' quick expansion, and how does he resolve it?
10. How is the Starbucks Frappuccino created?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)