|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is used to describe Howard's pursuit of excellence in all aspects of the Starbucks company?
2. At the time Pour Your Heart Into It was written, how many people per day are estimated to be drinking Starbucks coffee on United Airlines flights?
(a) Twenty five million.
(b) Fifteen million.
(c) Ten million.
(d) Twenty million.
3. As the company continues to expand rapidly, which Washington city does Howard choose to open another roasting plant?
4. What is the profession of Don Valencia, the person that invents a coffee extract?
5. Which one of the following cities is not included in the locations for Starbucks stores that opened in 1994?
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What temporary solution do Starbucks employees have for serving coffee that is too hot for customers to hold?
2. What country experiences a severe frost that puts the coffee bean industry in jeopardy?
3. What happens when two local managers first create a blended icy drink?
4. What type of music is featured on the CDs that Starbucks begins selling?
5. As the crisis and other companies lower their prices, how much does Starbucks increase its prices to compensate for the stock they have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What issues does Howard deal with as he attempts to keep Starbucks small while growing big?
2. Who is Scott Bedbury and why does Howard hire him to work for the company?
3. What causes the lowered quality of the coffee that United Airlines serves on its flights?
4. What crisis hits the coffee industry and how does Starbucks initially react?
5. What reference is included at the end of Pour Your Heart Into It, and how does it reflect Howard's success with Starbucks?
6. What is historic about the meeting that Howard calls after the 1995 holiday season?
7. When does Starbucks list its first public stock on the market and how does it do?
8. What conflict between his professional and personal lives does Howard experience as a result of Starbucks' quick expansion, and how does he resolve it?
9. How does Starbucks choose the design for its stores?
10. Who is Don Valencia and what is the impact of his invention?
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)