|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the crisis, what country does Starbucks buy a huge quantity of coffee from to stock?
2. What country experiences a severe frost that puts the coffee bean industry in jeopardy?
3. As the CEO of Starbucks, who is Howard's primary responsibility directed towards?
(a) Partners, customers, and shareholders.
(b) Only customers and partners.
(c) Only customers and shareholders.
(d) Only customers.
4. What is Howard's initial response to the idea of serving cold drinks in the stores?
(a) He is unsure about how to react.
(b) He approves the request with no changes.
(c) He approves the request, with several stipulations.
(d) He denies the request.
5. What is preventing Starbucks from switching to a polystyrene cup?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of detractors launch negative claims against Starbucks?
2. To combat the unwarranted attacks on their public image, what action does Starbucks take?
3. What year did Howard open Starbucks stores in Philadelphia, Austin, and Pittsburgh?
4. What keeps shoppers away during the worst holiday season in the company's history?
5. What is significant about the meeting Howard has with the Seattle team to share his concerns for the unreached sales goals?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is historic about the meeting that Howard calls after the 1995 holiday season?
2. Why does Howard agree to allow United Airlines to serve Starbucks coffee on their flights?
3. What reference is included at the end of Pour Your Heart Into It, and how does it reflect Howard's success with Starbucks?
4. How is the idea of serving cold drinks at Starbucks first introduced to Howard and what is his response?
5. When does Starbucks list its first public stock on the market and how does it do?
6. What conflict between his professional and personal lives does Howard experience as a result of Starbucks' quick expansion, and how does he resolve it?
7. What makes the 1995 holiday season so disappointing for Starbucks?
8. What is the paper cup problem that Starbucks encounters and how is it solved?
9. How is the Starbucks Frappuccino created?
10. What key events happen on the year that Howard turns forty?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)