|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Howard estimate it will take to launch his new coffee house business?
(b) $1.7 million.
(c) $2.7 million.
2. What season in 1983 does Howard take his first trip to Italy?
3. What profession does Ron Margolis, the first investor of Il Giornale, have?
4. How does Starbucks add flavor to the coffee it serves?
(a) It roasts the coffee beans with additional flavors added.
(b) Starbucks does not offer flavored coffee.
(c) It adds a flavored powder to the drink.
(d) It adds flavored syrup to the drink.
5. What product is Starbucks purchasing from Hammarplast when the company catches Howard's attention?
(a) An espresso machine.
(b) A drip coffeemaker.
(c) Tea bag holders.
(d) Customized coffee mugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Arnie Prentice hold when he invests in Il Giornale?
2. What country is Perstorp, the parent company of Hammarplast, based in?
3. What part of New York did Howard grow up in during the 1960s?
4. How long has Howard been working at Starbucks when he takes his first trip to Italy?
5. Where is there a potential disaster in the coffee business?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Howard's initial impression of Starbucks?
2. How does Howard convince Jerry Baldwin to begin serving espressos, and what leads him to leave Starbucks?
3. What was Howard Schultz's childhood like?
4. What is the risk of serving Starbucks coffee outside of the company and what exception does Howard make?
5. What is Howard's intent with Il Giornale, and how does he receive the money needed for the business' expansion plan?
6. How long does it take Howard to join Starbucks and what are some of the sacrifices he makes to work for the company?
7. After college, what is Howard's first sales job, and how does he meet his future wife?
8. As a result of a major financial loss, what three things does Howard outline for Starbucks' road back to success?
9. How do Jerry Baldwin and Gordon Bowker help Howard launch his new idea for cafes after he leaves Starbucks?
10. What are the responsibilities of the three main people who run Starbucks in 1990?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)