|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which company did Jeff Brotman found before helping Howard with Starbucks?
(b) Best Buy.
2. What position does Arnie Prentice hold when he invests in Il Giornale?
(a) Executive Consultant of a Seattle advertising firm.
(b) Co-Chairman of a Seattle financial services firm.
(c) District Manager of a Seattle manufacturing firm.
(d) CEO of a Seattle law firm.
3. What year does Howard introduce the employee stock option at Starbucks?
4. What is Howard hoping to reduce with his new plan for employees?
(a) Employee turnover.
(b) Employee termination.
(c) Employee suspensions.
(d) Employee tardiness.
5. How is Howard's salary affected by his new job with Starbucks?
(a) It increased by a small amount.
(b) It is decreased by a large amaount.
(c) It is increased by a large amount.
(d) It is decreased by a small amount.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Howard and Il Giornale to reach the point of serving over 1,000 people each day?
2. Which one of the following is an example of how Starbucks changes to cater to the needs of customers?
3. Which one of the following does Howard agree to let serve Starbucks coffee to their clients?
4. When does the first Il Giornale store open?
5. How many large companies had Howard managed before acquiring Starbucks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Which two tenets does Howard keep intact as he begins to expand Starbucks to include other people?
2. How does Howard convince Jerry Baldwin to begin serving espressos, and what leads him to leave Starbucks?
3. What is Howard's initial impression of Starbucks?
4. What was Howard Schultz's childhood like?
5. What happens to Howard's father that causes him to rethink his move to Seattle?
6. Why does Howard find merging Starbucks and Il Giornale to be challenging, and who does he hire to help with the operations, finance, and human resources?
7. How does Howard first escape from the projects?
8. How does Howard begin opening Starbucks stores in other states and what issue does he overcome in the process?
9. How does Howard raise enough money to open the first Il Giornale store?
10. How do Jerry Baldwin and Gordon Bowker help Howard launch his new idea for cafes after he leaves Starbucks?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)