|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the housewares show that Howard attends in Italy?
2. How does Howard describe Sheri's support?
3. What season in 1983 does Howard take his first trip to Italy?
4. What term does Howard use to replace "employees" after the introduction of the employee stock option?
(d) Team members.
5. What is Howard Schultz's position at Starbucks?
(b) District Manager.
(d) Vice President.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Howard describe the service in Starbucks stores when he first begins working there?
2. Which one of the following is not included in the examples that Howard gives of gathering places that America once had?
3. How much money does Howard estimate it will take to launch his new coffee house business?
4. What does Howard observe about the espresso bars he visits in Italy?
5. What does Dave Olsen contribute to Howard's vision for Il Giornale?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Howard to hire Orin Smith?
2. How does Howard begin opening Starbucks stores in other states and what issue does he overcome in the process?
3. Why does Howard create a Mission Statement and a Mission Review Team for Starbucks?
4. Why does Howard find merging Starbucks and Il Giornale to be challenging, and who does he hire to help with the operations, finance, and human resources?
5. What founding principles does Howard intend to keep with all aspects of the company?
6. What is Howard's intent with Il Giornale, and how does he receive the money needed for the business' expansion plan?
7. As a result of a major financial loss, what three things does Howard outline for Starbucks' road back to success?
8. What was Howard Schultz's childhood like?
9. How does the death of his father change the way Howard remembers him?
10. How successful is Il Giornale, and what leads Howard to purchase Starbucks?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)