|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city in Japan hosts the country's first Starbucks store?
2. How does Howard consider the task of meeting the expectations of Wall Street after the company goes public?
3. Based on United Airlines' estimates, how many of their customers request coffee during the flights?
(a) Between twenty and thirty percent.
(b) Between thirty five and fifty percent.
(c) Between thirty and forty percent.
(d) Between twenty five and forty percent.
4. Throughout the crisis, what do the Starbucks executives remain committed to providing?
(a) The biggest selection of non-coffee products in their stores.
(b) The most variety of coffee products in their stores.
(c) The best prices in the coffee industry.
(d) The best quality coffee.
5. As Howard turns forty, what magazine features his picture on the cover?
(d) The Economist.
6. At the time Pour Your Heart Into It was written, how many people per day are estimated to be drinking Starbucks coffee on United Airlines flights?
(a) Ten million.
(b) Twenty five million.
(c) Twenty million.
(d) Fifteen million.
7. What does Howard feel Starbucks' competitive advantage is?
(a) The communication provided by other coffee companies.
(b) The communication provided by store employees.
(c) The ability to adjust prices as needed.
(d) The ability to merge with other companies.
8. How is Starbucks listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange in New York City?
9. What country are the detractors that accuse Starbucks of paying too little for their coffee from?
10. According to the incorrect claims of labor activists, how much money does Starbucks pay for a pound of coffee beans?
(a) Five cents.
(b) Seven cents.
(c) Two cents.
(d) Eight cents.
11. How does the interior design department at Starbucks select the decor for stores?
(a) Based on suggestions from customers.
(b) Based on suggestions from employees.
(c) Based on designs that are relevant to the local areas.
(d) Based on designs that are relevant to the current trends.
12. What is the profession of Don Valencia, the person that invents a coffee extract?
13. What country experiences a severe frost that puts the coffee bean industry in jeopardy?
14. Which one of the following is not a Starbucks product developed from Don's coffee extract base?
(a) Bottled beverages.
(b) Ice cream.
(d) Instant coffee mix.
15. What year did Howard open Starbucks stores in Philadelphia, Austin, and Pittsburgh?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Starbucks face the crisis of rising coffee bean costs?
2. Which one of the following cities is not included in the locations for Starbucks stores that opened in 1994?
3. What is preventing Starbucks from switching to a polystyrene cup?
4. When the decision to take Starbucks public is announced, what does Howard feel most investment banks do not understand?
5. Who approaches Howard with the idea to sell music compilations in Starbucks stores?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)