|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What person is quoted at the very beginning of Chapter 21?
(a) Anthony Robbins.
(b) Stephen Covey.
(c) Donald Trump.
(d) Norman Lear.
2. Which one of the following is not one of the magazines that United Airlines places an ad in to advertise their association with Starbucks?
(a) U.S. News.
(d) Business Week.
3. How is Starbucks listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange in New York City?
4. When does Starbucks face the crisis of rising coffee bean costs?
(a) June 1994.
(b) March 1995.
(c) July 1995.
(d) February 1994.
5. Who approaches Howard with the idea to sell music compilations in Starbucks stores?
(a) Orin Smith.
(b) Howard Behar.
(c) A store manager.
(d) A record label executive.
6. What keeps shoppers away during the worst holiday season in the company's history?
(a) High prices.
(b) Poor advertising.
(c) Bad weather.
(d) Limited parking.
7. What year does United Airlines begin serving Starbucks coffee on its flights?
8. What comparison does United Airlines make about its decision to serve Starbucks coffee on its flights?
(a) Offering test drives to car buyers.
(b) Offering Happy Meals to kids.
(c) Offering free toys inside cereal boxes.
(d) Offering free samples of food at grocery stores.
9. In order to spend more time with his family, what title does Howard give to Orin in 1994?
(a) President and Chief Operating Officer.
(b) Vice President.
(c) President and Chief Executive Officer.
(d) Executive Partner.
10. What town opens Starbucks' first East Coast store?
(b) Washington, D.C.
11. Based on Howard's definition of corporate responsibility, what should managers be concerned with?
(a) The international communities.
(b) The communities where they live.
(c) The communities that cannot take care of themselves.
(d) The communities where other people live.
12. During the disappointing holiday season, how is the design of the packaging changed, making it unacceptable to customers?
(a) Only in size options.
(b) Only in design.
(c) In design and size options.
(d) Neither in design nor size options.
13. What word is used to describe Howard's pursuit of excellence in all aspects of the Starbucks company?
14. Which year brings the worst holiday season in Starbucks history?
15. Which one of the following is not a Starbucks product developed from Don's coffee extract base?
(a) Instant coffee mix.
(b) Bottled beverages.
(c) Ice cream.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Starbucks food and beverage department first tries to expand on the icy drink, what is the result?
2. What does Starbucks develop to prevent customer burns and cut down waste?
3. What date does Starbucks finally go public?
4. What year does Howard first meet with Pepsi to discuss the mass distribution of Starbucks products?
5. As the crisis and other companies lower their prices, how much does Starbucks increase its prices to compensate for the stock they have?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)