|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Twenty Million New Customers Are Worth Taking a Risk For and You Can Grow Big and Stay Small.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Howard's initial response to the idea of serving cold drinks in the stores?
(a) He denies the request.
(b) He approves the request with no changes.
(c) He approves the request, with several stipulations.
(d) He is unsure about how to react.
2. When does the first Il Giornale store open?
(a) February 1987.
(b) April 1986.
(c) September 1987.
(d) July 1986.
3. Why does Howard insists that Starbucks remain company-owned and not franchised?
(a) To simplify advertising.
(b) To avoid partnerships.
(c) To control quality.
(d) To maximize profits.
4. How does the acquisition of another company affect the employees at Starbucks?
(a) There is an increase in employee loyalty.
(b) There is a decrease in employee mistakes.
(c) There is a decrease in employee loyalty.
(d) There is an increase in employee mistakes.
5. What percentage of United Airlines passengers tasted their first Starbucks coffee, according to Starbucks' research?
Short Answer Questions
1. What position is Howard promoted to at Hammarplast?
2. How much money does Jerry Baldwin invest in Howard's coffee houses?
3. How does Howard feel about his father while growing up?
4. How does Starbucks add flavor to the coffee it serves?
5. What positions does Howard think would be better filled by people with skills different than his own?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)