|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lucy says let her shoot a gun?
2. What does Scarpetta explain will happen if she can't explain who got into her computer?
3. What does Spiro tell Scarpetta to let the men in her world know?
4. Who calls in the end of chapter nine while Scarpetta and Lucy are sitting at the table?
5. Why does Marino suggest that Bill Boltz wife would take her own life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarpetta and Lucy decide to do in the end of chapter sixteen?
2. In chapter twelve what does Spiro tell Scarpetta about the killer?
3. What does Scarpetta and Boltz discuss over dinner in chapter ten?
4. What is Scarpetta told when her mother calls in chapter nine?
5. In chapter eleven what does Abby recall about telling her sister to be careful?
6. In the beginning of chapter fourteen how does Scarpetta describe her sleep?
7. What does Lucy think about in regards to Lucy's IQ in chapter fourteen?
8. Describe the phone conversation that takes place between Scarpetta and Abby Turnbull in the end of chapter fourteen.
9. In chapter twelve what does Marino and Scarpetta talk about while they are out driving to where Henna was killed?
10. Describe the scene at home in chapter fourteen when Scarpetta arrives home to Lucy.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Does Scarpetta feel regret for the murderer's death? Explain her reactions.
Part 2) Speculate on how Scarpetta would have reacted had it been her that had killed the murderer rather than Marino.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Describe Bill Boltz. How does it change the reader's view of Bill when it is learned that he raped Abby?
Part 2) Speculate on whether or not Abby was lying.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Scarpetta is the main character in the story. What about her makes her someone the reader can identify with?
Part 2) What other characters in the book had the potential, if any, to be a main character or the focus at various points? Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)