|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter ten who is Scarpetta thinking of and realizing they would have had time to plant the contaminated PERK test in the lab refrigerator?
2. Where does Marino take Scarpetta in chapter twelve?
3. What does Scarpetta say she sometimes forgets to take off before she leaves the building?
4. What does Scarpetta tell Lucy while they are sitting on the couch in chapter fourteen?
5. What startles Scarpetta while she is walking into the parking garage in chapter twelve?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the phone conversation that occurs with Cecile's family in chapter fourteen.
2. What does Scarpetta tell Abby about her sister's death in chapter thirteen?
3. What does Lucy think about in regards to Lucy's IQ in chapter fourteen?
4. What do Lucy and Scarpetta talk about at the kitchen table in chapter nine?
5. Explain what is discovered about the killer by the end of the book.
6. What does Scarpetta and Boltz discuss over dinner in chapter ten?
7. In chapter eleven what does Abby recall about telling her sister to be careful?
8. What does Abby Turnbull say happened to her that the police didn't help with?
9. What does Scarpetta and Lucy decide to do in the end of chapter sixteen?
10. When Scarpetta is talking to Wingo in chapter sixteen what does Wingo explain that he has discover?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) What is significant about Scarpetta's dreams?
Part 2) In what way does Scarpetta's feelings toward her father tie into the murders and the way that Scarpetta views the murderer? Why does her dead father turn into the murderer in the end of the chapter?
Essay Topic 2
Pick one of the following to write about:
1) Speculate on what it was about Matt Peterson that Scarpetta also believed was not adding up. Is there a reason that the author wouldn't have gone back to answer this question?
2) What role does the DNA and forensic evidence play in the story? Could the story have been written and focused much less on this information? Explain.
3) Which of the subplots seen in the story are likely to be looked at again in later books in the series? Explain why these seem significant.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) What is the motive behind Amburgey's actions?
Part 2) What is the motive behind Marino's actions?
Part 3) What is the motive behind Wingo's actions?
This section contains 1,186 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)