|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abby say when she learns that it may have been her article that the person got the tan belt piece of information from?
2. What does Lucy say about Scarpetta having a gun?
3. What does Marino suggest when the extra evidence is found unlabeled in the lab refrigerator at the ME's office?
4. What does Marino tell Scarpetta to do in chapter twelve if she happens to hear from Boltz?
5. In chapter fifteen what does Scarpetta do before she gets into bed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the results of the testing done by Scarpetta and Vander in chapter ten with the pink soap.
2. What does Scarpetta tell Abby is the real reason that she has asked Abby to come to talk to her at the ME's office in chapter thirteen?
3. What does Spiro suggest to Scarpetta in chapter twelve regarding the murder of Henna?
4. Describe the phone conversation that occurs with Cecile's family in chapter fourteen.
5. In the beginning of chapter fourteen how does Scarpetta describe her sleep?
6. In the end of chapter fifteen what is Scarpetta dreaming about?
7. What is Scarpetta told when her mother calls in chapter nine?
8. What does Scarpetta tell Abby about her sister's death in chapter thirteen?
9. Explain what is discovered about the killer by the end of the book.
10. Describe what happens while Scarpetta is listening to the 911 tapes that Marino let her take home.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) What is significant about Scarpetta's dreams?
Part 2) In what way does Scarpetta's feelings toward her father tie into the murders and the way that Scarpetta views the murderer? Why does her dead father turn into the murderer in the end of the chapter?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Explain why it is that these murders would be viewed differently than if a homeless person or someone of low reputation was murdered.
Part 2) Does this seem to be a realities public reaction? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) In what ways does Scarpetta compare to her predecessor, Cagney?
Part 2) Is it possible that much of what she feels, in regards to the way she is viewed compared to Cagney, is only psychological? Explain.
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)