|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lucy say about Scarpetta having a gun?
2. Who does Scarpetta call in the end of chapter fourteen to ask about the nude pantyhose information?
3. How old was the murderer?
4. What does Bill say the killer being quiet may mean?
5. What does Abby say Henna's plans had been for Saturday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene at home in chapter fourteen when Scarpetta arrives home to Lucy.
2. Describe the phone conversation that occurs with Cecile's family in chapter fourteen.
3. Describe the phone conversation that takes place between Scarpetta and Abby Turnbull in the end of chapter fourteen.
4. What does Scarpetta and Boltz discuss over dinner in chapter ten?
5. In chapter twelve what does Spiro tell Scarpetta about the killer?
6. Describe the changes that Scarpetta is noticing and what she is thinking about as she drives home in the beginning of chapter nine.
7. What does Abby Turnbull say happened to her that the police didn't help with?
8. What does Marino come in with in chapter thirteen?
9. What do Lucy and Scarpetta talk about at the kitchen table in chapter nine?
10. What does Abby say in chapter eleven is the reason that she hates Bill Boltz.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Who in the story proves their loyalty by the end of the book. Which of these characters, if any, is this surprising of?
Part 2) Which of the characters in the story lets Scarpetta down in regards to their loyalty? Explain your answers.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) What is significant about Scarpetta's dreams?
Part 2) In what way does Scarpetta's feelings toward her father tie into the murders and the way that Scarpetta views the murderer? Why does her dead father turn into the murderer in the end of the chapter?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) What is the motive behind Amburgey's actions?
Part 2) What is the motive behind Marino's actions?
Part 3) What is the motive behind Wingo's actions?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)