|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Benton Wesley's job?
2. What had Benton been before becoming an FBI agent?
3. Who does Boltz say is top of his list of suspects who hacked into Scarpetta's computer?
4. What does Marino say would happen if people knew him and Scarpetta were riding around together at that moment in chapter eight?
5. In chapter eight where does Marino say he wants to take Scarpetta?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Scarpetta write about Lori Peterson in the end of chapter two in regards to her health?
2. Describe what the crime scene in Lori Peterson's house looks like.
3. What is Scarpetta told happened to their computer system in chapter five?
4. What does Marino tell Scarpetta in chapter eight about what Tanner has told him?
5. Describe what Scarpetta is thinking about her sister while in the kitchen with Lucy in chapter seven?
6. What do Scarpetta and Benton say about Marino after he has left the room in chapter five?
7. What does Scarpetta explain in chapter one that she suspects about the killer, Mr. Nobody, that they are looking for?
8. What does Scarpetta know about the glittery substance found on the bodies?
9. What does Scarpetta note about Marino and his thoughts on suspects for Lori Peterson's killer.
10. Describe the scene in chapter one after Mr. Peterson says he doesn't want everyone looking at his wife in the bedroom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is it that Scarpetta feels for the victims that she has had to autopsy for this murder? What does it reveal about Scarpetta that she has let it get to her on a personal level? Could part of the reason she has taken these murder's to heart be in part because she is a woman.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Describe Bill Boltz. How does it change the reader's view of Bill when it is learned that he raped Abby?
Part 2) Speculate on whether or not Abby was lying.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Compare Scarpetta and Marino. What do these characters have in common? What is different about them?
Part 2) How does Scarpetta feel about Marino at the end of the book compared to the beginning.
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)