|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marino say about the killer when Scarpetta asks if he is killing more frequently because of the press?
2. How long does Scarpetta have to wait in the lobby before Amburgey calls her into his office?
3. What does Scarpetta learn happened at the Peterson the night that Lori was killed?
4. Why does Boltz say he didn't warn Scarpetta about the meeting?
5. What was Brenda Steppe cooking before she was killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in chapter two where Scarpetta is alone in the morgue.
2. What is Scarpetta told happened to their computer system in chapter five?
3. What does Scarpetta note about Marino and his thoughts on suspects for Lori Peterson's killer.
4. What does Scarpetta write about Lori Peterson in the end of chapter two in regards to her health?
5. In chapter one what does Scarpetta note about the victims?
6. Describe what Scarpetta is thinking about her sister while in the kitchen with Lucy in chapter seven?
7. What does Marino say he used to do for a living in chapter eight and how does that pertain to his view of the killer?
8. What does Marino tell Scarpetta in chapter eight about what Tanner has told him?
9. Describe the scene in chapter one after Mr. Peterson says he doesn't want everyone looking at his wife in the bedroom?
10. Who does Scarpetta say would have had access to the information about the murders?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Describe the effect that the stress has on Scarpetta over the course of the story.
Part 2) Is it understandable that Scarpetta forgot to load the gun?
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Scarpetta continually compares herself to Lucy when she was younger. What is the purpose of this comparison?
Part 2) Speculate on the reasons that Scarpetta wants to go and see her sister when she takes Lucy home?
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Explain why it is that these murders would be viewed differently than if a homeless person or someone of low reputation was murdered.
Part 2) Does this seem to be a realities public reaction? Explain.
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)