|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Scarpetta thinking about in the beginning of chapter six as a person that might be responsible for breaking into the computer system to look for Lori Peterson's information?
2. What does Marino say he had done before he became a cop?
3. What is found on both the card print that contains Mr. Peterson's fingerprints and the hunting knife found at the scene?
4. What name has Scarpetta given the killer that they are looking for?
5. What kind of doctor was Lori studying to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter five what does Benton say about the killer?
2. What does Scarpetta explain in chapter one that she suspects about the killer, Mr. Nobody, that they are looking for?
3. Describe what the crime scene in Lori Peterson's house looks like.
4. What does Scarpetta say about Bertha and their work relationship?
5. What does Marino tell Scarpetta in chapter eight about what Tanner has told him?
6. What does Scarpetta write about Lori Peterson in the end of chapter two in regards to her health?
7. What does Scarpetta note about Marino and his thoughts on suspects for Lori Peterson's killer.
8. Describe what Scarpetta is thinking about her sister while in the kitchen with Lucy in chapter seven?
9. What do Scarpetta and Benton say about Marino after he has left the room in chapter five?
10. What does Scarpetta know about the glittery substance found on the bodies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Part 1) Scarpetta is the main character in the story. What about her makes her someone the reader can identify with?
Part 2) What other characters in the book had the potential, if any, to be a main character or the focus at various points? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Part 1) Both Scarpetta and Abby Turnbull are career women. Describe their personalities.
Part 2) Speculate on the reasons that Abby didn't go to the police with her accusations of Bill Boltz's rape. Would Scarpetta have done the same as Abby? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Part 1) Is Scarpetta a believable character? Is the way that she claims to be treated different because she is female seemingly realistic in a modern setting? Explain.
Part 2) What other prejudices are seen in the story.
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)