|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marino tell Scarpetta she needs to come with him to do in the beginning of chapter twelve?
(a) Take a look at a new suspect.
(b) Take a ride.
(c) Go talk to Tanner.
(d) Go for a drink.
2. What does Lucy tell Scarpetta to hurt her while they are fighting at the table?
(a) I wish you were dead.
(b) I want to go home.
(c) I hate you.
(d) I crapped in your bed.
3. Why does Bertha say she likes to have the blinds open?
(a) Its healthy.
(b) Kills germs.
(c) Lets her feel free.
(d) Makes the room feel bigger.
4. When Scarpetta arrives at her office in chapter twelve what does the note from Amburgey say he expects to have an explanation about?
(a) The Times release.
(b) Abby Turnbull's information.
(c) Her computer.
(d) Bill Boltz.
5. What does Lucy say about Scarpetta having a gun?
(a) It is smart.
(b) It is stupid.
(c) It makes Lucy nervous.
(d) It doesn't make any difference to Lucy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Scarpetta briefly worried that Wingo may be being tested for?
2. What does Spiro tell Scarpetta to let the men in her world know?
3. Where is a large percentage of the world's borax mined at?
4. Why does Scarpetta explain to Lucy that she owns a gun?
5. What does the young woman who was hit by the car have in her wallet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene at home in chapter fourteen when Scarpetta arrives home to Lucy.
2. What does Abby say in chapter eleven is the reason that she hates Bill Boltz.
3. What does Scarpetta tell Abby is the real reason that she has asked Abby to come to talk to her at the ME's office in chapter thirteen?
4. What does Spiro suggest to Scarpetta in chapter twelve regarding the murder of Henna?
5. What is revealed about Scarpetta's childhood in chapter nine?
6. Describe what happens while Scarpetta is listening to the 911 tapes that Marino let her take home.
7. What does Marino come in with in chapter thirteen?
8. Explain what is discovered about the killer by the end of the book.
9. What is Scarpetta told when her mother calls in chapter nine?
10. What happens in chapter nine after Lucy goes to bed?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)