|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarpetta's mother call to say?
(a) That she is sick.
(b) That Lucy must come home.
(c) That Lucy's mother has gone to get married.
(d) That Scarpetta is going to have to care for Lucy.
2. In chapter fourteen what does Scarpetta say that Margret had made the data base administrator?
3. What startles Scarpetta while she is walking into the parking garage in chapter twelve?
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A jogger.
(c) A phone ringing.
(d) A cat.
4. How old was the murderer?
5. What does Scarpetta's mother get on to her for in chapter nine?
(a) Not inviting her to come visit.
(b) Not calling more often.
(c) Not wearing a hat in the bad weather.
(d) No grandchildren.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Abby went to New York for?
2. What does Lucy tell Scarpetta she should stop doing?
3. What does Scarpetta realize about her gun after the killer is dead?
4. What does Bill say the killer being quiet may mean?
5. What does Scarpetta say when Lucy says her mother sleeps with her boyfriends in the house all the time?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the end of chapter fifteen what is Scarpetta dreaming about?
2. What is revealed about Scarpetta's childhood in chapter nine?
3. What is Scarpetta told when her mother calls in chapter nine?
4. What do Lucy and Scarpetta talk about at the kitchen table in chapter nine?
5. What does Scarpetta tell Abby is the real reason that she has asked Abby to come to talk to her at the ME's office in chapter thirteen?
6. In chapter eleven what does Abby recall about telling her sister to be careful?
7. Describe the changes that Scarpetta is noticing and what she is thinking about as she drives home in the beginning of chapter nine.
8. Explain what is discovered about the killer by the end of the book.
9. Describe what happens while Scarpetta is listening to the 911 tapes that Marino let her take home.
10. What happens while Wingo is cleaning out the lab refrigerator in chapter nine?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)