|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margaret tell Scarpetta she has that might be helpful?
(a) Formatted disk.
(c) Z drive.
(d) Flat file.
2. Why does Marino suggest that Bill Boltz wife would take her own life?
(a) She found out about an affair.
(b) Because she had an overdue library book.
(c) To punish Bill.
(d) She found out he was murdering women.
3. Who was Abby Turnbull screaming at when she arrives in chapter eleven?
(c) Bill Boltz.
(d) The officers.
4. What was used to tie up Henna Yarborough?
(a) Telephone wire.
(b) Electric cords from her curling iron.
(d) Venetian blind cords.
5. What does Lucy tell Scarpetta she should stop doing?
(a) Eating so much.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarpetta imagine that the killer has done after reading the newspaper?
2. How old was the murderer?
3. What is the main ingredient in the pink soap tested in chapter ten?
4. What does Scarpetta tell her mother when her mother asks her about how bad she sounds?
5. What does the young woman who was hit by the car have in her wallet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while Wingo is cleaning out the lab refrigerator in chapter nine?
2. What does Scarpetta tell Abby is the real reason that she has asked Abby to come to talk to her at the ME's office in chapter thirteen?
3. What is Scarpetta told when her mother calls in chapter nine?
4. What does Lucy think about in regards to Lucy's IQ in chapter fourteen?
5. What does Scarpetta and Lucy decide to do in the end of chapter sixteen?
6. What does Marino come in with in chapter thirteen?
7. What does Abby Turnbull say happened to her that the police didn't help with?
8. In the end of chapter fifteen what is Scarpetta dreaming about?
9. Describe the phone conversation that occurs with Cecile's family in chapter fourteen.
10. Describe the changes that Scarpetta is noticing and what she is thinking about as she drives home in the beginning of chapter nine.
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)