|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarpetta buy for Lucy while she is out getting lunch in chapter five?
(a) A computer game.
(b) A new pair of shoes.
(c) A doll.
(d) A history tutorial for the computer.
2. What does Vander do while they are scanning Peterson's body with the laser when they find something?
(b) Sits down.
(d) Says they finally caught a break.
3. Why does Boltz say that Turnbull would be willing to hack into the computer for the files about the murders?
(a) Because she is the murderer.
(b) To get back at Boltz for turning her down.
(c) To get a job at a national newspaper.
(d) To win a writting award.
4. Who does Scarpetta call from the morgue?
(b) Her assistant.
(c) Bertha to check on Lucy.
(d) The local police chief.
5. What does Scarpetta blame her confusion on in chapter two?
(a) Her lack of clues in the murders.
(c) Her guilt over leaving Lucy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Peterson say his wife had been working?
2. What does Scarpetta say about the clock that is over the train station at the cities lower end?
3. What had Lori eaten very close to the time of her death?
4. What does Scarpetta advise Marino to gather from Mr. Peterson for testing?
5. After looking Lori over more carefully what does Scarpetta realize about the killer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Betty and Scarpetta talk about in chapter six?
2. Describe the scene in chapter five when Marino becomes upset with Kay and Benton just before he storms out of the room.
3. Describe the differences that Scarpetta talks about between her and the previous medical examiner, Cagney.
4. What does Matt Peterson tell the police about his wife during the questioning in chapter four?
5. What does Scarpetta explain in chapter one that she suspects about the killer, Mr. Nobody, that they are looking for?
6. What does Bill Boltz say about the reporter Abby Turnbull in chapter seven?
7. In chapter four Marino tells Scarpetta about different murderers that he has brought in. Explain what it is he says and how it links to the current investigation.
8. Describe the scene in chapter one after Mr. Peterson says he doesn't want everyone looking at his wife in the bedroom?
9. Who does Scarpetta say would have had access to the information about the murders?
10. Describe the scene in chapter two where Scarpetta is alone in the morgue.
This section contains 1,222 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)