|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marino say to Scarpetta when she is ready to leave?
(a) That they will catch the killer.
(b) That she did a good job.
(c) That he will walk her to her car.
(d) That this one feels different than the others.
2. What does Neils Vander say about the laser machine and himself in chapter two?
(a) They are both slow to warm up.
(b) They are both running low on juice.
(c) They are both on the fritz.
(d) They are both sensitive and complicated.
3. What does Scarpetta suggest may be the reason that the knife was used by killer?
(a) She has no clue.
(b) Because he needed a weapon.
(c) To throw suspicion onto the husband.
(d) To taunt Lori before she was killed.
4. What does Scarpetta say about the clock that is over the train station at the cities lower end?
(a) It is broke and always says it is twelve-seventeen.
(b) It's a wonder it still works.
(c) It is right two times a day.
(d) It is always an hour slow.
5. What play does Marino say Mr. Peterson is involved in?
(a) One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
(c) A Midsummer Night's Dream.
(d) Romeo and Juliet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a speculation from Marino in chapter eight for the reason that the killer used a knife rather than a gun?
2. Where does Scarpetta speculate that the killer must have touched Peterson first because the largest deposit of the glittery substance is found there.
3. What two magazines does Scarpetta notice on the table in Lori Peterson's home?
4. What possible connection does Marino explain he has made recently between Brenda Steppe and Lori Peterson?
5. In the beginning of chapter six what does Scarpetta compare the Forensic Science Bureau to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what the crime scene in Lori Peterson's house looks like.
2. What does Scarpetta know about the glittery substance found on the bodies?
3. Describe the differences that Scarpetta talks about between her and the previous medical examiner, Cagney.
4. What does Scarpetta say has happened in the city since the newspaper reporters began covering the murders?
5. What does Scarpetta say about Bertha and their work relationship?
6. What does Bill Boltz say about the reporter Abby Turnbull in chapter seven?
7. Describe the scene in chapter one after Mr. Peterson says he doesn't want everyone looking at his wife in the bedroom?
8. What is Scarpetta told happened to their computer system in chapter five?
9. Describe the scene outside when Scarpetta leaves the crime scene.
10. What does Scarpetta explain in chapter one that she suspects about the killer, Mr. Nobody, that they are looking for?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)