|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a speculation from Marino in chapter eight for the reason that the killer used a knife rather than a gun?
(a) Don't want himself to be accidentally shot.
(b) Afraid of gun shot residue.
(c) Don't want the girl to be accidentally shot.
(d) Don't want anyone to hear a gun shot and call the cops.
2. What does Mr. Peterson major in at his school?
3. Why does Boltz say that Turnbull would be willing to hack into the computer for the files about the murders?
(a) To get back at Boltz for turning her down.
(b) To win a writting award.
(c) To get a job at a national newspaper.
(d) Because she is the murderer.
4. What does Scarpetta do when she is stressed or had a bad day?
(a) Get drunk.
(c) Go for a run.
(d) Go to the beach.
5. What does Scarpetta say she feels like she will be doing if she goes into Dr. Alvin Amburgey's office without a notepad or something of that nature?
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Lori eaten very close to the time of her death?
2. Where is Lori Peterson's body found?
3. What does Scarpetta say is a prerequisite of a person her sister is willing to date?
4. What play does Marino say Mr. Peterson is involved in?
5. What is found on the blade of the hunting knife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the differences that Scarpetta talks about between her and the previous medical examiner, Cagney.
2. Describe the scene in chapter two where Scarpetta is alone in the morgue.
3. In chapter two what does Scarpetta note about Lori Peterson's injuries?
4. What do Scarpetta and Benton say about Marino after he has left the room in chapter five?
5. What does Scarpetta explain in chapter one that she suspects about the killer, Mr. Nobody, that they are looking for?
6. Describe what is talked about in chapter six while Scarpetta is in Amburgey's office.
7. What does Bill Boltz say about the reporter Abby Turnbull in chapter seven?
8. What does Scarpetta write about Lori Peterson in the end of chapter two in regards to her health?
9. What does Scarpetta say has happened in the city since the newspaper reporters began covering the murders?
10. Describe what the crime scene in Lori Peterson's house looks like.
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)