|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarpetta notice when she calls Cecile's sister's number?
(a) She needs a pedicure.
(b) Cecile's family doesn't care what happens in the case.
(c) Although they are black they sound as if they could be white.
(d) That her sister is very hateful.
2. What does Wingo say he gathered for evidence from Amburgey?
(a) Hair brush.
(b) Cigarette butt.
(c) Used toilet paper.
(d) Bottled water.
3. What does Scarpetta tell Lucy while they are sitting on the couch in chapter fourteen?
(a) She is going to quit her job.
(b) Lucy is beautiful.
(c) She wants Lucy to come live with her.
(d) She trusts Lucy more than anyone else.
4. How many names are on the list for Borawash in Richmond?
(d) A hundred and thirty.
5. What does Marino tell Scarpetta she needs to come with him to do in the beginning of chapter twelve?
(a) Take a look at a new suspect.
(b) Go for a drink.
(c) Take a ride.
(d) Go talk to Tanner.
6. What does Scarpetta realize about her gun after the killer is dead?
(a) The bullets were the wrong size.
(b) It had misfired.
(c) It wasn't loaded.
(d) She hated the gun.
7. What is Scarpetta thinking of doing after the murderer is killed in her bedroom?
(a) Going on vacation.
(b) Selling her house.
(c) Quiting her job.
(d) Changing her room to the guest room.
8. Where is a large percentage of the world's borax mined at?
(a) Ozark Mountains.
(d) Death Valley.
9. What does Scarpetta say her father died from?
(a) Lung cancer.
10. What does Scarpetta say she sometimes forgets to take off before she leaves the building?
(a) Her lab coat.
(b) Her shoe covers.
(c) Her hair net.
(d) Her gloves.
11. What does Lucy say in chapter fourteen when Scarpetta asks her to help find out who broke into the computer at the office?
(a) She wants to go home.
(b) She doesn't know how.
(c) It's easy to break into computers.
(d) She wants to be paid upfront.
12. How did the killer get up to Henna's window?
(a) Rusty fire escape ladder.
(b) Standing on a trash can.
(c) She lived on the first floor.
(d) The elevator.
13. Why does Lucy say that Bill and Scarpetta want Lucy to leave?
(a) Because they don't want any kids.
(b) Because Lucy isn't any fun.
(c) So that Scarpetta and Bill can sleep together.
(d) So that they can drink and go to parties.
14. Why does Scarpetta explain to Lucy that she owns a gun?
(a) No woman should be without one.
(b) She is scared.
(c) She likes to target practice.
(d) She lives alone.
15. In chapter ten who is Scarpetta thinking of and realizing they would have had time to plant the contaminated PERK test in the lab refrigerator?
(a) Betty or Wingo.
(b) Bill Boltz.
(c) Abby Turnbull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main ingredient in the pink soap tested in chapter ten?
2. What does Lucy say that the System/Manager is?
3. Who does Marino say is a suspect for Henna's killing?
4. What does Scarpetta imagine that the killer has done after reading the newspaper?
5. Who does Abby go after since she can't touch Bill and Abby says will most likely not have a job when Scarpetta returns from her vacation with Lucy?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)