|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abby say when she learns that it may have been her article that the person got the tan belt piece of information from?
(a) Good God.
(b) What an ass.
(c) Heaven help us.
(d) Oh no.
2. What does Scarpetta explain will happen if she can't explain who got into her computer?
(a) Scarpetta will be in trouble.
(b) She can't explain it.
(c) The murderer might kill again.
(d) Scarpetta will have to go somewhere else to work.
3. What does Lucy tell Scarpetta she should stop doing?
(a) Eating so much.
4. What was the killer doing in Boston years earlier when similar murders had happened there?
(a) Delivering flowers.
(b) Working as a crossing guard.
(c) Delivering chickens to a plant in Boston.
(d) Acting as a magician for birthday parties.
5. How did the killer get up to Henna's window?
(a) Standing on a trash can.
(b) The elevator.
(c) She lived on the first floor.
(d) Rusty fire escape ladder.
6. What does Lucy say as Scarpetta puts her to bed in chapter nine?
(a) She hopes the plane her mother is on crashes.
(b) She misses her mother.
(c) She wants to live with Scarpetta.
(d) She thinks her grandmother is a boob.
7. What does Margaret tell Scarpetta she has that might be helpful?
(b) Flat file.
(c) Formatted disk.
(d) Z drive.
8. What does Marino and Scarpetta both comment in chapter twelve that the victims all had in common?
(a) They all used the same vet.
(b) They didn't like cats.
(c) They all were divorced or separated.
(d) They didn't have a dog.
9. What does Scarpetta say about Lucy's IQ in chapter fourteen?
(a) It is better than average.
(b) It is very low.
(c) It is exceptionally high.
(d) It is plain.
10. When Scarpetta arrives at her office in chapter twelve what does the note from Amburgey say he expects to have an explanation about?
(a) Abby Turnbull's information.
(b) The Times release.
(c) Bill Boltz.
(d) Her computer.
11. What does Scarpetta say she wants the killer to be put through when she talks to Dr. Sprio?
(a) She wants to tie him up and cut off his fingers one at a time.
(b) She wants him to feel the fear the women felt.
(c) She wants him to die.
(d) She wants him to be tortured.
12. Why does Bertha say she likes to have the blinds open?
(a) Lets her feel free.
(b) Kills germs.
(c) Its healthy.
(d) Makes the room feel bigger.
13. Who does Abby go after since she can't touch Bill and Abby says will most likely not have a job when Scarpetta returns from her vacation with Lucy?
14. What does Scarpetta tell her mother when her mother asks her about how bad she sounds?
(a) That she has been sick.
(b) That she is just fine.
(c) That she is tired.
(d) That it is none of her business.
15. What startles Scarpetta while she is walking into the parking garage in chapter twelve?
(a) A cat.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A jogger.
(d) A phone ringing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Scarpetta imagine that the killer has done after reading the newspaper?
2. What is substance is found on the PERK test card when they are checking to see whose finger prints are on it?
3. What does Lucy tell Scarpetta to hurt her while they are fighting at the table?
4. What does Lucy tell Scarpetta to look at to see if the computer information has been changed?
5. Why does Marino suggest that Bill Boltz wife would take her own life?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)