|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Henna Yarborough's roommate?
(a) Marino's ex-wife.
(b) Abby Turnbull.
(c) The police chief's daughter.
(d) Henna's cousin.
2. What does Lucy say as Scarpetta puts her to bed in chapter nine?
(a) She hopes the plane her mother is on crashes.
(b) She thinks her grandmother is a boob.
(c) She misses her mother.
(d) She wants to live with Scarpetta.
3. What does Lucy say is hidden beside the modem in Scarpetta's closet?
(a) Scarpetta's graphic medical examiner books.
(b) Scarpetta's love letters.
(c) Pictures of Scarpetta's father.
(d) Scarpetta's .38.
4. In chapter fifteen what does Scarpetta admit to herself that she has been harboring a fear over in regards to the killer?
(a) They might never catch him.
(b) He would turn to children next.
(c) It could be a cop.
(d) It could be a family man.
5. What does Scarpetta's mother call to say?
(a) That Lucy's mother has gone to get married.
(b) That Scarpetta is going to have to care for Lucy.
(c) That Lucy must come home.
(d) That she is sick.
6. What does Scarpetta tell Wingo is the reason that the killer continues to hurt women?
(a) He is trying to kill his mother.
(b) He likes it.
(c) He has issues.
(d) He is sick.
7. What does Scarpetta hear when she answers the phone in chapter ten?
(a) Someone singing.
(b) A train.
(c) Distant people reciting lines.
(d) A child laughing.
8. In chapter fifteen what does Scarpetta do before she gets into bed?
(a) Calls Boltz.
(b) Puts the .38 under her pillow.
(c) Goes in to check on Lucy.
(d) Calls Benton.
9. Why does Lucy say that Bill and Scarpetta want Lucy to leave?
(a) So that Scarpetta and Bill can sleep together.
(b) So that they can drink and go to parties.
(c) Because they don't want any kids.
(d) Because Lucy isn't any fun.
10. What does Lucy say to Scarpetta while they are eating dinner in chapter nine?
(a) I wish you were my mother.
(b) I want to go home.
(c) You don't trust me.
(d) You look sick.
11. What does Marino suggest when the extra evidence is found unlabeled in the lab refrigerator at the ME's office?
(a) That they throw them away and keep quiet.
(b) That they test it against Matt Peterson.
(c) That Scarpetta is slipping.
(d) That someone else put it there.
12. What does Lucy say about Scarpetta having a gun?
(a) It is smart.
(b) It doesn't make any difference to Lucy.
(c) It makes Lucy nervous.
(d) It is stupid.
13. What had Marino not told Scarpetta when she played the 911 tape for him?
(a) That there was no way to trace the voice.
(b) That he had already figured this out.
(c) He knew how to find out who the killer was.
(d) He recognized the voice.
14. What does Lucy say that the System/Manager is?
(b) A nifty application.
(c) Nothing she has ever used before.
(d) Beyond her comprehension.
15. What is Scarpetta thinking of doing after the murderer is killed in her bedroom?
(a) Selling her house.
(b) Quiting her job.
(c) Going on vacation.
(d) Changing her room to the guest room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Scarpetta call in the beginning of chapter thirteen?
2. What does the victim, Henna Yarborough, do for a living as described in chapter eleven?
3. Why does Bertha say she likes to have the blinds open?
4. What does Marino tell Scarpetta to do in chapter twelve if she happens to hear from Boltz?
5. What did Andy do for a living?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)