|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bertha say she likes to have the blinds open?
(a) Makes the room feel bigger.
(b) Lets her feel free.
(c) Kills germs.
(d) Its healthy.
2. Where does Marino take Scarpetta in chapter twelve?
(a) To Disney Land.
(b) To Abby Turnbull's apartment.
(c) To the cemetary.
(d) To a bar.
3. How old was the murderer?
4. What does Abby say when she learns that it may have been her article that the person got the tan belt piece of information from?
(a) Oh no.
(b) What an ass.
(c) Good God.
(d) Heaven help us.
5. What was the killer doing in Boston years earlier when similar murders had happened there?
(a) Working as a crossing guard.
(b) Acting as a magician for birthday parties.
(c) Delivering chickens to a plant in Boston.
(d) Delivering flowers.
6. What does the victim, Henna Yarborough, do for a living as described in chapter eleven?
(b) Teaches Journalism.
(c) Yoga instructor.
(d) Business analyst.
7. What does Scarpetta find when she calls Bill Boltz's office?
(a) He has asked that Scarpetta not call him.
(b) He has gone out to lunch with Amburgey.
(c) He is home sick.
(d) He has gone on vacation.
8. Who does Lucy says let her shoot a gun?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandmother.
9. What does Scarpetta say when Lucy says her mother sleeps with her boyfriends in the house all the time?
(a) Your mother is a huzzy.
(b) We don't speak of such things at the table.
(c) I'm not your mother.
(d) I don't care.
10. In chapter fifteen what does Scarpetta do before she gets into bed?
(a) Goes in to check on Lucy.
(b) Calls Benton.
(c) Calls Boltz.
(d) Puts the .38 under her pillow.
11. What does Scarpetta admit to Dr. Spiro Fortosis in chapter twelve?
(a) She had met Lori Peterson once before Peterson was murdered.
(b) She believes Bill Boltz to be the murderer.
(c) She wants to kill Marino.
(d) She is thinking of quiting.
12. What does Lucy say in chapter fourteen when Scarpetta asks her to help find out who broke into the computer at the office?
(a) She wants to go home.
(b) She doesn't know how.
(c) She wants to be paid upfront.
(d) It's easy to break into computers.
13. Who does Scarpetta call to ask about the old backed up data?
14. What does Lucy tell Scarpetta to look at to see if the computer information has been changed?
(a) Ask the other people in the office.
(b) Take the computer to the cops.
(c) Old back up data.
(d) Look in a skeleton file.
15. What is Scarpetta briefly worried that Wingo may be being tested for?
(c) Foot fungus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Scarpetta arrives at her office in chapter twelve what does the note from Amburgey say he expects to have an explanation about?
2. What startles Scarpetta while she is walking into the parking garage in chapter twelve?
3. What does Scarpetta imagine that the killer has done after reading the newspaper?
4. What substance do they test in chapter ten that gives off the same glittery shine when exposed to the laser as the substance found on the murder victims?
5. What do Scarpetta and Benton say that the women had in common in chapter fifteen after Scarpetta explains about her conversation with Cecile's family?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)