|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarpetta say she tries to do with cops like Marino in chapter one?
(a) Get their take on what happened.
(b) Work with them.
(c) Take them out to dinner.
(d) Avoid them.
2. In the beginning of chapter six what does Scarpetta compare the Forensic Science Bureau to?
(a) Prairie dog village.
(c) Ant colony.
3. What does Marino say would happen if people knew him and Scarpetta were riding around together at that moment in chapter eight?
(a) No one would care.
(b) Marino would loose his badge.
(c) Marino and Scarpetta would be front page.
(d) Scarpetta would be fired.
4. How long does Scarpetta have to wait in the lobby before Amburgey calls her into his office?
(a) Less than twenty seconds.
(b) Two hours.
(c) She doesn't go.
(d) Thirty minutes.
5. Who does Scarpetta call from the morgue?
(a) Bertha to check on Lucy.
(b) The local police chief.
(d) Her assistant.
6. What does Scarpetta buy for Lucy while she is out getting lunch in chapter five?
(a) A doll.
(b) A history tutorial for the computer.
(c) A new pair of shoes.
(d) A computer game.
7. What two magazines does Scarpetta notice on the table in Lori Peterson's home?
(a) National Geographic and Malpractice 'How Not To's'.
(b) Todays Doctor and Oncology Updates.
(c) People and Time.
(d) Scientific American and the New England Journal of Medicine.
8. What does Boltz say that they must control until the cops find the killer?
(a) The leaks to the press.
(b) The investigations.
(c) The lack of cooperations.
(d) Their public image.
9. What does the laser find of Peterson's body?
(a) Fibers from the killer's clothing.
(b) Three partial prints.
(c) Spit from the killer.
(d) Hair from the killer.
10. What is Benton Wesley's job?
(a) Profiler for the FBI.
(b) A detective for a neighboring city police department.
(c) Chief of police.
11. Where is Lori Peterson's body found?
(d) Living room.
12. What was Brenda Steppe cooking before she was killed?
(b) Eggs and baccon.
(c) Beef and onions.
(d) Pork Chops.
13. What does Scarpetta say happened to Boltz's wife?
(a) She turned out to be crazy.
(b) She died.
(c) He has never been married.
(d) They divorced.
14. After looking Lori over more carefully what does Scarpetta realize about the killer?
(a) He has something wrong with one of his hands.
(b) He is a complete sicko.
(c) He is exceptionally strong.
(d) He is becoming more cruel.
15. In chapter eight where does Marino say he wants to take Scarpetta?
(a) To a show.
(b) Somewhere fun.
(c) Out to eat.
(d) On a tour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Peterson say his wife had been working?
2. Why does Marino say that there should have been footprints found in Lori Peterson's bathroom where the killer apparently entered?
3. What does Scarpetta suggest may be the reason that the knife was used by killer?
4. In chapter six what does Betty say that the fibers on the knife from the crime scene are consistent with?
5. What had Benton been before becoming an FBI agent?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)