|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Scarpetta say she feels like she will be doing if she goes into Dr. Alvin Amburgey's office without a notepad or something of that nature?
2. What does Boltz say that they must control until the cops find the killer?
(a) Their public image.
(b) The lack of cooperations.
(c) The leaks to the press.
(d) The investigations.
3. What does Scarpetta say has never bothered her?
(a) The living.
(b) Floating dismembered heads.
(c) Dead bodies.
4. What is Benton Wesley's job?
(a) Profiler for the FBI.
(c) A detective for a neighboring city police department.
(d) Chief of police.
5. What does Vander do while they are scanning Peterson's body with the laser when they find something?
(a) Sits down.
(d) Says they finally caught a break.
6. What kind of doctor was Lori studying to be?
(a) Heart surgeon.
(d) Plastic surgeon.
7. What had Scarpetta done to Cagney's office when it became hers?
(b) Put up new portraits.
(c) Went through everything that she might need.
(d) Emptied it.
8. What is on Mr. Peterson's disks regarding his literary dissertations.
(a) "How To Kill Your Wife & Get Away With It."
(b) Tennesse Williams, homosexuality and cannibalism.
(c) Virginia Wolfe and death.
(d) William Shakespear, homosexuality and the uselessness of women.
9. Where is Lori Peterson's body found?
(a) Living room.
10. What is found on the blade of the hunting knife?
(d) Partial prints.
11. What does Marino say Mr. Peterson does that most people don't do when they find someone they love murdered?
(a) Made lewd jokes.
(b) Gave explicit details.
(c) Got quiet.
(d) Talk on and on about it.
12. What does Scarpetta say the morgue smells like?
(a) Stale stench of death.
(b) Harsh sanitizers and cheap air fresheners.
(c) Metallic smell of blood.
(d) Suffering and loss.
13. What does Mr. Peterson major in at his school?
14. What does Marino say that Matt Peterson had done the day before?
(a) Failed his polygraph.
(b) Passed a polygraph.
(c) Left town.
(d) Got arrested.
15. What does Marino say happened when they started questioning Mr. Peterson?
(a) His personality completely changed.
(b) He admitted he hated his wife.
(c) He kept changing his story.
(d) He refused to answer any questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What possible connection does Marino explain he has made recently between Brenda Steppe and Lori Peterson?
2. Who pulls up as Marino and Scarpetta leave Lori Peterson's house in chapter one?
3. Who pulls in for dinner while Lucy and Scarpetta are making dinner?
4. Who does Betty say is going to hand deliver the samples from the last two cases to Dr. Glassman?
5. Who is Scarpetta continually thinking about while talking to Betty?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)