|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What possible connection does Marino explain he has made recently between Brenda Steppe and Lori Peterson?
(a) Brenda jogged by Lori's house.
(b) Brenda was treated at the ER where Lori worked.
(c) Both women used the same female doctor.
(d) Lori's neice is in Brenda's class.
2. What name has Scarpetta given the killer that they are looking for?
(a) Mr. Nobody.
(b) Dr. Giggles.
(c) The Theif.
(d) The Watcher.
3. Whose facial reconstruction does Scarpetta have in her office?
(a) A woman that drown saving her child.
(b) An unidentified boy.
(c) Marilyn Monroe.
(d) President Lincoln.
4. What does Scarpetta learn happened at the Peterson the night that Lori was killed?
(a) Matt Peterson was home and had a fight with a neighbor.
(b) Someone called 911 from her house.
(c) A fire alarm went off.
(d) Lori Peterson was involved in an altercation.
5. What does Mr. Peterson say he smelled when he walked into his house?
(a) A sweet putrid smell.
(b) Like candy or fresh fruit.
(c) Something like body odor.
(d) A smell like something bitter or metalic.
6. What is found on the blade of the hunting knife?
(d) Partial prints.
7. What does Boltz say that they must control until the cops find the killer?
(a) Their public image.
(b) The investigations.
(c) The lack of cooperations.
(d) The leaks to the press.
8. What does Scarpetta blame her confusion on in chapter two?
(a) Her guilt over leaving Lucy.
(d) Her lack of clues in the murders.
9. What had Scarpetta done to Cagney's office when it became hers?
(a) Went through everything that she might need.
(b) Put up new portraits.
(d) Emptied it.
10. What does Scarpetta say after Marino has driven her to all the women's houses?
(a) They all looked secure from the street.
(b) Their homes are all nice and should bring a nice price.
(c) They weren't chosen because of their homes's locations.
(d) Their homes are as varied as they are.
11. What does Scarpetta say must have been one of Lori Peterson's most prized instruments?
(a) Her surgical tools.
(b) Her musical instruments.
(c) Her fingers.
(d) Her knowledge acquired at school.
12. What does Scarpetta advise Marino to gather from Mr. Peterson for testing?
(a) Mr. Peterson's medicated creams.
(b) Mr. Peterson's blood.
(c) All substances from Mr. Peterson's house.
(d) The paint used in Mr. Peterson's dress rehersals.
13. What does Scarpetta do when she is stressed or had a bad day?
(a) Go for a run.
(c) Go to the beach.
(d) Get drunk.
14. What is found on both the card print that contains Mr. Peterson's fingerprints and the hunting knife found at the scene?
(a) Blood from Lori Peterson.
(b) Sparkling residue that resembles what was found on the body.
(c) Latex powder.
15. What had Benton been before becoming an FBI agent?
(a) Sanitation worker.
(c) Piano tuner.
(d) High school principal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who found Lori Peterson's body?
2. What does Scarpetta say she feels like she will be doing if she goes into Dr. Alvin Amburgey's office without a notepad or something of that nature?
3. What had Scarpetta promised to do with Lucy that day?
4. Why does Boltz say that Turnbull would be willing to hack into the computer for the files about the murders?
5. What is on Mr. Peterson's disks regarding his literary dissertations.
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)