|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Amburgey say that the press has cited their source as in the paper?
(a) A member of the victim's family.
(b) A member of the police force.
(c) A top investigator.
(d) A medical source.
2. Who is Scarpetta continually thinking about while talking to Betty?
(a) Matt Peterson.
3. What does Boltz say that they must control until the cops find the killer?
(a) The leaks to the press.
(b) Their public image.
(c) The investigations.
(d) The lack of cooperations.
4. What is Benton Wesley's job?
(a) Profiler for the FBI.
(b) A detective for a neighboring city police department.
(c) Chief of police.
5. What does Marino say Mr. Peterson does that most people don't do when they find someone they love murdered?
(a) Made lewd jokes.
(b) Gave explicit details.
(c) Talk on and on about it.
(d) Got quiet.
6. Why does Boltz say he didn't warn Scarpetta about the meeting?
(a) He didn't know.
(b) He was under orders not to tell.
(c) He was hoping Amburgey would change his mind.
(d) He didn't want to worry her.
7. What does Scarpetta say the morgue smells like?
(a) Suffering and loss.
(b) Harsh sanitizers and cheap air fresheners.
(c) Stale stench of death.
(d) Metallic smell of blood.
8. What was Lori Peterson's profession?
(b) Exotic dancer.
9. Why does Marino say the bathroom window had been unlocked in Lori Peterson's house?
(a) Their cat went in and out through the window.
(b) She liked to leave it open.
(c) Her husband unlocked it.
(d) The lock was broke.
10. Where is Lori Peterson's body found?
(c) Living room.
11. How do Betty and Scarpetta describe the phone calls that have been received with information about the killer?
(a) As scarce as a yeti.
(b) They are wild goose chases.
(c) A few have potentials.
(d) They don't talk about the phone calls.
12. What does Scarpetta note when Betty is talking about the other women that were murdered prior to Lori Peterson?
(a) They talk about the women as if they are numbers and not people.
(b) They are both scared that they will never catch the killer.
(c) They talk about the women as if they knew them.
(d) That it is time for a cigarette break.
13. Why does Scarpetta say she doesn't think Mr. Peterson is the killer when Marino asks her about it in chapter four?
(a) He obviously loved his wife.
(b) He has a solid alibi.
(c) Mr. Peterson doesn't profile right for the killer.
(d) He has kind eyes.
14. What kind of doctor was Lori studying to be?
(a) Heart surgeon.
(d) Plastic surgeon.
15. What does Scarpetta say must have been one of Lori Peterson's most prized instruments?
(a) Her knowledge acquired at school.
(b) Her surgical tools.
(c) Her fingers.
(d) Her musical instruments.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of chapter six what does Scarpetta compare the Forensic Science Bureau to?
2. What had Lori eaten very close to the time of her death?
3. Where does Matt tell Marino he met Lori?
4. How does Marino describe Mr. Peterson in chapter two?
5. What does Marino say he had done before he became a cop?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)