|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marino say might be the cause of the substance found on Lori Peterson?
(c) Animal fat.
2. What was used to strangle the first victim, Brenda Steppe?
(a) An unidentified object.
(c) A belt.
(d) A length of rope.
3. Who does Scarpetta call from the morgue?
(b) Her assistant.
(c) The local police chief.
(d) Bertha to check on Lucy.
4. Who pulls in for dinner while Lucy and Scarpetta are making dinner?
(a) Matt Peterson.
(b) Bill Boltz.
5. What does Scarpetta note when Betty is talking about the other women that were murdered prior to Lori Peterson?
(a) They are both scared that they will never catch the killer.
(b) That it is time for a cigarette break.
(c) They talk about the women as if they knew them.
(d) They talk about the women as if they are numbers and not people.
6. What does Boltz say that they must control until the cops find the killer?
(a) The investigations.
(b) The lack of cooperations.
(c) Their public image.
(d) The leaks to the press.
7. What does Marino say happened when they started questioning Mr. Peterson?
(a) He kept changing his story.
(b) He admitted he hated his wife.
(c) He refused to answer any questions.
(d) His personality completely changed.
8. In the beginning of chapter six what does Scarpetta compare the Forensic Science Bureau to?
(c) Ant colony.
(d) Prairie dog village.
9. What had Scarpetta done to Cagney's office when it became hers?
(a) Went through everything that she might need.
(b) Put up new portraits.
(d) Emptied it.
10. What does Scarpetta say must have been one of Lori Peterson's most prized instruments?
(a) Her fingers.
(b) Her surgical tools.
(c) Her musical instruments.
(d) Her knowledge acquired at school.
11. What had Benton been before becoming an FBI agent?
(a) High school principal.
(b) Sanitation worker.
(d) Piano tuner.
12. What does Scarpetta buy for Lucy while she is out getting lunch in chapter five?
(a) A history tutorial for the computer.
(b) A doll.
(c) A computer game.
(d) A new pair of shoes.
13. What does Marino say would happen if people knew him and Scarpetta were riding around together at that moment in chapter eight?
(a) No one would care.
(b) Scarpetta would be fired.
(c) Marino would loose his badge.
(d) Marino and Scarpetta would be front page.
14. What does Neils Vander say about the laser machine and himself in chapter two?
(a) They are both running low on juice.
(b) They are both sensitive and complicated.
(c) They are both slow to warm up.
(d) They are both on the fritz.
15. Who found Lori Peterson's body?
(a) A sanitation worker.
(b) Her husband.
(d) Some kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Scarpetta thinking about in the beginning of chapter six as a person that might be responsible for breaking into the computer system to look for Lori Peterson's information?
2. What does Vander do while they are scanning Peterson's body with the laser when they find something?
3. What does Scarpetta say the morgue smells like?
4. What is found on both the card print that contains Mr. Peterson's fingerprints and the hunting knife found at the scene?
5. Which of the following is NOT a speculation from Marino in chapter eight for the reason that the killer used a knife rather than a gun?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)