|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was the post office building built where Henry works?
2. Who is Henry's union representative?
3. What kinds of health tests does Henry take?
4. What does the plump girl mentioned in Chapter 5 make suggestions about?
5. Where does Henry stay after the racetrack moves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is in the Notice of Decision in Chapters 5-6?
2. What awkward encounter occurs in the nurse's office in Chapters 5-6?
3. Describe how Henry meets Mary Lou.
4. What do we learn about Henry's health in the beginning of Chapters 5-6?
5. What happens to Betty in Chapter 3?
6. What does Henry say to Betty when he finds her drunk in Chapter 3?
7. Why does Henry get called into Skinny Beaver's office?
8. Who is Miss Graves?
9. Who is Robby?
10. What happens when Henry meets Hector?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Henry's tongue-in-cheek attitude towards religion. Be sure to give examples from Chapter 1.
Essay Topic 2
Where do you think Henry gets his superior intellect and reasoning?
Essay Topic 3
Is The Stone an archetypal villain? Support your answer with evidence from the book.
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)