|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fay have when she gives birth?
2. What does the plump girl mentioned in Chapter 5 make suggestions about?
3. How much money does Henry risk on Blue Stocking?
4. What does Henry tell Mr. Winters in Chapter 4 about his job?
5. What does Henry drink while working the required response in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Henry sets fire to the post office.
2. What happens when Henry feels dizzy spells coming on?
3. What awkward encounter occurs in the nurse's office in Chapters 5-6?
4. How does Henry's living situation change when the track moves 100 miles south?
5. What do we learn about Henry's health in the beginning of Chapters 5-6?
6. Why does Henry get called into Skinny Beaver's office?
7. Why does Henry receive a letter of warning from the post office?
8. Why doesn't Henry want to study CP1?
9. Who is Marina Louise Chinaski?
10. What happens when Henry meets Hector?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How and why did Matthew Battles and George Green fail the postal service? Compare and contrast their demise. What effect did each of their failures have on Henry and his decision to resign from the postal service?
Essay Topic 2
What is the relationship like between Henry and The Stone? Does this ever change? If so, how and why?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the end of Henry and Betty's relationship.
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)