|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the route Henry draws after Prell Station one of the toughest routes?
2. What does G.G. give out on his route, besides mail?
3. How does the author describe Matthew Battles's attire?
4. Where does Henry pick up Betty from in his daily routine in Chapter 2?
5. Who advises Henry to report to Prell Station?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does giving out candy to children on his route get G.G. in trouble?
2. How does the author describe the character of Matthew Battles?
3. What happens when The Stone assigns all subs except Henry?
4. Why does Henry decide to go to work for the postal service?
5. How does the author describe Joyce?
6. How does Route 511 compare to other routes?
7. What is The Stone's reaction to Henry's clawed up face after the registered letter incident?
8. Describe the character of G.G.
9. What happens when Joyce wants to divorce Henry?
10. Why does delivering a registered letter on Route 511 go bad for Henry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is The Stone an archetypal villain? Support your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the way Henry takes advantage of other people with how Vi tries to take advantage of Henry. What are the differences/similarities in the way they treat their relationships?
Essay Topic 3
What is the relationship like between Henry and The Stone? Does this ever change? If so, how and why?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)