|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the accusation against G.G. involve?
2. What kind of wedding does Henry agree to with the Texan?
3. Who drives Henry around in Chapter 2 to scare him?
4. What does G.G. miss for the first time after the accusation?
5. What makes Henry start to lose money at the racetrack?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does giving out candy to children on his route get G.G. in trouble?
2. What happens with Henry and the buffalo?
3. How does the author explain why Henry's own clothes are shabby?
4. What does Henry do when he has a handful of mail addressed to a church with no mailbox?
5. Describe Henry's job on Route 539.
6. Describe the character of G.G.
7. How does Route 511 compare to other routes?
8. What steps did it take for Henry to get hired at the post office, and how does he do?
9. Why do Betty and Henry break up?
10. What happens when Joyce wants to divorce Henry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does sex play an major role in Chapter 3? What is Henry more addicted to, sex or alcohol?
Essay Topic 2
Where do you think Henry gets his superior intellect and reasoning?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the relationship of Betty and Henry to the brief marriage of Henry to Joyce.
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)