|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is intriguing about one of Henry's customers while he works at the Prell Station?
2. What happens in Chapter 1 when another woman annoys Henry by asking where the regular man is?
3. How old is the Texan woman?
4. What causes G.G. to break down in Chapter 1?
5. What is Henry's wife referred to as in the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What steps did it take for Henry to get hired at the post office, and how does he do?
2. From whom and how does Matthew Battles steal, and whom does this disappoint?
3. What does the job a "soup" entail as described in the book?
4. What is the response to the 30-page report Henry files against Jonstone?
5. What kind of job does Henry get hired for with the postal service, and where is he first assigned?
6. Describe Jonstone.
7. How does Route 511 compare to other routes?
8. What happens when The Stone assigns all subs except Henry?
9. What happens with Henry and the buffalo?
10. How does giving out candy to children on his route get G.G. in trouble?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the relationship between Henry and his wife Betty. How do they bring out the worst in each other?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay describing how Henry's laziness makes him continue to do the same things but expect different results. Be sure to mention and explain what his marriages and his relationship with working for the post office have in common.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the way Henry takes advantage of other people with how Vi tries to take advantage of Henry. What are the differences/similarities in the way they treat their relationships?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)