|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Henry's postal application has a list of "8 to 10 raps"?
(a) The references section.
(b) The previous work history.
(c) The objective section.
(d) The arrest portion.
2. What happens to Henry after writing the response in Chapter 3?
(a) He is laid off.
(b) He is fired.
(c) He is allowed to continue working.
(d) He finds another job.
3. How long was the tray supposed to take in Chapter 5 when Henry gets in trouble?
(a) 5 minutes
(b) 23 minutes.
(c) 40 minutes.
(d) 12 minutes.
4. How old is Robby?
5. Where does Henry stay after the racetrack moves?
(b) With Gramps.
(c) Betty's house.
(d) Joyce's house
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Joyce give Henry?
2. Why does Henry decide not to go to The Stone's retirement party?
3. How long is Henry's response to the woman in Chapter 3?
4. What kind of a worker is Fay?
5. What does Henry drink with dinner in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Henry get called into Skinny Beaver's office?
2. What does Henry say to Betty when he finds her drunk in Chapter 3?
3. What happens during Henry's exit interview in chapter 6?
4. What happens at Christmas in Chapter 3?
5. What happens when Henry runs into Tom Moto?
6. Why does Henry get angry with Fay in Chapter 4?
7. Who is Marina Louise Chinaski?
8. Who is Robby?
9. Explain how Henry sets fire to the post office.
10. Why does Henry receive a letter of warning from the post office?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)