|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fay have when she gives birth?
(a) Twin boys.
(b) A baby girl.
(c) Twin girls.
(d) A baby boy.
2. When Henry sees Betty in Chapter 3, what does he do?
(a) Calls in sick to work.
(b) Yells at her.
(c) Brings her into work.
(d) Runs away.
3. What happens to Henry after writing the response in Chapter 3?
(a) He is laid off.
(b) He is allowed to continue working.
(c) He is fired.
(d) He finds another job.
4. In Chapter 4, what does Henry develop a new system for?
(a) The post office.
(b) His dating life.
(c) His home.
(d) The racetrack.
5. What gets ripped out of the post office building that upsets Henry?
(a) His trays.
(b) The cafeteria.
(c) The nurse's office.
(d) Drinking fountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fay's hobby?
2. What does the plump girl mentioned in Chapter 5 make suggestions about?
3. Why does Henry sleep all day in Chapters 5-6?
4. What kind of drug does a doctor prescribe for Henry?
5. Where does Henry stay after the racetrack moves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens before Henry decides to write the novel?
2. What does Henry say to Betty when he finds her drunk in Chapter 3?
3. How does the author describe Fay?
4. Who is Miss Graves?
5. Describe how Henry meets Mary Lou.
6. How does Henry's living situation change when the track moves 100 miles south?
7. Why does Henry get called into Skinny Beaver's office?
8. In Chapter 3, what happens when Henry returns to Betty to check on her a week and half later at the hotel?
9. What happens to Betty in Chapter 3?
10. What happens at Christmas in Chapter 3?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)