|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Henry fills out papers in Chapter 4, what does he get?
(a) 90 days off.
(b) 10 days off.
(c) A new home.
(d) A new job.
2. What does Betty get in exchange for the work that she does in Chapter 3?
(a) A room at the hotel.
(c) A paycheck.
3. Who is Marina?
(a) Betty's daughter.
(b) Joyce's daughter.
(c) Mary Lou's daughter.
(d) Henry's daughter.
4. What kind of signs suddenly appear at Henry's work in Chapter 5-6?
(a) No food.
(b) No smoking.
(c) No drinks.
(d) Wanted posters.
5. What career does Henry want to pursue after the post office?
(a) A super.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A trapper.
(d) A painter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens on the streets of LA in Chapter 4?
2. How much does Henry weigh in Chapter 5-6?
3. How much was Henry's life worth in Chapter 4?
4. Where does Henry have pain in Chapters 5 -6?
5. How long does Skinny Beaver say it has taken Henry to complete his tray in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is in the Notice of Decision in Chapters 5-6?
2. What happens before Henry decides to write the novel?
3. How does Henry's living situation change when the track moves 100 miles south?
4. Explain how Henry sets fire to the post office.
5. What does Henry say to Betty when he finds her drunk in Chapter 3?
6. Why does Henry get angry with Fay in Chapter 4?
7. Why does Henry get called into Skinny Beaver's office?
8. What happens when Henry runs into Tom Moto?
9. What awkward encounter occurs in the nurse's office in Chapters 5-6?
10. How does the author describe Fay?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)