|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the tray supposed to take in Chapter 5 when Henry gets in trouble?
(a) 12 minutes.
(b) 23 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes
(d) 40 minutes.
2. What happens on the streets of LA in Chapter 4?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) It snows.
(c) A hurricane.
3. What does the plump girl mentioned in Chapter 5 make suggestions about?
(c) Throwing envelopes.
(d) Postal routes.
4. How long does Skinny Beaver say it has taken Henry to complete his tray in Chapter 5?
(a) 28 minutes.
(b) 8 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 12 minutes.
5. Who tries to attack Henry in Chapter 4?
(b) Mary Lou.
(c) The bartender.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, who is the person that Joyce has not told about her fortune?
2. What is Fay's hobby?
3. What part of Henry's postal application has a list of "8 to 10 raps"?
4. How many days was Henry absent without leave?
5. Where is Betty working when Henry sees her in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Henry want to study CP1?
2. What happens at Christmas in Chapter 3?
3. Explain how Henry sets fire to the post office.
4. What happens when Henry meets Hector?
5. What awkward encounter occurs in the nurse's office in Chapters 5-6?
6. What is in the Notice of Decision in Chapters 5-6?
7. Who is Marina Louise Chinaski?
8. What happens before Henry decides to write the novel?
9. What happens during Henry's exit interview in chapter 6?
10. How does Henry's living situation change when the track moves 100 miles south?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)