|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets in trouble for setting fire to the post office when the ash from his cigar lands on a stack of third-class ?
(b) Skinny Beaver.
(c) Matthew Battles.
2. Who no longer sits with Joyce in the cafeteria?
(c) The super.
(d) Purple Stickpin.
3. In Chapter 4, what does Henry develop a new system for?
(a) The post office.
(b) His home.
(c) The racetrack.
(d) His dating life.
4. Who invites Henry to The Stone's retirement party?
(a) Matthew Battles.
(b) Tom Moto.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 3, what does Joyce give Henry?
(a) A bloody nose.
(b) The house.
(c) Her dog.
(d) The car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Betty do at her new job described in Chapter 3?
2. How far away does the racetrack move in Chapter 4?
3. How long is Henry's response to the woman in Chapter 3?
4. What kind of signs suddenly appear at Henry's work in Chapter 5-6?
5. What does Henry drink while working the required response in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Betty in Chapter 3?
2. What is in the Notice of Decision in Chapters 5-6?
3. Who is Marina Louise Chinaski?
4. Why does Henry need time off of work in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Henry go to the racetrack in Chapter 3?
6. Why does Henry get angry with Fay in Chapter 4?
7. What happens during Henry's exit interview in chapter 6?
8. Who is Robby?
9. Why are water fountains ripped out of the post office?
10. In Chapter 3, what happens when Henry returns to Betty to check on her a week and half later at the hotel?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)